Stars Wars VR Feedback yet?

I'm pretty interested in this, but as a party of 2 would you be paired with strangers? It's not a dealbreaker, but I just wanted to go in with proper expectations.

I'm pretty interested in this, but as a party of 2 would you be paired with strangers? It's not a dealbreaker, but I just wanted to go in with proper expectations.
They will more than likely pair you. When I went with @wnwardii they were going to pair us up with another 2, but it was a father and son who spoke almost no English so they sent them in on their own and sent us in on our own since every other group behind us was either groups of 3 or 4.

was thinking about doing this. how long was the actual VR experience? 10 min?
The VR experience was about 20 minutes or so. There are several things you have to do to get set up - intro video, hooking up the packs, etc. The wait, especially on weekends, can be annoyingly long though, even if you have a reservation. The reservation times aren't exact. Sort of like an ADR, where you show up and are in a line to get in the next table, though this time you physically wait in line until there is room for another group. Every group can take a different amount of time to "complete their mission".

I'm interested in this BUT worried my glasses won't fit in the gear. I'm a big plastic frame kind of gal and probably wouldn't see well enough without them to really enjoy it.

I have seizures and I was totally fine. Because I have seizures I suffer from some light and sound sensitivity, but I was okay. My only complaint is I wish they kept score so you could see how well you did. It would also encourage people to try again to beat their score.
Thank you. My son has seizures too.

Great experience not sure if it's worth the price for about 15 minutes of actual VR

I'm interested in this BUT worried my glasses won't fit in the gear. I'm a big plastic frame kind of gal and probably wouldn't see well enough without them to really enjoy it.

My brother also wears fairly large glasses and he had no issues, the headset is designed to adjust around a lot of sizes.

I am wondering if anyone can answer if this has the potential to trigger motion sickness? My husband can get a bit queezy on Star Tours - along with other simulators - since your mind thinks your moving but you really aren't. Since in this you are actually walking around I am hoping it won't be the same. Anyone have any comments on that? Thanks!

I am wondering if anyone can answer if this has the potential to trigger motion sickness? My husband can get a bit queezy on Star Tours - along with other simulators - since your mind thinks your moving but you really aren't. Since in this you are actually walking around I am hoping it won't be the same. Anyone have any comments on that? Thanks!
@wnwardii might be able to answer that.

lol @dina444444

Yes, I can definitely comment on this situation. Let me preface some of this by stating that there is a PS4 game I had to quit playing because it was causing me to get motion sickness just by playing the game. It was not a VR game, but something about the open world and flow of the screen would cause me to start feeling sick.

With that being said, I road Star Tours (@ DHS) back in October 2016 without any motion sickness patch. But I can see how that will affect you. Last summer I rode the big thrill rides at Disneyland without wearing a patch. I felt jostled and out of sorts, but not too bad from a motion sickness perspective. Mission Breakout did affect me a little, but that is because it just slightly bounces after each drop.

Fast forward to mid-January 2018. I spent 2 1/2 days at Universal Studios Orlando and was riding all of the 3D and motion simulator type of rides. However, I did have the motion sickness patch on. Most of them didn't really affect me from that perspective. Don't get me wrong, they still jostle you a lot and that bothered me more than motion sickness. However, even with the patch on, the Jimmy Fallon ride and the Minions (using the stationary seat) did affect me. They were more intense to me than Star Tours was.

The reason I mention Universal is that after my last day there, @dina444444 and I did the Star Wars VR at Disney Springs late that evening. I was still wearing the patch. I was somewhat concerned as well since I had heard how VR could affect you. My experience with the VR was great! I didn't have any issues what so ever. Was this the patch or just that this type of VR didn't bother me? Not really sure. But given the simulator and 3D stuff I had done over the weekend prior, the Star Wars VR was really tame from that perspective. Yes, you are moving around some. But I felt so immersed in the story and what we were doing that I didn't even have time to really think about feeling ill. Now each person may handle this differently.

If your husband is really concerned, then I would recommend that he wear the motion sickness patch or just try taking some dramamine before.

I wanted to bump this thread and see if anyone has tried this with a nine-year-old. My daughter is just shy of 10 and she's tall enough, and I was hoping she could go. Thanks!

I wanted to bump this thread and see if anyone has tried this with a nine-year-old. My daughter is just shy of 10 and she's tall enough, and I was hoping she could go. Thanks!

I have very tall nine year old daughter and she would have been fine but we didn’t bring her because the age limit says 10.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter