Star Wars: Galactic Starship (resort experience) News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, your magic band is going to be extra trackable within the land and CM will be able to tell if you did well on one of the attractions etc.

They were very clear during the presentation at D23 that you will be able to participate as much - or as little - as you want. So I hunk they know that some people won't care about the immersion and will just want to ride the rides - and they will be able to

We see that with Pandora in that some people go there, do the rides, then say "guess that's" I and move along while others spend hours wandering - I think this will be similar (but to a greater degree)

What if they booked the hotel by program, so that it's not a constant flow of people, but rather an event/program/story that you sign up for? Example: March 2-3 is the *insert Star Wars jargon here* Adventure. Description would say something along the lines of a story, so: "you're all chilling with the Resistance and everyone's a good guy...or are they? Find the spy and escape the First Order" (obviously not this, but you get the gist) and then the story would unfold from there. Everyone booked for those 2-3 days would take part in the same overarching story and the experience of staying in the hotel, though individual,would have the same story arc for everyone. You could customize an avatar, get a space name, get a costume & backstory, etc. Everyone would arrive and leave at the same time (like a cruise) and have some similar motivation, but eventually their own role to play in it.That way, it would convey the message of immersion rather than resort and you wouldn't have the people wanting to leave to go to other parks, people not wanting to be in costume, etc. So for those two days, all you would do is take part in this entire experience. They could rotate storylines, events, programs, etc. so that it wouldn't get stale after one visit and you could fully immerse and control that particular story. This method seems to make a lot more sense to me than overlapping stays and multiple storylines for different people, at least at first.

I think that is wexactlycwhat will happen - and I think what the survey about the hotel implied - it would be a set 2-night program and everyone checks in and out around the same time.

The cruise analogy has been mentioned here before and I think it is the closest thing to relate this too. And I think there will be like a "navigator" full of activities you can choose from. There may be some running thread of a task or "murder mystery" type case to solve but I think that will only be part of it. So even if you don't want to really do the full on role-playing you can still go to a light saber training class or a cooking class or character need - type of stuff you would see on a cruise. And like on a cruise, meal time will be part of the show

I think that is wexactlycwhat will happen - and I think what the survey about the hotel implied - it would be a set 2-night program and everyone checks in and out around the same time.

The cruise analogy has been mentioned here before and I think it is the closest thing to relate this too. And I think there will be like a "navigator" full of activities you can choose from. There may be some running thread of a task or "murder mystery" type case to solve but I think that will only be part of it. So even if you don't want to really do the full on role-playing you can still go to a light saber training class or a cooking class or character need - type of stuff you would see on a cruise. And like on a cruise, meal time will be part of the show
I think this is the route they will go.
You can't go 100% full audience participation, as there are just too many wall flowers to make that work. However, if there is a component of that, so that those interested can participate it will likely be well received. A two night performance cycle could make a lot of sense. If the cycle is too large, it won't fit into folks vacation plans.
As to kids and adult only experiences. It is Disney, kids are going to be welcome in 98% of everything. It's not to say they can't have late night stuff, that is less than appealing to little ones, and hope folks self select another option. The programing can be done in such a way as to make it difficult to for children to participate, but not exclude them.

You can't go 100% full audience participation, as there are just too many wall flowers to make that work. However, if there is a component of that, so that those interested can participate it will likely be well received. A two night performance cycle could make a lot of sense. If the cycle is too large, it won't fit into folks vacation plans.
As to kids and adult only experiences. It is Disney, kids are going to be welcome in 98% of everything. It's not to say they can't have late night stuff, that is less than appealing to little ones, and hope folks self select another option. The programing can be done in such a way as to make it difficult to for children to participate, but not exclude them.

and I could see them have perhaps an adults only bar or some adults only events at night (again, similar to how things are on a Disney cruise) but like you said, 98% of it needs to be family friendly

Now, over time I could see them try different things - maybe do an option for a 1 or 2 night experience that is adults only ... or go the other way with one geared even more towards kids

Plus the two nights cycle allows more people to experience it. I like the cruise-ship analogy as well.

So many questions about this:
Are you "locked in" to the hotel for two days to keep the immersion?
Do you get free or "special" access to Galaxy's Edge as part of your resort stay?

I like the concept .. where do I sign up to be on the waiting list? :)

Plus the two nights cycle allows more people to experience it. I like the cruise-ship analogy as well.

So many questions about this:
Are you "locked in" to the hotel for two days to keep the immersion?
Do you get free or "special" access to Galaxy's Edge as part of your resort stay?

I like the concept .. where do I sign up to be on the waiting list? :)

The survey mentioned "Exclusive access to the Star War area of the park" - so assuming they stick with that it seems you would have some time in at least Galaxy's Edge. I don't know what they mean by "Exclusive" but perhaps it is after hours or pre-park opening. Also why I think a lot of us think this hotel will have a special entrance directly into that land within DHS to keep the immersion

The survey mentioned "Exclusive access to the Star War area of the park" - so assuming they stick with that it seems you would have some time in at least Galaxy's Edge. I don't know what they mean by "Exclusive" but perhaps it is after hours or pre-park opening. Also why I think a lot of us think this hotel will have a special entrance directly into that land within DHS to keep the immersion
The special entrance is what I am wondering about.

My guess though (since I don't see how they would confine you to just Galaxy's Edge during normal hours) would be special before or after/hours access.
My guess as well is that that you would still need a valid DHS ticket though to use the "special access" perk. *shrug* . .maybe not though if there is a special entrance.

The special entrance is what I am wondering.

My guess though (since I don't see how they would confine you to just Galaxy's Edge during normal hours) would be special before or after/hours access.
My guess as well is that that you would still need a valid DHS ticket though to use the "special access" perk. *shrug* . .maybe not though if there is a special entrance.

Especially if it is just pre or post hours I would thing entrance to the land would be included in your package price for staying at the hotel - remember (at least per the survey) it is structure like an all inclusive / cruise in that meals are included, etc. - so I don't think you would need valid park tickets on top of that.

Especially if it is just pre or post hours I would thing entrance to the land would be included in your package price for staying at the hotel - remember (at least per the survey) it is structure like an all inclusive / cruise in that meals are included, etc. - so I don't think you would need valid park tickets on top of that.

If it is an all-inclusive "cruise"-like environment . .then Yes .. I could see having exclusive access to just the land to increase the immersiveness.

So it definitely sounds like you don't leave the confines of the hotel/Galaxy's Edge thing. Interesting.
this may not be for everyone for sure, but sounds fun to me.

and I could see them have perhaps an adults only bar or some adults only events at night (again, similar to how things are on a Disney cruise) but like you said, 98% of it needs to be family friendly

Some of us are waiting for any non family friendly offerings...Don't have kids, don't want 'em. I'd pay a premium for some low key lounges that stay open late.

Some of us are waiting for any non family friendly offerings...Don't have kids, don't want 'em. I'd pay a premium for some low key lounges that stay open late.
I have kids and would love an adults only space for nighttime. Kids Nite Out is great. :)

We loved Remy and the adults only bar/pool on the DCL cruise last Apr. :thumbsup2

I have kids and would love an adults only space for nighttime. Kids Nite Out is great. :)

We loved Remy and the adults only bar/pool on the DCL cruise last Apr. :thumbsup2

I knew we were kindred spirits.

I have a biased love of everything involving "Remy" as my beloved nephew is named that. All the guys in my family have RJ initials. When he gets a year older, we're taking him! Can't wait!

I've got two kids...I'd still love some adult only offerings. I can con DS15 into "babysitting" DS6 at WDW for as little as a churro or two. Then the wife and I can go have a nice night out with no cares and then a cocktail with other "old" people.

Is there any new info in this??

http://thedisneyblog.com/2017/08/08...sive-guest-experience-yet/?platform=hootsuite

Some of the details I don't remember reading before... not at all sure about potential accuracy... just some conjecture based on looking closely at the released pics...??

"As a resort guest, you will have the option to go a mission. A dossier will tell you where to go, which characters you have to interact with to complete the mission. What happens at the hotel will impact your reputation in the park, and vice-versa."

"Your room will look out over an alien planet. Guests will have access to a Star Wars wardrobe so they feel more immersive. The detail of having your own droid beside the bed to interact with is great. I can see some secret mission details coming in via the droid."

I've got two kids...I'd still love some adult only offerings. I can con DS15 into "babysitting" DS6 at WDW for as little as a churro or two. Then the wife and I can go have a nice night out with no cares and then a cocktail with other "old" people.

Btw, I want to be part of any family, friends collective where churros are a form of currency.

Is there any new info in this??

http://thedisneyblog.com/2017/08/08...sive-guest-experience-yet/?platform=hootsuite

Some of the details I don't remember reading before... not at all sure about potential accuracy... just some conjecture based on looking closely at the released pics...??

"As a resort guest, you will have the option to go a mission. A dossier will tell you where to go, which characters you have to interact with to complete the mission. What happens at the hotel will impact your reputation in the park, and vice-versa."

"Your room will look out over an alien planet. Guests will have access to a Star Wars wardrobe so they feel more immersive. The detail of having your own droid beside the bed to interact with is great. I can see some secret mission details coming in via the droid."
I don't believe this is confirmed but yes you are supposed to have missions and some of those resort interactions could carry into the land.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!