Star Wars Tour AT Hollyweird

chris benton

DIS Veteran
Contemplating doing this as a fun extra, but I'm trying to figure out if it's worth it.

It runs from 8am-2pm. I'd do it on a day that also has Am EMH, which we'd normally do. From my understanding:

8 am check in, and what's included:
Jedi Training
Meet and Greet with whoever's in Launch Bay (?)
Guided tour of Launch Bay
A spin on Star Tours
Lunch at Backlot
Joining in the one of the 1st Order parades with special viewing area as well
Special Viewing area for another stage show?
A voucher for access to the Dessert Party's viewing area with interactions with Stormtroopers.

Can anyone comment on if this is an awesome special tour? Done it? Worth it? Wondering if the guides are a riot, and have extras for the kids - anything? Maybe better off going for emh and doing all this stuff on our own on an expected very low crowd level day?

The Star Wars Guided Tour runs everyday except Sunday starting at 8am and runs til approximately 2pm. It's a great day for Star Wars fans and knocks out every Star Wars attraction in the park. Tour is $99 per person with tax, and park admission is not included.

Timeline is as follows: (be advised all information can change without notice and some aspects could move around, or not happen at all.)

Check in at 8 near Guest Relations
Star Tours queue tour with history and story, first ride of the day
View of Path of the Jedi
Launch Bay Character encounters, Launch Bay tour
March of the First Order
Lunch at Backlot Express, includes Star Wars give aways
Viewing the model of Star Wars Galaxy's Edge at Walt Disney Presents
Star Wars a Galaxy Far Far Away Stage Show
Those who have kids aged 4-12 will automatically be signed up for the 1:40pm Jedi show, and it's the last event the tour does.

The tour does not include the dessert party, but does include reserved viewing for the evening fireworks (whether it's Jingle Bell Jingle Bam or the Star Wars fireworks).

The tour also has a Stormtrooper encounter but can happen at different locations throughout the tour based on different circumstances. The tour is lead by guides who share history, stories, and facts about everything you're seeing.

We did this tour when it was offered in the afternoon and included dinner and the dessert party, as well as the Jedi sign up. I think it was a great value then, we did not need to arrive early to sign my DS up for Jedi training, did not have to pay separately for the desert party, and really enjoyed the tour. I think the value is definitely reduced with the new tour, since it does not include the dessert party. I also think if you are getting to the park that early, it is fairly easy to sign your kids up for Jedi training.

While I don't think the current tour is a great value, and there are other experiences like DAH that are a better choice for the extra money, we did really enjoy the overall experience.

Did it when the dessert party was included for $120 p/p in Aug of 2017... it was a good day, and with the party I was 'ok' with the cost. At $93 p/p without the party I wouldn't do it unless you are a REAL Star Wars fan .. 90% of it can be done on your own when you want to do it . Even Jedi Training is easier to get lately, so that aspect is worth less (also how much do your kids want to do it ? My son at almost 10 gave it a pass this last time). Basically your paying for the reserved viewing spots at the show and fireworks.. which are nice to have, but had as good walkup view at the show last August without reserved spot. So that leaves the fireworks.

The cast members giving the tour are good and knowledgeable on the Studios aspect of Star Wars. They crack jokes here and there, but the one's we had wouldn't call a 'riot'. (They were awesome guides though). Didn't do anything extra for kids vs adults on the tour, although the Storm Troopers at lunch and dessert party did pay attention more to the kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter