Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Shopping and Merchandise: Savi’s, Droid Depot and More!

Someone posted on Facebook the app info for the Droid making and Lightsaber making including pricing points

Putting in spoilers in case people don't want to know / taking a sip of water and don't want to do a spit take
FB_IMG_1558395724760.jpg
FB_IMG_1558395733905.jpg

FB_IMG_1558395739702.jpg

The Gatherers will now help you select the heart of your lightsaber—the kyber crystal, which is available in red, blue, green or violet. Next, begin assembling your hilt—parts will be provided based on your theme and cloisonné pin. Each box of parts includes:

1 hilt
4 sleeves (pick 2)
2 emitters (pick 1)
2 pommel caps (pick 1)
2 sets of activation plates and switches (pick 1 set)

More details were released as well:

• Additional customization items can be purchased at Dok-Ondar’s Den of Antiquities
  • Age Recommendation: 5+
  • The experience area is limited to the builder and one Guest—at least one person in the party must be age 14 or older
  • Custom lightsabers are nonrefundable and are not eligible for Annual Passholder or other discounts
  • The Savi’s Workshop – Handbuilt Lightsabers experience is subject to availability and reservations may be required
  • If reservations are required, late arrivals may not be accommodated

From BlogMickey

Parts Station

Select from a colorful variety of components to customize your droid as they roll by on the shop’s conveyor belt:

BB-Series
  • Dome
  • Dome Connection Plate
  • Body Sphere
  • Motivator
R-Series
  • Dome
  • Body
  • Center Leg
  • Set of Side-Legs
Build Station
Here you’ll follow simple “placemat” instructions or graphic monitor displays to assemble your droid in the proper sequence. Once complete, your droid will be paired with a remote control and activated as you watch it come to life!

Pricing

• $99.99 per astromech droid unit, plus tax
  • Carry box and instructions included
  • Various personality-affiliation chips and other accessories are available for an additional charge
  • Age Recommendation: 3+
  • The experience area is limited to the builder and one Guest—at least one person in the party must be age 14 or older
  • Custom astromech droid units are nonrefundable and are not eligible for Annual Passholder or other discounts
  • The Droid Depot experience is subject to availability and reservations may be required
  • If reservations are required, late arrivals may not be accommodated

I dunno, I feel they've missed the mark.

Their two premiere merchandising experiences, $100 and $200.

I just don't think I make enough money for Disney anymore. Sigh.

Maybe I should stick with my Harry Potter wand from Universal.

Well considering a banshee is $60ish. I’m not surprised these are more. I thought the sabers would be even higher. These things will be on great demand. I have no need for a saber (or a droid really) but I probably will still get a droid.

Well considering a banshee is $60ish. I’m not surprised these are more. I thought the sabers would be even higher. These things will be on great demand. I have no need for a saber (or a droid really) but I probably will still get a droid.

Yeah - I am sure the sabers are high quality but feel like they largely will just sit on a shelf. The droids at least interact with the Land and each other and other. Wish the personality chips were included though

Interactive wands are $50+... and they’re just a carved stick with a plastic bit stuck in the end.

I think they are probably spot on with those price points. It’s just an expensive experience.

Well at least I know how much to bring for a droid! Provided we can even get into the park Aug 29 or 30th :)

The experience area is limited to the builder and one Guest—at least one person in the party must be age 14 or older

Does this part bother anyone else? I understand needing to keep the space from getting too crowded, but it would be nice to keep parents with their child/children for the experience. I hope this rule changes after the area has been open for a bit.

Does this part bother anyone else? I understand needing to keep the space from getting too crowded, but it would be nice to keep parents with their child/children for the experience. I hope this rule changes after the area has been open for a bit.
Builder and one guest so a parent can go with their child.

Yep, bothers me. I’ve 2 kids and we’re a low income family so our kids need to share a lot. We probably won’t be buying a droid anyway but it would doubly exclude us having to choose a kid.

I feel like the price of the sabres are kind of on par with similar toys. The Black series ones are maybe $140(?) so add money for the experience, add the WDW mark ups and you kind of land at around $200. Custom order ones from makers would (of course) be much more than that.

Builder and one guest so a parent can go with their child.

Yes, but my child has two parents who would both like to see him build a droid. I really don’t want to have to choose which parent has to stand outside as the excluded party. I don’t think it’s asking too much to keep families together.

Yes, but my child has two parents who would both like to see him build a droid. I really don’t want to have to choose which parent has to stand outside as the excluded party. I don’t think it’s asking too much to keep families together.
Obviously the issues are space and efficiency. Once the novelty of it dies down if it ever does, they might allow more people in with the builder

Obviously the issues are space and efficiency. Once the novelty of it dies down if it ever does, they might allow more people in with the builder

I really hope so. We were all ready to drop some money on this and the light saber, but now we are rethinking that since we don’t want to be separated.

$200 bucks in above what I term acceptable for a lightsaber. That's a lot of money. That's money I can put towards an annual pass so I can experience the land more. The droid price seems more reasonable. But I think there will be many fan willing to pay for that.

Than again I have no children. So the only one I have to please is me.

Now I purchased a interactive wand at Harry Potter but I also received a annual passholder discount

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter