Star Wars Merchandise

Cyrano

DIS Veteran
Wonder if recent visitors can confirm if there is a good selection of merchandise, specially from the new movie?

DS (5) has got into this in a big way and thinks it way cool that Disney dad (me) has I,II,IV,V and VI on DVD. He's busy saving for hopeful spends. :goodvibes

Pity that Darth Tatter does not make it across the Atlantic to DLP :teeth:

Reid

They had a large selection at the star tours shop (of course) and in the Disney Village and main big shop in the Studios. All very much the same. Most were from the new film (actually I think about 80% were). They ranged from 13.90 to 19.90 euros each and then some of the ships were around 38 euros or more. I wouldnt say there was an absolute huge collection but around about 40 plus to choose from. And of course theres the tshirts. Prepare to be lured to the dark side of the force where you will lose the use of your limbs and stand for ages waiting for your child to make up their mind........!!
Oh yes, I loved Ham solo myself!!

DH is so pleased to hear about all the Star Wars merchandise. You know how some women are 'football widows'? Well, I'm a 'Star Wars widow' :rotfl:

Morveryn

Your husband would love to go to WDW for the Star Wars weekend. It was on the 2 weekends we were there at MGM and although I am not a great fan I did enjoy it and my DH and DS lapped it up ! Wonderful photo opportunities too

100_0526.jpg

Morveryn said:
DH is so pleased to hear about all the Star Wars merchandise. You know how some women are 'football widows'? Well, I'm a 'Star Wars widow' :rotfl:

Oh me too! Me too!

DH hates football but my goodness he makes up for it in spades as regards Star Wars!!

Dee8197 said:
Morveryn

Your husband would love to go to WDW for the Star Wars weekend. It was on the 2 weekends we were there at MGM and although I am not a great fan I did enjoy it and my DH and DS lapped it up ! Wonderful photo opportunities too

100_0526.jpg

Dee,
Do you know what dates these weekends are on? We've seen bits of it on the telly & I know he'd love to go when its on. Our previous trips to WDW nevers seemed to coincide with the Star Wars weekend.

It's May time - have a look at Mandymouse's trip Report on the UK Trip Report forum - she's got some detail and lots of great photos!

You've been given the info that you asked for by Miffy. We were there last May 13th -27th and causght the 2 weekends. May is a good time to go to WDW good deals at that time of year. By the time we left we were on our knees with the heat but the first 10 days were great
100_0536.jpg

Love that photo Dee!! Is that your son? (The one that's not Darth Maul, obviously ;) )

Miffy
Thanks, yes it is my son - he doesn't look to sure about his situation does he?
He loved the weekends and really got into the characters.

Dee8197 said:
Miffy
Thanks, yes it is my son - he doesn't look to sure about his situation does he?
He loved the weekends and really got into the characters.

Can't blame him Dee! Not sure I'd be that keen on being quite that close to Mr Maul ;)

Reid - sorry for going OT on your thread!

Nice to see everyone join in the "force" :goodvibes

Good news on the merchandise front. Thanks Guys. I know two boys, I mean one son and dad who'll be very happy :teeth:

Reid

A lightsaber was the one thing DH asked our DSs to bring back for him last week.:rolleyes:
A few years ago we got multi coloured ones in the shop near the Star Tours ride but due to extreme over-use by DH those three got broken.
Unfortunately they didn't sell them anymore(why should they when they can sell the official ones for three times the price!!)so we came home with a new one for each boy and lightsaber duels resumed immediately in our back garden.DH is in his element-bless him.:teeth:

The great thing about Star Traders are the Disney exclusive figures from the actual Star Tours ride. I've not got them in previous trips but now my study has become a Star Wars room I can justify getting them :cool1:

They'll add to the collection, if I can fit them in as there are still boxes of stuff in the loft that haven't made the display units!

col-main.jpg

Steve, that looks frighteningly like my spare room! I can't even think about the many boxes in our attic :rolleyes:

dlpSteve

Your collection looks superb ! It reminds me of when my DS's were small, the first Starwars film came out along with all the merchandise. Every Saturday we would go to the toyshop and for a treat ( if they had been good ) they each had a Starwars figure, over the years they had loads.
Not that long ago they asked me where they are ( I am a hoarder and still have loads of their toys ) but do not have any of the Starwars figures. When they were eight or nine years old, I blew my top because their bedroom was such a mess ( most mum's will know what I mean ) I told them that if they didn't put their toys away I would throw them away ( an empty threat seeing that I'm a hoarder ) Over the next few days they had their friends in to play, eventually an adult friend of the family came round and was immediately invited to their bedroom ( somewhat unusual ! ) Shortly after he came and asked us if we knew what our boys were doing ? They were selling their toys to all their friends! I blew another gaskit, only to be told that they were not going to put their toys away and because I said I was going to throw them away if they didn't they thought they would sell them ! Hence the disapearance of the Starwars figures.

I sold all my original Star Wars toys to a friend at school when I was 12 - who gutted am I now? Not as interesting as your story though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter