Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Reaction and Discussion *CONTAINS SPOILERS*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again I'm in that spot of not sure to bring the 8 year old. Anxious to hear about intensity and violence levels compared to the force awakens and rogue one.

You can use my strategy (also known as my excuse to see it twice)...I tell my daughter I have to see if first to make sure it is okay for her to watch and then take her to see if (assuming it will be) so I can watch it twice ;)

I do wonder whether I will Loath Kylo Ren more after I see this. My sister's dog is known as a toy destroyer. I have purchased a dog toy in the image of Kylo so that he can destroy it for his pleasure and mine. I am rather shocked I did this. Usually I am live and let live kind of person. But Kylo has hit that bad button for me.

I will go see it because I like the heros and shall be rooting for the resistance.

Watch out for the Variety review...it didn't initially say it had spoilers, now it does... doesn't help that I read it before it said spoilers...grrr

Although I still have to find a babysitter for a six week old baby so my husband and I can go see it...and then I will have the challenge of sitting through the movie and not worrying about the baby, so it better be a darn good movie ;)

Watch out for the Variety review...it didn't initially say it had spoilers, now it does... doesn't help that I read it before it said spoilers...grrr

Although I still have to find a babysitter for a six week old baby so my husband and I can go see it...and then I will have the challenge of sitting through the movie and not worrying about the baby, so it better be a darn good movie ;)

Or a darn good babysitter.... Two ways to look at things..

One review that I saw that was very spoiler free that did not seem to care for the film was CNN. They were down on it.

here is the link to that one for those that are interested. The way I read it is that they liked how straight-forward The Force Awakens was and how it set the table, etc. and that this one is a bit more unexpected and they just felt a bit let down by some of the elements (which sort of fits with a lot of what I have seen that for those that didn't think TFA was perfect you will really like this one - so perhaps those that really loved TFA will be a bit down on this as it pivots a bit (which, to be honest, is similar to Empire Strikes Back compared to A New Hope)
http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/12/entertainment/star-wars-the-last-jedi-review/index.html

I'm with you on this. My kids, 6,6, and 8 have seen all but Rogue One. The 8 year old I'd probably show Rogue One to, but not the twins. I'm guessing this will be more TFA than Rogue One.

My five years old have seen both TFA and Rogue One. Most of the violence is over their heads. They still don't realize the Kylo killed Han. They seem to think he fell into a "hole." That being said, I got in trouble with the wife after she saw Rogue One once I bought the Blu-Ray.

So I've told there has to be a Daddy screening of TLJ first. Friday night cannot come soon enough.

My five years old have seen both TFA and Rogue One. Most of the violence is over their heads. They still don't realize the Kylo killed Han. They seem to think he fell into a "hole." That being said, I got in trouble with the wife after she saw Rogue One once I bought the Blu-Ray.

So I've told there has to be a Daddy screening of TLJ first. Friday night cannot come soon enough.

it's definitely one of those things where every kid is different. My oldest (she's 8) can be very sensitive and thing impact her but I think my son (who just turned 6 today) is better with just letting stuff go so in some ways I think I would be more ok with him watching Rogue One than my daughter even though he is younger

it's definitely one of those things where every kid is different. My oldest (she's 8) can be very sensitive and thing impact her but I think my son (who just turned 6 today) is better with just letting stuff go so in some ways I think I would be more ok with him watching Rogue One than my daughter even though he is younger

Absolutely. Every kid is different. There is no one size fits all, which is why I never pass judgment when I see kids of certain ages at movies. You never know.

One of my boys (twins), is frightened of absolutely nothing. Except real spiders. The other one is terrified of everything, even the creatures in Minecraft. Like we literally cannot go out at night when playing the game!

Honestly, I think the length of the movie will do them in long before anything else. If they go.

Absolutely. Every kid is different. There is no one size fits all, which is why I never pass judgment when I see kids of certain ages at movies. You never know.

One of my boys (twins), is frightened of absolutely nothing. Except real spiders. The other one is terrified of everything, even the creatures in Minecraft. Like we literally cannot go out at night when playing the game!

Honestly, I think the length of the movie will do them in long before anything else. If they go.

I agree with this. My 2 ate 16 months apart. My 11 has no problems with anything really when it comes to movies. My daughter (10) avoids scary movies but Star Wars has always been fine. She will have the harder time with the length though she will just curl up in the seat (we go to the one with the reclining seats) and take a nap. My son will be glued to the screen until the end.

Saw Last Jedi last night and I’m gutted because I really didn’t enjoy it. You can really see the direction Disney are taking the franchise in this film and it just didn’t do it for me. Too many poor gags, overly long and bit of a mess sadly.

Agreed. I can see what they were trying to go for, but it really fell flat for me in the execution and telling a good story.

It had enough jaw dropping moments for me to really enjoy it. Of course it has flaws but those wow moments were enough for me. I don’t ever expect to feel like I did 35 or 40 years ago but I felt some of the magic. My only disappointment is knowing Princess Leia will not be back for episode 9, that left me a little sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!