Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge News - Updated 2/28/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm very happy to read that. Perhaps it will help temper the price just a bit for SWGE. Maybe it'll be $450 instead of $500. ;)

$500 is purely speculation. Nobody really knows the price or if they will even do a special event. But its fun guessing. I personally dont think it will be $500, maybe $349 but who knows, could be $750.

$500 is purely speculation. Nobody really knows the price or if they will even do a special event. But its fun guessing. I personally dont think it will be $500, maybe $349 but who knows, could be $750.

Yes, as I've noted before, we're all just guessing. The $500 figure is made up, but it could be close to what Disney decides to charge for a special event IF they even decide to have one.

Was just going to post something similar. Not to be rude but yeah the $500 will be for obsessives and loaded families. I mentioned earlier that I could see myself doing this because the extra price is worth not having to deal with the insanity but I would absolutely not do it if I was married with kids, it's insane. At that point we'd be waiting for the crowds to chill a bit.

Count my husband and I in with the obsessives! :darth: We're a family of 4 but will be going to SWGE the first time without the kids for a quick trip. Maybe I'm a sucker, but I don't think $500 for a special ticket event is insane if the crowd levels will be like Early Morning Magics are, especially if a meal is included. It'd be worth it to us to not have to arrive at 2am and wait hours shoulder to shoulder. My (purely speculative) guess is that it would be more like $250/ticket if they do them a couple times a week like EMM. Now a preview I could see being more than $500, but we're not AP or DVC so that doesn't matter to us.

Was just going to post something similar. Not to be rude but yeah the $500 will be for obsessives and loaded families. I mentioned earlier that I could see myself doing this because the extra price is worth not having to deal with the insanity but I would absolutely not do it if I was married with kids, it's insane. At that point we'd be waiting for the crowds to chill a bit.

pretty sure "Obsessives and loaded families" is exactly who Disney is now marketing too

The way things are now there really isnt an off or slow season anymore, that place is always packed. Its packed so much to the point that its hard for anyone to fully enjoy it because the wait times are so high and there just so many people, bathrooms always full, lines at every counter. Disney has made it very clear that their goin to use pricing(money) as their way to reduce crowds and keep profits up. The thing is, they keep raising prices but more n more people come. And with SWGE rite around the corner u can bet were in for some substantial price increases in the near future. They raised prices twice last year.

Count my husband and I in with the obsessives! :darth: We're a family of 4 but will be going to SWGE the first time without the kids for a quick trip. Maybe I'm a sucker, but I don't think $500 for a special ticket event is insane if the crowd levels will be like Early Morning Magics are, especially if a meal is included. It'd be worth it to us to not have to arrive at 2am and wait hours shoulder to shoulder. My (purely speculative) guess is that it would be more like $250/ticket if they do them a couple times a week like EMM. Now a preview I could see being more than $500, but we're not AP or DVC so that doesn't matter to us.
I agree with this pricing and think it will be more in line with this. Toy Story EMM is only $80. SWGE could be more, but 5 times as much? Seems excessive.

For people tempted to freak out about the $500 suggestion, remember we're only suggesting a possible ticket price for a special event. I don't think anyone would expect a price hike like that for regular park tickets (ahem, hopefully we're a few years away from prices like that anyway). So a family of five should still be able to attempt to get into GE for normal prices, but they'll have to contend with the masses in that case.
Yes, I agree. I'm going to just go for GE and hope I can get in, if not, there will be another time. I'm not planning on kicking the bucket anytime soon, so I'll have other opportunities.

I would never ever in a million years pay even 250 per ticket for a preview for my family of 4. I mean where I am in my life at this point there is a million other things we could do with that money. I mean if money was no object, ya, but I’ll just deal with people. Try for my fast passes and call it a day. I envy u guys who could swing it. I am really really excited about all this though.
Absolutely! I'm excited too and I'm going to take my chances. There's so many other things to do and enjoy. I guess, like you, if I had more money than I knew what to do with, I'd pay whatever they wanted to get in without the crowds. But...alas...I'm just living from paycheck to paycheck.

Wait till the Star Wars Hotel opens, talk about pricing! I guess it will be like going to the moon. Would like to go, but only those with considerable incomes will ever get to enjoy it.

Wait till the Star Wars Hotel opens, talk about pricing! I guess it will be like going to the moon. Would like to go, but only those with considerable incomes will ever get to enjoy it.

You can bet on that. GE hotel isnt going to have very many rooms. Its definitely going to be an exclusive hotel at a very high price.

You can bet on that. GE hotel isnt going to have very many rooms. Its definitely going to be an exclusive hotel at a very high price.

I know it won't be this high, but I'm going to guess they could charge around 10K a night and it would be fully booked quickly. There are tons of people out there with the disposable income to do a two night stay at that price and they would love the exclusivity of it.

I know it won't be this high, but I'm going to guess they could charge around 10K a night and it would be fully booked quickly. There are tons of people out there with the disposable income to do a two night stay at that price and they would love the exclusivity of it.

especially at first - and like you said, not that high - I think it will be very high and I also think it will have a bit of a pricing structure like a cruise ship where there is a per person charge. So room with 2 adults is $2500 for the "experience" (that covers the room, the meals, etc.) and a room with 2 adults and two kids is $3,500 or something like that

It will be interesting to see how things are, say 2 years from now. As I am sure there are a ton of die-hards that want to do this ... but do they want to do it 3 times, 10 times, etc.?

It wouldn't surprise me. I could see them charging that for a special vip + room type package. Im curious to see what different packages and prices they actually offer. Im guessing alot of families will b limited to 1-3 night stays because of the high prices. I personally dont stay onsite but i hope i will at least be able to access the hotel just to see how cool and immersive it really is.

It wouldn't surprise me. I could see them charging that for a special vip + room type package. Im curious to see what different packages and prices they actually offer. Im guessing alot of families will b limited to 1-3 night stays because of the high prices. I personally dont stay onsite but i hope i will at least be able to access the hotel just to see how cool and immersive it really is.

The going rumor/understanding is that it will be a set duration - so similar in structure to a cruise. So everyone that is staying there for that "trip" will "board" on the same day and be there for 2 nights (or whatever the duration is) and then all leave on the same day when the experience is over. It won't be like a regular hotel with people checking in and out all the time

especially at first - and like you said, not that high - I think it will be very high and I also think it will have a bit of a pricing structure like a cruise ship where there is a per person charge. So room with 2 adults is $2500 for the "experience" (that covers the room, the meals, etc.) and a room with 2 adults and two kids is $3,500 or something like that

It will be interesting to see how things are, say 2 years from now. As I am sure there are a ton of die-hards that want to do this ... but do they want to do it 3 times, 10 times, etc.?
It will depend if they alter the experience enough to warrant a 2nd, 3rd, etc trip. If like a cruise itinerary they change the "mission", and they are done well enough ...then for many people it will be done multiple times.
Just look at any Comic Con, same people go every year.

It will depend if they alter the experience enough to warrant a 2nd, 3rd, etc trip. If like a cruise itinerary they change the "mission", and they are done well enough ...then for many people it will be done multiple times.
Just look at any Comic Con, same people go every year.

I also wonder if they will start with more of a "standard" experience ... so everything is a 2-night stay with similar missions, etc .... but then in the future add shorter or longer options as well. Or even once that don't require an overnight stay, but just the middle of one day that includes a lunch or something

I also wonder if they will start with more of a "standard" experience ... so everything is a 2-night stay with similar missions, etc .... but then in the future add shorter or longer options as well. Or even once that don't require an overnight stay, but just the middle of one day that includes a lunch or something

Maybe they offer different missions or experience with the type of room u book. Say, this room gets u this type of experience for $1,200 night but this room is bigger and better and you get alot better experience but it cost $5,000 night. And so on

I can't imagine that it will be that mind blowing...but that's just me. Unless it's something like a gaming experience, where you are actually in the game, I don't think it will feel that realistic. IDK, any thoughts on what would make it worth a huge price tag?

Maybe they offer different missions or experience with the type of room u book. Say, this room gets u this type of experience for $1,200 night but this room is bigger and better and you get alot better experience but it cost $5,000 night. And so on
Bet you get "experience points" which unlock future experience options as you accumulate them.... like building a game character... so you can become a major player... in GE also...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter