Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Shopping and Merchandise: Savi’s, Droid Depot and More!

My son just told me he wants to build a lightsaber ☹️ We’re flying though. If they’re not retractable they won’t fit in a suitcase. Will they work as carry on?
If not, they will probably ship it home for you. Disney is great about shipping - and if you decide to hold onto it during the trip, just save the receipt and packaging and you can take it to the resort package pickup and they will ship it for you at the end of your trip (assuming you are staying onsite). I've shipped loads of stuff from Disney!

The tauntaun shall be mine!!

ME TOO! ME TOO! Actually I want The Tauntaun, the lightsaber, Lots of rebellion and resistance clothes and a Droid. Maybe One will be able to clean my house.

But yes the Tauntaun to top of my list. It will probably freak my cats out. They are not down with the BB-8 bank

Well my daughter told me to schedule a 3rd day at HS for our 2021 trip and now I know what I will be doing shopping. The 10 year old girl has already watched some of these videos and told me that we will need 3 droids, 3 lightsabers, some of the stuffed toys and she is eyeing some of the clothes.

My son is excited for a droid. I hope they don't cost too much! At least Disneyland opens first so we'll be able to see more and hopefully get an idea of cost before hand.

Details on thee Lightsaber building experience
https://www.ocregister.com/2019/03/...coming-to-disneylands-star-wars-galaxys-edge/
interesting part: “It has some great moments of magic,” Beatty said. “The finale is super, super cool. In the reveal at the end you’ll be visited by an old friend as part of the experience.”
Yoda? Obi Wan? Jar Jar? :)
Also: The reinforced plastic blades on the lightsabers can be detached from the handle-like hilts and stored while visitors ride on attractions in the theme park. The hilts can be attached to waistband belt clips that will be sold in Galaxy’s Edge.

While I was attempting to make a TP I saw that they have an option on there with a FP for Savi's Lightsabers? Just wondering if this is confirmed or not.

While I was attempting to make a TP I saw that they have an option on there with a FP for Savi's Lightsabers? Just wondering if this is confirmed or not.
As far as I know you must sign up for the experience but no FP. They will basically take 14 people every 20 min

I just actually noticed this artist rendering. I wonder if we will be able to buy Stinky, I wonder if he'll burp and I wonder if Jabba would be ok with us buying him :D
Creature-Stall-Galaxys-Edge.png

It took me forever to remember which novel actually had a pet store and what it was called. Exoticalia Pet Emporium.

I have a query about the lightsaber experience. Do you think they will let you do one and then get the blade later. Or do you have to do it at one time. That's my query.

I might have to do my lightsaber in stages due to budgetary restraints

I have a query about the lightsaber experience. Do you think they will let you do one and then get the blade later. Or do you have to do it at one time. That's my query.

We don't know for sure but I would think it has to be bought all together

I would guess altogether and they wouldn't let you just buy pieces later since it is a reserved experience.

One question many do have though is how you are going to carry it around the parks. If they blade is not retractable they will have to store them while on attractions or possibly do front of the park pick up or something like that.

I would guess altogether and they wouldn't let you just buy pieces later since it is a reserved experience.

One question many do have though is how you are going to carry it around the parks. If they blade is not retractable they will have to store them while on attractions or possibly do front of the park pick up or something like that.
I think that was answered in this article https://www.ocregister.com/2019/03/...coming-to-disneylands-star-wars-galaxys-edge/
The reinforced plastic blades on the lightsabers can be detached from the handle-like hilts and stored while visitors ride on attractions in the theme park. The hilts can be attached to waistband belt clips that will be sold in Galaxy’s Edge.
The question will be if the store can store them for free or you would have to pay for a locker

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts