Started off with a BANG- Magical Wish family vacation 2/13-2/23 (UPDATED 2 years later!)

I'm all misty eyed over here! What an amazing gift! All warm and fuzzy inside :)

Definitely go to the front desk. Keep at it until you get what you need. Your situation is unique and deserves some accommodations. You're not asking too much. Let us know how it turns out.

I hope you have been able to enjoy your day today.

At that point I found out that we had booked a preferred room but they actually booked a regular garden room. I need to read through my emails and bills bc I know I paid the preferred rate (I have the email.)
Who is "they" in this sentence? It's important because if they is POR resort then you are due a refund from Disney. If they is your TA then you need to address with them why you paid for one thing and they booked you in another.

Last edited:
I really feel for you. We had similarly bad luck on our last trip and it sucked the joy out of a lot of our trip. I hope that you get a chance to head to the front desk and that they make things right for you.

Gosh I hope they fix the room situation - Disney usually bends over backwards to make it right. Hope today is magical!

Concentrate less on the room and more on the smiles... The kids can endure anything at the happiest place on earth. If they see you stressed they will stress. I would step in the wet spot all week if it meant I could spend time with the people that mean the most to me. Breathe it in, your trip will be over in a flash (and then you have to deal with the tree damage) Please cannon ball into the pool your kids will remember it forever and it will end up being their favorite part of your trip. Get off the computer and get in the family huddle.

Our TA called this morning to see what she could do. She had a manager call me back, who offered 3 rooms for us in the same building. We just have to go pack up so they can move the luggage over.

I don't know if these pics will help, but the first is what TA sent me as a "confirmation" before payment. Then a few hours later, she sent me a final confirmation (which is the 2nd photo.) Someone else paid for our dining plan (and asked that we be upgraded to deluxe. We have it, so I have no idea why it doesn't say it on the final confirmation.) The difference in price from the first to second email is about $600. Which I took to be the difference in dining plan (4 people, 10 days.)

IMG_0700.jpg

IMG_0701.jpg
Also my sister in law is booked in a package with my dads room, but she's bunking in with us. They know that and said it's fine. But that's why we need 3 sleeping spaces. Hard to put 5 people on 2 queen beds, one with special gear for his medical supplies.

Okay, kids are with grandparents and we are enjoying a LeFou's brew, waiting to meet Gaston. Date time!! Today is better. Thanks for all your feedback and help!

Our TA called this morning to see what she could do. She had a manager call me back, who offered 3 rooms for us in the same building. We just have to go pack up so they can move the luggage over.

I don't know if these pics will help, but the first is what TA sent me as a "confirmation" before payment. Then a few hours later, she sent me a final confirmation (which is the 2nd photo.) Someone else paid for our dining plan (and asked that we be upgraded to deluxe. We have it, so I have no idea why it doesn't say it on the final confirmation.) The difference in price from the first to second email is about $600. Which I took to be the difference in dining plan (4 people, 10 days.)

View attachment 220335

View attachment 220336
Also my sister in law is booked in a package with my dads room, but she's bunking in with us. They know that and said it's fine. But that's why we need 3 sleeping spaces. Hard to put 5 people on 2 queen beds, one with special gear for his medical supplies.

Okay, kids are with grandparents and we are enjoying a LeFou's brew, waiting to meet Gaston. Date time!! Today is better. Thanks for all your feedback and help!
Really appears that while the TA started our with a Preferred room on the first image they booked a Garden View on the 2nd. Price can vary for a large number of reasons, different rooms get different promos sometimes.
The part about the dining plan is strange too. The only reason I can see it being listed without DP on that screen is it was added after the fact since someone else paid for it. Which opens up other questions but you have it and really, the hows probably don't matter.
Whatever happened, it doesn't appear POR put you in a different room that got booked.
Glad they got it all worked out. I had a feeling they would. Sorry it caused you so much stress for the first night.

What TA did you guys book through? Seems like a lot of the issues are because of the TA. I'm glad they got your rooms situated. The TA really should have made it clear to you though that Disney does not and can not guarantee your rooms are in the same building if the reservations aren't on the same booking (even then they don't guarantee it). Also just clarifying are your at riverside or french quarter. At french quarter the max room occupancy is 4 so I could see where they can't really help with a room of 5 if you are at French Quarter there should have been something but it is possible it isn't near the rest of the family which also seems to be important.

If there aren't enough beds and you have amazon prime get a cheap twin air mattress sent through Prime Now or tonight have someone take a cab to the 24 hour wal-mart and pick one up. That could salvage the rest of your trip if the kids bed is the only issue after you get all moved.

Last edited:
OP, I don't even know where to begin. So first off :hug:. And I hope you won't be offended if I say I'm praying for you and your family.

Second, I see that "hopefully" you have your room problems figured out. But I have to point out I think your TA let you down if a few ways. It looks like a different room type was booked than was first quoted. Something s(he) should have caught. Second, room requests are truly only requests. Disney does not guarantee room type, or what floor you will get, or location. Something else your TA should have told you. I do hope that now you will end up with everything you request and need! If any family deserves pixie dust it is yours!

Oh, and if your rooms still don't work you can always ask to be moved to another moderate resort. But stay away from CBR because that resort doesn't have any elevators at all.

Last edited:
So sorry for the rough beginning. Glad to hear they will be able to move you N your family close to each other. hope it continues to get better!

Oh my goodness! I'm so sorry this happened to you. I hope that things are getting better. I do know that WDW does actually guarantee room requests for some situations. For goodness sake we once took our teenage son and two of his friends and stayed at the Coronado. We wanted two rooms next to each other because we had 3 teenagers. They told us that because of the number of minors we were guaranteed two adjoining rooms. I even double checked to make sure I had heard correctly because I always thought those requests were just that - requests. And each time I called about something to do with our upcoming trip every CM told me that adjoining rooms were guaranteed. If they can guarantee a room request for something as basic as 3 teenagers it seems like your, much more important requests, should be guaranteed. My 15 year old read through your thread here and he immediately said "If I was Disney I would be bending over backward to make this better and upgrade them." These are the kinds of trips that need Disney Magic, I would imagine they would do everything they can to make this better for you. My family and I will be thinking of you!!! Big hugs!!!

Oh my goodness! I'm so sorry this happened to you. I hope that things are getting better. I do know that WDW does actually guarantee room requests for some situations. For goodness sake we once took our teenage son and two of his friends and stayed at the Coronado. We wanted two rooms next to each other because we had 3 teenagers. They told us that because of the number of minors we were guaranteed two adjoining rooms. I even double checked to make sure I had heard correctly because I always thought those requests were just that - requests. And each time I called about something to do with our upcoming trip every CM told me that adjoining rooms were guaranteed. If they can guarantee a room request for something as basic as 3 teenagers it seems like your, much more important requests, should be guaranteed. My 15 year old read through your thread here and he immediately said "If I was Disney I would be bending over backward to make this better and upgrade them." These are the kinds of trips that need Disney Magic, I would imagine they would do everything they can to make this better for you. My family and I will be thinking of you!!! Big hugs!!![/QUOTE

Nope. Unfortunately connecting rooms are never guaranteed. There is no way to do so as rooms are not blocked as we book. Disney does their best but posters here have been split up. The web site states connecting rooms are requested only and not guaranteed.

That's exactly what I thought @maxiesmom, yet it was multiple CMs who kept telling me the adjoining rooms were guaranteed because we had minors staying with us in a separate room. When we checked in at the resort we were again told that we had guaranteed connecting rooms and that's exactly what we got. I was actually just hoping for rooms as close together as possible. Odd.

That's exactly what I thought @maxiesmom, yet it was multiple CMs who kept telling me the adjoining rooms were guaranteed because we had minors staying with us in a separate room. When we checked in at the resort we were again told that we had guaranteed connecting rooms and that's exactly what we got. I was actually just hoping for rooms as close together as possible. Odd.
They may say it but it doesn't make it so. I'm pretty sure we can fill a 1000 book with things CM said on the phone that are wrong.

I think that what you said is the distinction. If there are only minors in the room then yes connecting is guaranteed. However once you put someone over 18 in the 2nd room it is no longer a guarantee. In the OPs case there are adults in every room so they don't see the absolute need to require connecting in the system when filling room assignments.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter