Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Shopping and Merchandise

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Info & Planning' started by rteetz, Jan 7, 2019.

1. yulilin3

yulilin3 Disney Freak Moderator

Better quality video from yesterdays life stream. Droid factory is at min 11:45

rteetz likes this.
  2. fatmanatee

fatmanatee Mouseketeer

Yep I'm in for a lightsaber.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. eliseisawkward

eliseisawkward Mouseketeer

The light saber experience will include the blade, “legacy” hilts like Luke/Vader/etc will be sold separately from their blades.

Oh also the Holocrons are really cool!!! You add kyber crystals and they speak words of wisdom to you. They also light up differently depending on the color crystals in them.

Scoobie, rteetz and yulilin3 like this.
  5. rteetz

rteetz Rumors and News Moderator Moderator

Yeah the legacy savers will be at Dok Ondars. The custom ones are at Savi’s.

eliseisawkward likes this.
  6. Scoobie

Scoobie Mouseketeer

Have you seen prices on the holocrons? Those will be a definite purchase, along with at least 2 light sabers. Does anyone know if the area will accept Disney GC? I would think so, but I need to confirm. I like to find them for a discount then stock up - way up for this trip!

7. rteetz

rteetz Rumors and News Moderator Moderator

No prices have been announced yet.

Scoobie and eliseisawkward like this.
  8. eliseisawkward

They refused to talk prices at all. So no idea. One guy said of the lightsaber build experience “expect a few zeros, maybe a comma” which terrifies me...

Scoobie and rteetz like this.
  9. OhioStateBuckeye

OhioStateBuckeye DIS Veteran

A comma?! How many people could/would actually pay that?!

I might be in the wrong tax bracket for Galaxy's Edge.

10. eliseisawkward

Considering you can have really high quality custom sabers already for a few hundred, I cannot imagine these will be an order of magnitude higher. I do not think there will be a comma, and if there is they will not sell.

Scoobie, Runnsally and Mome Rath like this.
  11. Runnsally

Runnsally DIS Veteran

He had to mean coma. As in, “the wait will be so long you might as well be in a...”

sponica, eliseisawkward and rteetz like this.
  12. cadien

cadien DIS Veteran

I overheard cosplayers at Celebration talking about paying just over $1,000 for their sabers, especially the ones in the serious leagues, so it could happen. The $200 ones at the Hasbro booth were going like hotcakes.

rteetz likes this.
  13. Runnsally

Runnsally DIS Veteran

There may be a few high end ones for that price, but the typical build-your-own will be in the $100-150 range I bet.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019 at 1:59 PM
  14. eliseisawkward

I’ve played around on UltraSabers and it’s hard to get the cost over $1,000. Even with bells and whistles it ends up around $700.

I just can’t imagine people on Disney vacations shelling out $1,000 for a lightsaber... I’m guessing they’ll be about half that and settle in between $400-600. I hope I’m over estimating.

15. Scoobie

Scoobie Mouseketeer

Geez, even at $500 most families will be priced out. If that's an option, then fine, but I'm hoping for options in the $150-$200 range, or else I'm in WAY more trouble than I thought! Good thing I'm not going until Dec. I'll have time to research and live vicariously through others before I get there. And know how much more monies I need to save.......