Starlight Safari

Jessica Rust

Mouseketeer
Who has done the Starlight Safari leaving from AKL? Is it worth it? Thinking about adding it to our October trip.

We did it for a post cruise one-night stay at AKL. It was interesting but VERY short. There are better tours for Animal Kingdom. I would not book this one again. TIP if staying at AKL/Kidani: if you don't want to be part of the Starlight tour, close your drapes as you can see into lit rooms.

Did it with my daughter in April and we loved it. We did the earlier time which happened to be right at dusk that time of year it was perfect. You are brought in the trucks through all the savannas between the hotel within a couple feet of the animals, some you could reach out and touch. I agree with PP there might be better tours available but we both really enjoyed this one also.

I did it a few years ago and enjoyed it. It was a rather small groups (less than 20). They give you a night-vision scope to use to see the animals. You can also put it up to your phone to take pictures. I've attached some that I took.
IMG_2508.JPGIMG_2518.JPG

We did it in June of '18 and can't say enough good things about it. We had the later safari so it was our family (2 adults, 2 kids (10, 13)), another couple, and another family of 4 or 5. The kids in the other family were passed out about 30 minutes into the tour and the other adults didn't have any questions. Essentially the entire tour ended up being our guide conversing with, and answering questions from, us. Our oldest daughter was overseas at the time and was not with us and our two younger girls couldn't wait to Facetime her and tell her all about the tour. We loved it! I highly recommend the experience.

We also did this in 2018 (May), it was such a nice experience. The air was cooler, we got to see a lot of animals fairly close to the vehicle, and learning about how they care for the animals is awesome. We had a group of maybe 8-10 adults. It was a really nice end to our night!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter