Starbucks on the Oasis

moremouse

DIS Veteran
Well, the husband has made us reservations for next April on the Oasis. I am so nervous that I'm going to be VERY disappointed with RCCL. I mean, we cruised on the Explorer back in 2004, but... I've been spoiled by quite a few Disney cruises.

I'm used to having free non-alcoholic drinks on DCL, but it looks like there are very few choices that are free on Oasis.

Can you use a gift card at their Starbucks while on-board? I don't drink coffee, but would love to have some iced tea from them. Their Teavana stuff is so good. Easier than trying to make sweet tea with tea bags and then cooling it in the "fridge."

Anyone have any idea? If so, I could buy a GC from Target or somewhere to use just for that.

TIA :wave2:

According the CC boards you can use gift cards and the Starbucks card on board, but not the smartphone app.

I hope you have fun! I highly doubt that you will be disappointed with Royal and the Oasis class. And you may end up not liking Royal as much as DCL, but remember - you are on a floating hotel/resort going to warm places in the Caribbean, so how bad could it possibly be?

Oasis has an actual
Starbucks, and yes you can use the gc. I disagree that you can't use the app. I've read that that was so in the beginning but now you can. But if you don't have the wifi package it's not going to update so you have to keep track.

If you don't have the physical GC from your account now just buy a new one and attach it to the account and use that. Easy.

The only free drinks Disney has that Royal doesn't are sodas. And the sodas are hardly free given the price difference there often is between the two lines. :)

I can confirm that you can use the app, however, they have to type in the numbers, and you must have the wi-fi connected, as noted above.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter