Star Wars Land--Disneyland vs. Disney World

slpeters

DIS Veteran
Do people have a sense of how similar Galaxy's Edge will be between WDW and DLR? I realize Disney World will have the hotel and Disney Land won't but do people have a sense of how the in park experiences will compare? I know no one really knows but is there enough info out there to determine if they will have the same rides, similar or divergent amounts of space dedicated to the new land, etc.?

We did our first trip to Disney World last year. We're doing Universal Orlando (with side trips to MVMCP and SeaWorld this winter) and we're looking at a Disneyland trip (first time) and a Star Wars trip (we assumed this would be at WDW). The more I look at the difference between the FP systems I almost feel like if the in park experiences are similar, it might be easier to manage Star Wars at Disneyland rather than Disney World. I know no one really knows yet, but anyone have any thoughts?

I believe they will be fairly similar overall, but it does appear that Disneyland's will have more entrances and exits than Disney World's. FP is much, much easier to manage at Disneyland, especially if you spring for Maxpass, I love that they are day of only, which means that you can go and get same day FPs for most attractions, even well into the evening without any difficulty. There are a few exceptions, but even the exceptions are becoming easier to get.

Now personally, I live near Disneyland, so I do have a bit of a bias there, but I still maintain Maxpass is far superior to FP+, except that it costs extra money.

We also don’t know if there will be changes to maxpass specifically around access to Star Wars.
I doubt there will be, they may have fewer FPs per hour at first, then add more as time goes on. This is what they have done for popular rides like Guardians and Racers, I doubt this will be any different.....annual passhooders that have paid extra for MaxPass would scream murder if they made changes to the system for Star Wars land. This is actually one of the benefits of a paid system, they can't change it too much without major issues.

I would not at all be surprised if there was a maxpass price increase ahead of galaxys edge opening.
Now I could see this, but many passhooders already have passes that will be valid for that time of the year with MaxPass added on or included, so I doubt they could do too dramatic of an increase at this point.

Now I could see this, but many passhooders already have passes that will be valid for that time of the year with MaxPass added on or included, so I doubt they could do too dramatic of an increase at this point.
It would be the same as any other price increase. Those that already have it will pay the new increased price at their renewal date, in the meantime nothing changes for them.

It would be the same as any other price increase. Those that already have it will pay the new increased price at their renewal date, in the meantime nothing changes for them.
Yes, but the problem is if they raise it too high compared to what those that already have it has paid, then people will not buy it. No skin off my nose, but the reality is I don't see people will to shell out more than maybe another $5 a day, at most.

Yes, but the problem is if they raise it too high compared to what those that already have it has paid, then people will not buy it. No skin off my nose, but the reality is I don't see people will to shell out more than maybe another $5 a day, at most.

interesting.....I am standing on my soap box that folks will pay $100.00 just to enter SWGE with a very limited number of folks in the area.....that it not be a theme park but an actualization of 40 years of fantasy of what it would be to visit a land without a crush of non-believers, a true Disney Bubble!!!!

Somehow I had missed that Disneyland isn’t getting the hotel. That will really change our plans.

Somehow I had missed that Disneyland isn’t getting the hotel. That will really change our plans.
Oooh… I was just assuming that because of space. If you're taking me as some sort of authority for that, please wait for someone else to chime in.

interesting.....I am standing on my soap box that folks will pay $100.00 just to enter SWGE with a very limited number of folks in the area.....that it not be a theme park but an actualization of 40 years of fantasy of what it would be to visit a land without a crush of non-believers, a true Disney Bubble!!!!
And you can bet there will be special events that will sell precisely this, but at around $500 per person. That being said, this won't be at the exclusion of regular park guests at other times, that would go over like a lead balloon.

Do people have a sense of how similar Galaxy's Edge will be between WDW and DLR? I realize Disney World will have the hotel and Disney Land won't but do people have a sense of how the in park experiences will compare? I know no one really knows but is there enough info out there to determine if they will have the same rides, similar or divergent amounts of space dedicated to the new land, etc.?

We did our first trip to Disney World last year. We're doing Universal Orlando (with side trips to MVMCP and SeaWorld this winter) and we're looking at a Disneyland trip (first time) and a Star Wars trip (we assumed this would be at WDW). The more I look at the difference between the FP systems I almost feel like if the in park experiences are similar, it might be easier to manage Star Wars at Disneyland rather than Disney World. I know no one really knows yet, but anyone have any thoughts?
The rides will be identical. The actual land layout may be a bit different to fit in the available space, but I think they designed a lot for the space at Disneyland, which is more constricting, and Disneyworld just made modifications where it was necessary/available.

I can’t remember if there will be a table service or just counter service, but I would be willing to bet that Disneyworld will have alcohol while Disneyland will not. I think enough DLR die-hards would be seriously up in arms if they started serving alcohol inside Disneyland (except Club 33).

They have also promised interactive elements, like how you do on a ride could impact how you are treated by characters and CMs in the land (ie rebel or empire). With the magic bands, this would be easier to implement at Disneyworld. Disneyland is likely working on something similar, but it would probably take time to get it all working.

In terms of crowds, I’d say the people in the land will probably be the same between the two parks. But the impact on Disneyland will be felt much worse due to congested walkways, and just all around limited space. At Disneyworld it is more set up for higher crowds and there is more ways to distribute them, with parks that are further apart.

Overall, if I was not a Disneyland local, I would probably think the WDW experience could be better. With the appropriate planning you will be able to get advance fastpasses and don’t need to worry about dealing with the rope drop chaos. And if you aren’t visiting SWGE that day, you may be able to get away from more of those crowds. At Disneyland, you will still need to get in the park to book FPs via Maxpass, and the available time slots will get taken quickly. The interactivity feature also would influence me.

But I think we will need to see how it all goes!

I think people will pay. Look how much they pay for front of the line at universal.

And you can bet there will be special events that will sell precisely this, but at around $500 per person. That being said, this won't be at the exclusion of regular park guests at other times, that would go over like a lead balloon.

why would this go over like a lead balloon.???....currently on the matterhorn refurb thread I have yet to read anyone cancelling their trip because of WOC and Matterhorn refurbs. They are still going to vacation with those limitations. With SWGE not being in any Disneyland visitor heritage ( like the matterhorn and WOC), why should there be expectations that showing up will grant you free access to SWGE.? How many folks not doing their Disneyland vacation research show up in October and find out that there is an additional cost to visit that night....oh wait....they couldn't pay that extra if they even desired to have one more night at Disneyland.....because the demand far exceeded the supply!!!!

I feel like WDW would be better if (IF!) you could get your fast pass plus for both rides at the standard 2,772 days in advance (or whatever it is). I can envision being at DL and if anything goes wrong getting a maxpass day of ending up waiting in two 4+ hour standbys for the rides which would eat most of a day. That said there’s no way to know how all of this will shake out at either park.

2,772 days.....I loved that random number.. made my day..and your right there is no way to know.....but if we don't chat about the weather, then site revenues here go down.....heard it was hot At
Disneyland..........

I think crowds may be overall better at WDW as people will still be spread over 4 parks. But I agree that it may be easier to get a FP at Disneyland. I have never used the new FP system at WDW, but I have read a lot about trying to time things just right to get a FP for a popular attraction. I can only imagine what it will be like when SWGE opens. At least at DL you'll have a chance to get one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter