Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Shopping and Merchandise: Savi’s, Droid Depot and More!

re: Photos-from-star-wars-celebration-show-more-merchandise-coming-to-galaxys-edge

Uh oh... I know what my son will want for Christmas and my credit card is already screaming at the sight of the Millennium Falcon Mug (and Chewy). If they follow the model of Trader Sam's then we won't be allowed to buy it without a drink... wondering who will drink it for me as chances are it won't be me (allergic to too many concoctions).

giphy.gif
I just dump anything I can't drink!

Does anyone know if they will be selling holocrons? I could've sworn I saw them early on, but not for awhile. My oldest DS is holocron and lightsaber crazy, my younger DS is uber light saber crazy. How much are finished light sabers going to be? I'm not making it out of that place for under $1000 (GE), I just know it...

Does anyone know if they will be selling holocrons? I could've sworn I saw them early on, but not for awhile. My oldest DS is holocron and lightsaber crazy, my younger DS is uber light saber crazy. How much are finished light sabers going to be? I'm not making it out of that place for under $1000 (GE), I just know it...
Yes they will. Prices have not been revealed
20190415_070044.jpg

My son wants a droid, I guess I'd better start saving! Hopefully we get an idea of prices before our trip, I assume we will since Disneyland opens before we go. So I can hide that money on the trip since it opens near the end of the trip. That assumes we'll even be able to get in of course :) Some very cool looking items. Thanks for the pictures

I feel like Disney is going to make bake the $4bn they spend on Lucasfilm just on this merchandise

My daughter really wants a droid - so she will be saving up .... guess one good thing about the fact we wont' be going for a while, more time to save up our Galactic Credits

BTW - some of the clothes looks like costumes, are they going to sell those but then not let people wear them in the land?

Early chatter was that lightsabers will start at about 110 and add 50 for the blade, who knows how much for customization.

Is anyone else worried that the merch will have to be severely dumbed down after a year or so?

I think everything looks great, however, most of it also looks very expensive and geared towards the more serious Star wars fan.

I guess they'll still have all the generic Star wars stuff over at star tours.

I'm just worried that a lot of this stuff won't sell that well after a period of time. Though only time will tell.

I've decided I think the mouse will just need my checking account routing number once I'm there next year.

Is anyone else worried that the merch will have to be severely dumbed down after a year or so?

I think everything looks great, however, most of it also looks very expensive and geared towards the more serious Star wars fan.

I'm just worried that a lot of this stuff won't sell that well after a period of time. Though only time will tell.
Sort of what happened with the pandora store

My opinion: I think most of it looks like cheap made in China plastic stuff that will end up in the garbage within 2 years from purchase.
I hope I'm wrong, but knowing how Disney loves their garbage products, I'll be happily surprised if I find out they're decent quality.

As it is, those droids look like they'll need a good paint job at home (my daughter is used to making props and knows how to make anything look great with some paint)

Sort of what happened with the pandora store
Obviously not everything will sell well in SWGE but I think compared to Pandora people have that nostalgia and fandom built up in a different way that they will want to buy items "from" the Star Wars universe.

My opinion: I think most of it looks like cheap made in China plastic stuff that will end up in the garbage within 2 years from purchase.
I hope I'm wrong, but knowing how Disney loves their garbage products, I'll be happily surprised if I find out they're decent quality.

As it is, those droids look like they'll need a good paint job at home (my daughter is used to making props and knows how to make anything look great with some paint)
I disagree with that. I only got to see the Creatures and Toydarian items in person but they looked awesome in person especially the creatures. Definitely not plastic crap.

Obviously not everything will sell well in SWGE but I think compared to Pandora people have that nostalgia and fandom built up in a different way that they will want to buy items "from" the Star Wars universe.
agree with that. The Pandora products while unique and beautiful did not have the same emotional connection as SW products.From what I've seen, it looks like there is a balance of price points, the clothes line though is still looking to be on the upper tier, other than a couple of tshirts everything else looks like it could be on the pricier side

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!