Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge News - Updated 2/28/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think of Pandora and double it. In a park half the size with smaller walkways and nowhere to spread out. Sardines in a can uncomfortable...
to a certain extent i agree but i do think having DL open theirs up first will really help

how large will the hotel be? I heard 2 stories. but how many rooms do you think the hotel would have? Will it be like POFQ size, with various clusters of buildings? Or do you think it will be just one building, more like a Motel, for lack of a better description. Just curious, I know my 8 yr old will be begging to do the hotel stay, but if its as small as I picture, I fear it will be booked out years in advance!

how large will the hotel be? I heard 2 stories. but how many rooms do you think the hotel would have? Will it be like POFQ size, with various clusters of buildings? Or do you think it will be just one building, more like a Motel, for lack of a better description. Just curious, I know my 8 yr old will be begging to do the hotel stay, but if its as small as I picture, I fear it will be booked out years in advance!
Yes two stories. Likely pretty small. It’s just one building.

This won't necessarily be a walk way like WDWNT believes it is.

I think just about everything about this clickbait is wrong. Why would guests enter from the DHS parking lot? Isn't there supposed to be an entrance from Osceola?

I think just about everything about this clickbait is wrong. Why would guests enter from the DHS parking lot? Isn't there supposed to be an entrance from Osceola?
It’s believed the parking for this resort will be valet. The permit shows the road entrances to the resort.

New point to ponder: Where do you predict DHS will land on the list that ranks the parks based on attendance in 2020? I don't recall where it sits currently, but I believe it was last among the WDW parks in 2017. Could SW:GE push it to #2 among the 4 WDW parks? Can it even handle that many people?

New point to ponder: Where do you predict DHS will land on the list that ranks the parks based on attendance in 2020? I don't recall where it sits currently, but I believe it was last among the WDW parks in 2017. Could SW:GE push it to #2 among the 4 WDW parks? Can it even handle that many people?
Among WDW parks? Maybe? But I do think it won't be able to handle the crowds. Neither will DL, although for different reasons. DHS just doesn't have enough other attractions (even after TSL and SWL). DL just is too busy before SWL opens and things are congested and hard to get around before SWL ever opens.

It’s very possible it could be #2. It’s also very possible DL could jump MK.

WDWNT posting something inaccurate??? O M G!!!

According to where he has the permitted spot, it's not even close to the main roadway entrance to DHS parking. It's south of it along another access road....and it shows even more parking between that access road and the main roadway in. "Only valet?"

That site.....

It’s very possible it could be #2. It’s also very possible DL could jump MK.

well in 2017 you had:

#1: Magic Kingdom - 20.45m - up from 20.395m in 2016 (+0.27%)
#2: Disneyland - 18.3m - up from 17.943m in 2016 (+2%)
#6: Animal Kingdom - 12.5m - up from 10.844m in 2016 (+15.3%)
#7: EPCOT - 12.2m - up from 11.712m in 2016 (+4.2%)
#9: DHS - 10.722m - down from 10.776m in 2016 (-.05%)

So you figure in 2018 it seems like attendance at EPCOT is down and, at least for 2nd half of the year will be up in DHS (maybe not as much of a bump as Pandora did for AK, but some). So maybe half the effect. AK will still be up a bit more as Pandora wasn't open for all of 2017. MK my guess might be down a smidge this year and then Disneyland should be up a bit just with the new PIXAR stuff and rivers of America opening up there is some new stuff

So 2018 might looks something like:
#1: Magic Kingdom - 20.35m (-0.5%)
#2: Disneyland - 18.4m (+0.5%)
#6: Animal Kingdom: 13.0m (+4%)
#8: DHS: 11.85m (+10%)
#9: EPCOT: 11.6 (-5%)

Then in 2019, Dinseyland will get a big bump for Star Wars: Galaxy's edge - for 1/2 the year, but probably at least the impact of Pandora (at least by # of people if not %). Magic Kingdom will likely be flat or slightly down again as nothing new in 2019. Animal Kingdom will probably plateau, DHS will get some bump for Galaxy's Edge but only a few months but then full year of Toy Story Land, and EPCOT likely slightly down again

So 2019 could be:
#1: Magic Kingdom - 20.25m (-0.5%)
#2: Disneyland - 20.24m (+10%)
#6: Animal Kingdom: 13.0m (+0%)
#8: DHS: 12.85m (+8.4%)
#9: EPCOT: 11.0 (-5%)

So I see Disneyland at just about the same as MK as given the limited size and how crowded it is already, I have trouble seeing more than 10% more (knowing that is only half the year)

well in 2017 you had:

So you figure in 2018 it seems like attendance at EPCOT is down and, at least for 2nd half of the year will be up in DHS (maybe not as much of a bump as Pandora did for AK, but some). So maybe half the effect. AK will still be up a bit more as Pandora wasn't open for all of 2017. MK my guess might be down a smidge this year and then Disneyland should be up a bit just with the new PIXAR stuff and rivers of America opening up there is some new stuff

Then in 2019, Dinseyland will get a big bump for Star Wars: Galaxy's edge - for 1/2 the year, but probably at least the impact of Pandora (at least by # of people if not %). Magic Kingdom will likely be flat or slightly down again as nothing new in 2019. Animal Kingdom will probably plateau, DHS will get some bump for Galaxy's Edge but only a few months but then full year of Toy Story Land, and EPCOT likely slightly down again

So 2019 could be:

So I see Disneyland at just about the same as MK as given the limited size and how crowded it is already, I have trouble seeing more than 10% more (knowing that is only half the year)

It's hard to guess exact figures since we don't have opening dates, but I'd expect more than a Pandora sized boost to Disneyland. And I can't imagine Magic Kingdom doesn't also increase with Star Wars opening. I see a lot of people going for Star Wars, but doing everything while they are there. Galaxy's Edge only has 2 rides so it's not exactly the only thing you'd want out of a trip. Granted that boost might only be for December so possibly minimal with Disneyland still coming out on top. These are probably pretty good ballpark estimates though.

well in 2017 you had:

So 2019 could be:

Yeah, that's why I figure 2020 will be THE year that shakes everything up (if it's going to happen at all). The first full year that SW:GE is, as Palpatine would say, "fully armed and operational". It'll be interesting to watch, that's for sure!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter