Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Attractions Planning

Yeah for sure we won't miss a boarding group. But I'm wondering can you try and get a boarding group at 7 am while moving towards SDD, or is the cell service spotty in the park. Otherwise we will hang at that crossroads kiosk where the cell signal is strong and fast.

My personal experience is that it's been spotty in the parks as opposed to the front of the parks. It also seems to vary by carrier, which doesn't help lol.

It wasn't too intense, but those don't bother me, I can see why you might be concerned though.
Have a look at the POV spoiler video,
It might help you decide.

Edit, I just watched the video, the lasers and explosions might be of concern.
Thanks so much. I'll check out You Tube. A friend of mine has trouble with strobe type lighting.

I know there is no FP operating for the galaxys edge rides, but does anyone know if they actually constructed the FP+ kiosks for the future ? Going over the summer and wondering if there any signs that boarding groups are a temporary thing or permanent . I think it’s ridiculous that AP holders get equal access to rides as people spending thousands on a resort stay
AP holders are making a thousand dollar investment just in tickets. Guests that stay for one day at a camping site wi a one day pass should get preferential treatment over AP holders who spent over $1000 for their pass? I respectfully disagree.

I’m just curious if someone out there could give me a good plan for when we visit in March. My group’s #1 priority is definitely scoring both of the two days we visit DHS is to score those RotR boarding group passes!

We’re staying at Port Orleans – Riverside and are visiting both on a Friday and a Sunday where the park opens at 9 AM on both days (the week after the opening of Runaway Railway, if that effects anything) and it will most likely take my group anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour to get ready at the resort in the morning. We will be relying on bus transportation.

I realize that they changed the boarding group process to only require you to be in the park just before opening to have a chance at getting a return group time via the app... but we typically prefer to get to the park early to rope drop an attraction like Slinky or Falcon or even Runaway Railway if that proves to be necessary...

So, I’m just wondering what our wake up time should be set for (my current wake up time is scheduled for 6:30 AM... is that too late? Too early??) and what our approximate timing schedule should be??

I’m just curious if someone out there could give me a good plan for when we visit in March. My group’s #1 priority is definitely scoring both of the two days we visit DHS is to score those RotR boarding group passes!

We’re staying at Port Orleans – Riverside and are visiting both on a Friday and a Sunday where the park opens at 9 AM on both days (the week after the opening of Runaway Railway, if that effects anything) and it will most likely take my group anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour to get ready at the resort in the morning. We will be relying on bus transportation.

I realize that they changed the boarding group process to only require you to be in the park just before opening to have a chance at getting a return group time via the app... but we typically prefer to get to the park early to rope drop an attraction like Slinky or Falcon or even Runaway Railway if that proves to be necessary...

So, I’m just wondering what our wake up time should be set for (my current wake up time is scheduled for 6:30 AM... is that too late? Too early??) and what our approximate timing schedule should be??
I would plan on being at the bus stop no later than an hour and a half before official park opening, whatever time that would be, i have a feeling it won't be 9

Are there health warnings for smuggler's run? I read rise of the resistance has a high blood pressure warning. Wondering for my 72 year old mother who has high blood pressure - will she be able to ride? She probably won't want to do rise anyway because of the drop but wondering about smuggler's? If she wants to wait in line with us is there a chicken exit? Thanks!

Are there health warnings for smuggler's run? I read rise of the resistance has a high blood pressure warning. Wondering for my 72 year old mother who has high blood pressure - will she be able to ride? She probably won't want to do rise anyway because of the drop but wondering about smuggler's? If she wants to wait in line with us is there a chicken exit? Thanks!
There is a chicken exit in all attractions

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200123-173830_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200123-173830_Chrome.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 19
I have never enjoyed Star Tours, although my older kids do. I did like FOP however. How jerky is the a Millennium Falcon ride and how does it compare to STs in this way? I am going with my youngest and don’t want to be a party pooper but do want to be prepared. I see many have health warnings etc. That does bother me a bit. We don’t do roller coasters.

My kids and I don’t get sick at all, but my husband isn’t a fan of “spinny” rides like the teacups. He can ride ST and FOP no problem. But MF almost made him throw up. He literally had to run off the ride and lay down in the hall after to center himself. It didn’t bother the rest of us at all🤷🏼‍♀️

My kids and I don’t get sick at all, but my husband isn’t a fan of “spinny” rides like the teacups. He can ride ST and FOP no problem. But MF almost made him throw up. He literally had to run off the ride and lay down in the hall after to center himself. It didn’t bother the rest of us at all🤷🏼‍♀️

I get a bit of motion sickness sometimes myself, and he might be able to get by with otc pills like dramamine, but I get a prescription for my doctor for scopolamine patches which work really well. Just something to think about.

I am going in about two weeks. I have limited time and only will be there for two days. Each day I will be visiting two parks. One day is scheduled for DHS and then Epcot later. I am traveling alone and I plan to be there at DHS for rope drop first thing. What are my chances I will be able to snag a boarding group, and then get in to standby for Smugglers and ride that while I am waiting for boarding group? The good thing is they just extended the park hours by an hour so that gives me more time in DHS before I have to move on to Epcot that day. Also, if I snag a later bg am I correct in assuming I can leave the park, head over to Epcot and return once my bg has been called?

I am going in about two weeks. I have limited time and only will be there for two days. Each day I will be visiting two parks. One day is scheduled for DHS and then Epcot later. I am traveling alone and I plan to be there at DHS for rope drop first thing. What are my chances I will be able to snag a boarding group, and then get in to standby for Smugglers and ride that while I am waiting for boarding group? The good thing is they just extended the park hours by an hour so that gives me more time in DHS before I have to move on to Epcot that day. Also, if I snag a later bg am I correct in assuming I can leave the park, head over to Epcot and return once my bg has been called?
You can rope drop mfsr, you are able to leave and come back, you have 2 hours after your bg is called to do so. Page one of the bg thread has a faq section

How long before they start FastPass + for RoR? Going November 2020... kinda hoping they still have the boarding pass system because I figure that will be easier to get than a FastPass

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter