Star Wars Galaxies Edge-Thoughts

It’s a horrible horrible horrible fit in DL just as it would have been in MK. Makes zero sense thematically to be there. But if that’s all the space you have, then that’s all you have.

It’s too bad Disney can’t acquire the land the Candy Cane Inn and Desert Palms is on.

Correct me if I’m wrong but Star Tours is NOT just original trilogy
You are, of course, correct.
That’s what I’d like to see though, no new trilogy stuff in TL, just keep that in Galaxy’s Edge.
I guess the other thing is if they put SW:GE in DCA, would that have meant 2 really really crowded parks instead of allowing an “escape” over to DCA in the afternoon when DL became packed and DCA is just busy? Might not be in Disney’s best interest to fill up both parks now, might lead to less parkhoppers been sold.
Future expansion may make that a moot point.
All the best.

This article will answer a lot of your questions about Star Tours and why it will remain in Tomorrowland. The person who suggested that Galaxy's Edge is focused on the new generation of Star Wars is correct. Tomorrowland will continue to house classic characters while Galaxy's Edge will be focused on the new generation and future characters. You will not see classic characters at SWGE. It was intentionally designed that way.

I do worry about the crowds but that's just the reality of visiting any of the parks these days. Getting there early and using max pass has made our last few trips bearable. Every time I question Disney's decision to change, remove or revamp something, it always ends up being better than it was before. I imagine SWGE won't be anything less than amazing. We have our passes to check out SWGE on June 11 and I may be crazy but I think I am more excited than my 3 boys are!

Not sure what this has to do with anything. People are certainly entitled to visit the park for any reason they choose. It’s ALWAYS someone’s first visit, and no one should be made to feel like they’re less than another guest because something new drew them in. Gatekeeping is not fun.

I think you mistook what I was trying to say.... this isn’t what I meant at all. From a crowd perspective SWGE is going to draw in many people who would have never had ANY interest in visiting a Disney park ever. Of course everyone is welcome I am simply stating my concerns on crowd levels and how congested the park may feel.

:rolleyes1
I’ll sheepishly raise my hand as one of those new people :o We’ve been a Universal/Legoland family until now, with Disney on our “someday” calendar. The cost and perceived difficulty of planning a Disney vacation is what kept us away (I didn’t know DLR was different from WDW in that respect). But with SWGE opening, I KNEW my husband and son would love it, so we moved it up on our trip calendar. The more I’ve planned and researched, the more and more excited I am! I am still a little baffled by MaxPass, but I’m sure it won’t be as confusing as I think. Tickets are purchased and the hotel is booked.

We’re normal tourists, I promise! We don’t cut lines and smell nice and everything! (Well, we smell less nice at the end of the day than the start, but you know...)

Yay! You are going to have an amazing time and MaxPass sounds more confusing than it really is!

This article will answer a lot of your questions about Star Tours and why it will remain in Tomorrowland. The person who suggested that Galaxy's Edge is focused on the new generation of Star Wars is correct. Tomorrowland will continue to house classic characters while Galaxy's Edge will be focused on the new generation and future characters. You will not see classic characters at SWGE. It was intentionally designed that way.

I do worry about the crowds but that's just the reality of visiting any of the parks these days. Getting there early and using max pass has made our last few trips bearable. Every time I question Disney's decision to change, remove or revamp something, it always ends up being better than it was before. I imagine SWGE won't be anything less than amazing. We have our passes to check out SWGE on June 11 and I may be crazy but I think I am more excited than my 3 boys are!

Thanks for the info! That makes sense. We always utilize rope drop and MP and always have a great time. All the unknowns stress me out though! It’s nice to hear what others have to say about the changes.

I think the placement is odd as well.
But we would have liked to have seen SWGE in TL and the area now used for SWGE instead used to finally build Western River Expidition. We would love to see more Frontier/Adventrue land type area in the park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!