Star Wars: Galactic Starship (resort experience) News

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. All resorts within walking distance to a theme park are considered deluxe.

It’s just another guess, but I think a new resort with direct access to the most highly anticipated expansion at WDW would be more expensive than Port Orleans. Royal Guest Rooms are cute, but the theming will be nothing compared to the experience Disney is describing for Star Wars.

Take value, moderate, deluxe out of the equation. Disney hasn't built anything like this before. It will be EXPENSIVE. Nowhere near the price of ANY type of room at any moderate. They may label it as a deluxe or they may not. But it will cost $$$$ for sure. Even if they broke the experience price and nightly rate charges apart It will still be more than a moderate per night guaranteed because of the low room volume.

Last edited:
I agree. All resorts within walking distance to a theme park are considered deluxe.

It’s just another guess, but I think a new resort with direct access to the most highly anticipated expansion at WDW would be more expensive than Port Orleans. Royal Guest Rooms are cute, but the theming will be nothing compared to the experience Disney is describing for Star Wars.

I'm not saying it's not possible. I just think that Deluxe resort pricing isn't the "target" here. But, then again, maybe the target is the more to-do families with children or the "once in a lifetime" guests and if that's the case then it certainly changes my expectation.

I don't think forcing people into club level deluxe for the second half of their stay would fly. Star Wars fans throw a lot of money around, but it would be insulting to expect them to only pay for the most expensive possible resort class when there are so many alternatives.
There are no alternatives to the Star Wars Hotel. Expecting we'll be able to stay, excluding the few who will win the inevitable contest, for anything resembling a reasonable price is fantasy. I'll stand by my previous point, if it sells out quickly it wasn't priced correctly. Offering an expensive VIP experience package, including a few nights at club level, is one way to market an expensive package. Some concerts the best seats are sold in VIP packages. You pay $$$ for a package which includes the tickets,some trinkets and maybe a meet and greet.

edited to add: Maybe not every room will require a club level vacation package.I'd be surprised if a significant portion of the hotel isn't sold as a VIP vacation experience including deluxe resort.

Yea, I'm not sure I see Disney pricing the SW resort at anything above Moderate pricing. I understand this resort's functions and theming are likely to be on par with the amenities and luxury of the Deluxe resorts but I just don't see the die-hard fanbase folks being OK with paying Deluxe prices. Seems to me Disney would be weeding out the very people they're targeting here. And, sure, I understand non-diehards alike would be interested but again, the SW fans are the focus.

This is all just conjecture so I could be completely wrong. But my gut tells me Moderate resort pricing is more in-line with what we will see (whatever those Moderate prices may be at the time).
My gut tells me a price that low will sell out in seconds for as many weeks as Disney puts on sale. I don't see Disney offering the Star Wars Hotel as a basically a lottery. Anyone lucky enough to be online, with fast enough internet and fast typing ability gets to stay. NOT.

Last edited:
My gut tells me a price that low will sell out in seconds for as many weeks as Disney puts on sale. I don't see Disney offering the Star Wars Hotel as a basically a lottery. Anyone lucky enough to be online, with fast enough internet and fast typing ability gets to stay. NOT.

I absolutely agree that a low price will sellout extremely quickly. But at some point the 'new' will wear off and the 'lottery' will be less sought after. So what then?... they just maintain their incredibly high price? They go down in price hundreds of dollars? Nah.

I still think somewhere closer to the moderate or between moderate-deluxe range is where things will land. I'm not saying that's going to happen and I'm not staking my house on it. And I wouldn't write off the possibility that they'd charge Deluxe prices, either. However, the notion the entire hotel is going to be at club level pricing? That's a no for me, dawg.

I absolutely agree that a low price will sellout extremely quickly. But at some point the 'new' will wear off and the 'lottery' will be less sought after. So what then?... they just maintain their incredibly high price? They go down in price hundreds of dollars? Nah.

I still think somewhere closer to the moderate or between moderate-deluxe range is where things will land. I'm not saying that's going to happen and I'm not staking my house on it. And I wouldn't write off the possibility that they'd charge Deluxe prices, either. However, the notion the entire hotel is going to be at club level pricing? That's a no for me, dawg.
There have been a few different rumors regarding pricing, but one I saw for a while suggested that this would be priced and packaged like a cruise. There have also been rumors suggesting that they will be 2 night/3day all inclusive packages. One number thrown around was $2,000/night for 2 adults, reduced price per person with additional occupancy.

I would be absolutely SHOCKED if it was priced anywhere near a moderate.

There have been a few different rumors regarding pricing, but one I saw for a while suggested that this would be priced and packaged like a cruise. There have also been rumors suggesting that they will be 2 night/3day all inclusive packages. One number thrown around was $2,000/night for 2 adults, reduced price per person with additional occupancy.

This.

I think (based on the way the experience has been described, and the severely small room count) that calling this a hotel is misleading. I don't expect it to be something you can check in and check out of on days of your choosing, for a length of time that you decide. One night stays won't happen, full week long trips won't happen (except for those who can pay for multiple consecutive experiences). For full immersion that remains in control of the organizers, without stretching human resources too thin, it really would have to be a set number of days where the story is played out from beginning to end with whatever group of people is "on board" for that booking. I fully expect the price point to be somewhere in the vicinity of a very expensive cruise and in a class all its own when compared to even club level at the deluxes.

Yea, I'm not sure I see Disney pricing the SW resort at anything above Moderate pricing. I understand this resort's functions and theming are likely to be on par with the amenities and luxury of the Deluxe resorts but I just don't see the die-hard fanbase folks being OK with paying Deluxe prices. Seems to me Disney would be weeding out the very people they're targeting here. And, sure, I understand non-diehards alike would be interested but again, the SW fans are the focus.

This is all just conjecture so I could be completely wrong. But my gut tells me Moderate resort pricing is more in-line with what we will see (whatever those Moderate prices may be at the time).

I was just at Celebration. Grand Floridian prices are nothing compared to what people were spending there.

Prepare to be shocked then!

I think there’s basically zero chance that this will be priced anywhere in the neighborhood of moderate!

I expect higher than deluxe for a real first class immersive experience. This will attract SW die-hard fans, more casual SW fans with $$$ to spend, and just those with $$$$ to spend who want to try something different, new, tough to book, etc.

This is sized like a boutique hotel — I expect it to be priced that way.

Admittedly, my Moderate pricing may be far too low. After some of the points raised, I can see Deluxe pricing happening. But "higher than deluxe" seems less likely, to me. I just can't imagine that Disney's target is going to be willing to pay that years down the line. But none of us know for sure so we can all keep guessing until then.

Admittedly, my Moderate pricing may be far too low. After some of the points raised, I can see Deluxe pricing happening. But "higher than deluxe" seems less likely, to me. I just can't imagine that Disney's target is going to be willing to pay that years down the line. But none of us know for sure so we can all keep guessing until then.

I think what the concept has going for it is that there is quite literally nothing else like it anywhere. If all details hold true, it's basically going to be a landlocked cruise, and I expect that part of the package will be some exclusive time in SWGE ONLY for people staying in the hotel. People are willing to shell out $15K per year just for membership in Club 33 because it's exclusive and unique. There will be a large appeal to drop money on an experience you can't get anywhere else from that crowd, plus the die hards who will save for however long is necessary to experience it themselves.

I think what the concept has going for it is that there is quite literally nothing else like it anywhere. If all details hold true, it's basically going to be a landlocked cruise, and I expect that part of the package will be some exclusive time in SWGE ONLY for people staying in the hotel. People are willing to shell out $15K per year just for membership in Club 33 because it's exclusive and unique. There will be a large appeal to drop money on an experience you can't get anywhere else from that crowd, plus the die hards who will save for however long is necessary to experience it themselves.
Yup. This isn’t a regular hotel with some Star Wars stuff on the walls. IF they really execute well on what we’ve heard initially, a higher than deluxe price is feasible.

And people seem to not realize that this is being discussed as a 2 night experience. It’s not a rate you’d be paying for 7 or 10 days.

We've cruised Disney as well and those prices are higher than a deluxe. And the ships are always full. So I think running it higher will work for them a long time. Especially, as the poster above said, when it's only for 2 or 3 nights.

My eyeballs would most likely pop entirely out of my head, if this happened. In fact, I'll be shocked if it's not double what at moderate costs.

If the "cruise on land" concept is accurate, then it certainly will be more expensive than just a hotel room. With an all-inclusive experience plus the interactivity, they can charge a premium. It will no doubt be pricey, but I don't think it will be totally outrageous. They need it to fill, and they need it to stay filled forever. If it is too ridiculous, they will price too many people out from the start and price people out who will only spend that kind of money once. Moderate resort pricing is certainly undershooting, but $10k for a 3 day stay is way over the mark. I would guess that cruise pricing is a good starting point, plus a bump up for the all-inclusive, interactive experience.

With the news/rumor of the name "Chandrila Star Line" interstellar cruise, the cruise pricing is becoming more realistic. Take the price of a Star wars day at Sea cruise , probably bump it 10-15% at least initially and you have the price of this hotel/land cruise. Probably be all inclusive and have a 3, 4 or 7 night experiences just like the cruises. I bet they will start at a minimum/basic room at $600-700 a night for 2, $900-$1000 for 4 etc. Like others said you won't be able to book just one night, the experiences will have a set start date like a cruise. Cruises sell out all the time at this price and the Star Wars land cruise will too. If anything I am guessing to low on the prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter