starwood experts please?

tjmw2727

DIS Veteran
Also posted on the SP thread but its so long I thought it may get buried. Sorry about the dup and I will delete if I have broken rules.

I lost my Starwood Preferred Gold Status:-(

Depsite being a gold preferred member fora few years now I just got "downgraded" boo hoo.

It seems that my Starwood stays are 13 months apart! Dolphin 12/01, and then a starwood resort in Hawaii 6/02, then our next stay was Dolphin 2/03. Our December trip was at the ASMo at a $49 AP rate, couldn't resist - should have stuck with the Dolphin. (or maybe not!)

I was at the Manele Bay In Hawaii (A Starwood Property) for several nights, June 02, in-between the other stays. They are not finding my Manele Bay stay in the "system" even though they can find my dining and incidental charges.

I am not having any luck having them credit my stay and getting my gold status restored. I have spoken with starwood, a manager and e-mailed customer service. I am going to so a "snail mail" letter tommorrow with all my facts and receipts.

Anyone else ever had this happen, any other tips or advice from my fellow starwood members? TIA

I am really not looking for a freebe but I met the requirements to keep my gold status. I don't like the idea of resorting to applying for the credit card and jumping through more hoops to get what I think I deserve.

Right now my DH is on his way to a Starwood property in RI and we have two more stays planned this spring one at anther Westin property and 10 days at the Dolphin.

Ok - I know there are more important things in the world right now - perhaps this is just today's distraction.

TJ
good thoughts to all who need them

As a gold starwood member myself, I would not put up with this! You sound like Platinum status! I would call your Hawawii resort directly and insist they correct this immediately! and even bump you something for the trouble they have caused! You certainly have stayed more than enough based on my history, and I haven't stayed as much as you, am staying gold for years with no problems, when they bumped me down, 1 phone call and it was fixed (had the c.c.). So I was lucky but you should not have this kind of problems. I also read that if you are gold or better status with another resort company they will instate you for a year at gold to temp you to starwood. :rolleyes: Hang in there and DON'T give up. Email, and call! be a nusicance they will give in. :smooth:

Good luck, MKY!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter