Star Wars- Galaxy's Edge Opening Dates Announced

Teamubr

From somewhere outside StL
I figured I'd post this here since many of us don't venture off the Camping forum.

http://www.cnn.com/travel/article/disney-star-wars-galaxys-edge-preview/index.html

August 29th is the day all changes at HS.

May 31st at DL.

The August date is much sooner than many were anticipating. I have plans to join my friends at the Fort for a few days in early September. I really thought I would be there before the massive rush started.

j

Chris,

If we come down in September, it would be a quick fly in for a few days and fly home. Donna said we may not even get park tickets. I figured I would get a 2 or 3 day ticket just to see HEA again and wander through AK and Epcot.

j

Really glad that we already have our Thanksgiving (and next Spring Break) reservations already booked! May skip HS at Thanksgiving and avoid the masses.

My DH said that HS may just become his favorite park. All I heard was that going to Disney is his favorite, lol, which means more trips. He told me we weren't buying an RV just to go to Disney all the time. I secretly laughed at that, knowing that's one of my reasons for buying one!

Thought for sure as soon as the date was announced the campground would be full and rates would go up. Surprisingly not so. For Florida Residents September and beginning of October are readily available and reasonable rates. Go figure! Where's the big Star Wars crowd??????

I was almost ready to pull the trigger on my first-ever no parks trip in the Fall. The Fort really booked up right after the announcement.

CheeryFriendlyBeaver-small.gif

Where else but Disney? I'm a member on facebook of the disboards on facebook too, reading the comments on the theme park board here, and post on facebook disboards, what other theme park in the country would people complain, complain, and complain for a major attraction opening early?

Can't say I'm surprised.I did hear APs stayed the same. That did surprise me. I guess they figure the additional drawn in for SWGE aren't your AP type of customer.

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter