Star Wars: Galactic Starship (resort experience) News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although with more immersion, Disney are starting to use screens in its attractions, like Universal with Galaxies Edge, Mickey and Minnie’s runaway railway, and the space restaurant. The hotel is no exception where as new movies are released, they can update the screens with new space battles and scenes then only th missions will need minor tweaking

Agreed. Participation would need to be optional.

I also wonder how much the story/missions will be the same every time or will they introduce some element of randomness to it. If they change it up some even in small ways it might get people to come back again. That is one danger to a place like this - that is becomes a one and done and now back to pop.
in terms of participation, I think this will further the parallels with the cruise ship model - lots of optional activities to sign up for on board, multiple different “excursions” (likely some with a further up-charge), and a big event/show each day.

in terms of participation, I think this will further the parallels with the cruise ship model - lots of optional activities to sign up for on board, multiple different “excursions” (likely some with a further up-charge), and a big event/show each day.

I kinda envision it being like one of thos murder mystery dinner party things where you have a story kinda going on around you with actors and the like. Could have a light saber battle take place in the middle of the lobby or stuff like that. .

I kinda envision it being like one of thos murder mystery dinner party things where you have a story kinda going on around you with actors and the like. Could have a light saber battle take place in the middle of the lobby or stuff like that. .
I don’t think that’s a sustainable or scalable model

Yes - that would be for 2 adults. Again, all speculation, but it certainly won't be $200 a person. Consider Disney charges at times $800 a night at Boardwalk, the only thing holding them back is worrying that at a certain price point not enough people will sign up - they will want to fill the resort from day 1, so again I think initially you will see it be even maybe a little less. ($600 - 800 per person) but will price up quickly once it's a proven success.

I would think it will be inclusive of food.

Hard to say - but yes I would guess there will be specific characters to the hotel. Don't know that they would be big names like Luke and Leia though. The problem is that they can't really mix eras in this concept, so it will have to be set in either the 1-3, 4-6, or 7-9 eras - unlikely to be 1-3. That will limit what characters can show up. But I could see having like Boba Fett or someone like that that you rarely see.

I don't even think enough is known to speculate here. Could be just one long mission that goes throughout your stay. It probably will be very individualized. You will be assigned an experience for your family. Other people will be having the same experience, but the timing of it will likely be slightly different. Or could be a big pile of mini-missions. Think like the Agent P missions in Epcot. That said, I think this will be throughout the stay.

I think this is a given - there will be some sort of exclusive access - most likely an after hours type thing I would think.

The whole thing when you think about it is fascinating. Do you have a swimming pool at this resort? All that money and no pool? Is it really that you are "locked in" to this world for 2 days? Do you have a TV in the room - or only a view screen that can watch Star Wars related stuff? How immersive is it? The big variable in all this is the behavior of the consumer. Won't there be people that want to do it, but don't want to be a "part of the story"? What happens when people don't feel the story is good enough for what they are paying? It's really a pretty big risk Disney is taking - something Universal could've easily done with HP but didn't.

No way they will sell an all inclusive weekend for 300 a night. That rate is comparable to all stars with the dinning plan. 400 would be a gift--- hoping to catch it for less than 1000 per person for the weekend.

Any chance construction has already begun and it just not obvious? I’m guessing there is no way one of those large “show buildings” is hiding a hotel somewhere?

One would think the ground work or utility infrastructure has accommodated this hotel within reason.
It will be interesting to see where they place it to give access to star wars land. One would think you wouldn't need transportation. In theory it could take minimal space.

One would think the ground work or utility infrastructure has accommodated this hotel within reason.
It will be interesting to see where they place it to give access to star wars land. One would think you wouldn't need transportation. In theory it could take minimal space.

Unless transportation is part of the experience like the Hogwartz train.

Unless transportation is part of the experience like the Hogwartz train.

I think the transportation IS the hotel. You check on night one into your spaceship...flying the space overnight is you first nights stay...next morning "Land" at Galaxy's Edge. Spend the day doing things in the park or in the hotel/ship. Second night spent "Flying" back home, checkout morning of day 2 with a $200 video of your experience and next round of guests streaming in. Wash, rinse, repeat every two days.

I think the transportation IS the hotel. You check on night one into your spaceship...flying the space overnight is you first nights stay...next morning "Land" at Galaxy's Edge. Spend the day doing things in the park or in the hotel/ship. Second night spent "Flying" back home, checkout morning of day 2 with a $200 video of your experience and next round of guests streaming in. Wash, rinse, repeat every two days.
It could mean that, but I am not sold the new Hotel will be physically connected to the park. It stated something like it will be thematically linked or some such, it may be you stay in a ship and then "shuttle" to the world in SW:GE during the day.....and have some transport set up like Hogwarts.

It could mean that, but I am not sold the new Hotel will be physically connected to the park. It stated something like it will be thematically linked or some such, it may be you stay in a ship and then "shuttle" to the world in SW:GE during the day.....and have some transport set up like Hogwarts.

That is how I picture it too - but guess we shall see

That's quite possible as well - I guess I was assuming it would be attached to land so that they could have variability of having people doing things in the land whenever it was convenient without dealing with a transportation system that would have to be built but only used by a few hundred people a day. I'm not denying it could be built remotely, but to me it's quite logical to integrate it with the land itself. (It could even share a kitchen with the TS restaurant in GE, allowing them to save on costs of having an entire kitchen staff again for a mere few hundred people.)

That is what I was thinking. Some kind of shuttcraft from the ship to the planet. Could make some kind of modified bus with the windows being TV monitor things (again similar to hogwarts) and music and sound and video to go along with being in a shuttle to the planet.

We will see . certainly hard to know right now.

I’m thinking a bus with screens like mentioned or a tunnel running under ground that comes up into the land

The logistics of a small hotel...and disney's large infrastructure, it would make sense to share services when and if it's possible.
As skier_pete mentions, a restaurant kitchen is a good choice. Shared amenities with another resort in close proximity would also make sense sort of like riviera and CBR.
A lot of good logical options, but no good smoking gun to really tell us what they are doing.

Maybe building it just across the road and they will use the existing conveyor to bring you over......

I wonder if the new room security checks will be done by Stormtroopers instead of housekeepers?

I wish I could like this more than once.

I’m really hoping standard rooms will be large enough for 5 like the older deluxe resorts but given that most everything newer is built for 4 only I’m afraid this is going to be completely out of the realm of possibility for us.

Anyone want to buy a first born? :duck:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter