Star Wars: Galactic Starship (resort experience) News

Status
Not open for further replies.
The site that cannot be named is quoting pricing for the Star Wars Resort as starting at $3300 for single occupancy, 2 nights & 3 days. A cabin with 5 persons would cost $7200!

The site that cannot be named is quoting pricing for the Star Wars Resort as starting at $3300 for single occupancy, 2 nights & 3 days. A cabin with 5 persons would cost $7200!
Well, $7200 is for the full party for the entire 2 night&3 day stay. But still very expensive.

You have to figure that the pricing will be similar to that of a cruise. After all, you are talking about an all-inclusive adventure. Or is it all inclusive? Would park tickets and DDP be included? I would think it would have to be for the kind of experiences we are being led to anticipate.

You have to figure that the pricing will be similar to that of a cruise. After all, you are talking about an all-inclusive adventure. Or is it all inclusive? Would park tickets and DDP be included? I would think it would have to be for the kind of experiences we are being led to anticipate.
Yeah, if it is all-inclusive then it is very reasonable actually.

I think it depends on how mind-blowing the experience is. For that many Republic credits I wouldn’t even sleep. I’d just run around “the spaceship” all night. Can the heavy-duty Star Wars fans afford this? Who is the target audience?

Last edited:

Yeah, if it is all-inclusive then it is very reasonable actually.

Very reasonable for a 2 night stay? Are you serious? Wow...I wish I had your bank account. That price for a family of 5 is around TWICE the cost of a 3 NIGHT cruise. There is no way that this resort will offer the same experience as a 3 day cruise. Just absolutely no way.

I literally laughed out loud when I saw this rumored pricing. Disney is completely out of touch with reality.

Very reasonable for a 2 night stay? Are you serious? Wow...I wish I had your bank account. That price for a family of 5 is around TWICE the cost of a 3 NIGHT cruise. There is no way that this resort will offer the same experience as a 3 day cruise. Just absolutely no way.

I literally laughed out loud when I saw this rumored pricing. Disney is completely out of touch with reality.

Completely agree! The price is ridiculously exorbitant.

I saw this in the site that cannot be named. What kind of track record does it have? I was thinking it would be pricey, but even in my "pricey" thoughts, I thought it would be like $2,000/night for a family of 4. That pricing is almost double that!

The site says those are current pricing plans. The actual pricing could be higher or lower.

Posters are missing the point. The question isn't what we're willing to pay or what we think is reasonable. The question is what will the limited number of guests be willing to pay.
Look at CL rooms at poly and gf. $1200 to 1500 per night might be doable. Look at the cost for deluxe dining. Figure the equivalent of 3 signature or character meals a day. Maybe 150 per night.. The equivalent of Disney after hours with only a few hundred guest. Another 150 per night.

Hate to say it but the numbers look about right.

It may seem counterintuitive but a fast sell out suggests pricing was too low.

Look at platinum packages for concerts and shows. Disneys target market is a customer willing to pay thousands of dollars for a concert ticket which includes a meet n greet.

I think this too, but there are a heck of a lot of people with a heck of a lot of disposable income. They'll be full every night. This is not for us, (the plebs)

I’m thinking this pricing rumor will be like DVC point pricing rumors. There were rumors that Riviera would start >$200/point.
But then Riviera opened at $188/point + additional incentives .. and it “feels” like a decent deal.

Dining during the stay - very likely included. but only for the 3 day/2 night stay in the hotel.

Park tickets - doubtful because this is meant to be a fully immersive, short term experience where they basically sequester you in the hotel for the whole time period. But I DO expect it would include a couple of hours of exclusive access to SWGE - kinda like DAH or EMM. You "board" the ship, take a trip to Batuu and "dock" there for a short period of time, get an "off-ship" excursion, then go back for your trip "home".

If you want to visit the other parks or the rest of HS, you'll have to book a reservation at one of the regular hotels and buy your tickets separately.

I mean, my bank account can't afford it so I'm not saying I would pay this much. However, the low number of rooms allows them to raise the price. If the demand doesn't meet the supply, then they will lower the price. I'm only saying it is very reasonable if it includes dining, park tickets, and other immersive experiences. Otherwise, not that reasonable.

I mean, my bank account can't afford it so I'm not saying I would pay this much. However, the low number of rooms allows them to raise the price. If the demand doesn't meet the supply, then they will lower the price. I'm only saying it is very reasonable if it includes dining, park tickets, and other immersive experiences. Otherwise, not that reasonable.

So the question would be... what are the other experiences and do they make up the delta. Figure dining is about $150-200 a day per person, $355 per person for a 3 day park hopper, that would be $2775 for the family of 5... leaving $5000 for the fam of 5. Even if the room were a $1000 a night which is pricey for a hotel room even at Disney... thats still $2K work of stuff. Is there another $2k worth of stuff.

I'll also point out... I'm doing the 8 night Disney Cruise in the east caribbean in October. That cost me $8000 for 5 people in 2 cabins.

I'm hoping if they do this absurd price point, that they vary by season and this is Christmas time

I’m thinking this pricing rumor will be like DVC point pricing rumors. There were rumors that Riviera would start >$200/point.
But then Riviera opened at $188/point + additional incentives .. and it “feels” like a decent deal.

As someone who bought in for $10X + incentives... I don't think I can ever see the $188-200 as a decent deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter