Star Wars 'Eve

I have my ticket for a fan event at 6pm and then I am seeing it in IMAX 3D on Friday night and then I am sure I will see it again.

Lol...how are the Star Wars "super fans" any different in their fanatical quirks than the "super fans" of Disney??? :crazy:

Touche. :D

I'm a huge WDW fan, but not sure I'd say I'm a "super fan". I don't have a shrine devoted to WDW, don't "dress up", go travel to conventions, act out Disney movie scenes, etc... Some of the stuff that Star Wars (and super hero fans) do just isn't my cup of tea. But like I said, I enjoy Star Wars and am looking forward to seeing the new movie. I'm just going to wait for the insane rush to die down.

I'm not :( seeing the first day, because DH is away for work and I am graciously waiting for him so we can all go together. But I'm definitely excited to see it soon!

Anyone else going to see The Last Jedi or am I the only Star Wars nerd here lol.

We have tickets for the 7:00 show tomorrow evening (Thursday the 14th) and then again on the weekend. In preparation for tomorrow we have dubbed this to be Star Wars Eve and have taken today and tomorrow off work. Today is popcorn and begin a Star Wars movie marathon. Tomorrow we complete the marathon, invite everyone over for pizza and then hit the theatre.

Can't even begin to think about Christmas until after the movie.

That's normal right?

Anyone else excited?

DH is going to a first showing tomorrow night with his work buddies. We (DH, DS, me) are going Sunday to the first showing.

We have our tickets for Saturday, first chance we have to go.

Looking forward to it, too! :chewy: :darth:

Because my son has to go to school tomorrow morning, I couldn't justify going tonight, since it will end after he goes to bed. So we got tickets for tomorrow night at 7. He and I tried watching some of the movies last weekend, but we didn't get as far as we would have liked. Maybe we'll watch Episode 7 tomorrow before we head to the theater.

I'm the oddball, I guess. We were offered free tickets to tonight's show through DH's work, but aren't going. The theater is just going to be too crowded. I know I'll get stuck next to somebody who's half dead with a cold or flu but who wasn't going to miss this movie even if it means spreading disease to half the city! Plus, it's so long I know I'll end up climbing over people to get to the bathroom. I'll just wait until January when the crowds clear out.

I'm the oddball, I guess. We were offered free tickets to tonight's show through DH's work, but aren't going. The theater is just going to be too crowded. I know I'll get stuck next to somebody who's half dead with a cold or flu but who wasn't going to miss this movie even if it means spreading disease to half the city! Plus, it's so long I know I'll end up climbing over people to get to the bathroom. I'll just wait until January when the crowds clear out.

We'll probably wait until at least after Christmas as well - I'm not a big fan of cramming into a crowded theater. I'd rather wait a couple weeks. But then, I'm interested in seeing the movie, but I'm not a huge fan.

My son started watching all the Star Wars movies last night after he finished his finals. He watched the first 3 (PM through RotS). He was starting Rogue One when I left for work. HE has tickets tonight (no one else in the family could go with him). The family has tickets for Sunday afternoon

I can't wait to go and see it but have to because of some other commitments. Probably see it next week sometime.

I also agree about reviews. I read them but never, ever has a review persuaded me to see or not see a movie. If I see the trailer and it looks interesting to me I will see it. Enjoying or not enjoying a movie is such a personal thing I can't base my decision to see it on someone else's opinion.

MJ

I have 2:00 pm tickets for Friday at a less popular theater and somehow I'm going on a date to see it again on Saturday...not sure how that even happened, but he bought the tickets, so I guess I'm going.

I'll see it eventually, but no particular rush. I grew up right in the wheelhouse of when the original movies were released. So I enjoy them, but I would definitely be classified as a very casual fan. Don't have any memorabilia, shirts, etc...at all, but I did enjoy the movies. However, honestly, I'm a bit hesitant about when Star Wars Land is set to open. I'd be super excited to see it, but not sure I want to be mixed in with the "super fans"...they scare me a bit. It's just a movie. But that's just my own opinion, I feel the same way about comic books and superheroes...though I have zero interest in those.

SW Superfans are at least super gracious about crowds. Years of Dragoncon and Comicon give them awesome queueing habits. Far better than dads with battering rams, I mean, double strollers, in Old Fantasyland:)

My son and his friends are at the movie theatre as I write this.

But I can wait...I’ll see it after the rush dies down.

Okay, just got back. That movie was something else, I'll give it that. No spoilers, but it is one heck of a ride, but like Space Mountain at Magic Kingdom, a bit on the rough side. Seeing it on our brand new IMAX screen was a treat though (though dang that thing was LOUD!). We were literally the first audience ever in it, so that was very cool. Had a great time, and I need to see it again to really soak it all in. Enjoy your showings, everyone!

Okay, just got back. That movie was something else, I'll give it that. No spoilers, but it is one heck of a ride, but like Space Mountain at Magic Kingdom, a bit on the rough side. Seeing it on our brand new IMAX screen was a treat though (though dang that thing was LOUD!). We were literally the first audience ever in it, so that was very cool. Had a great time, and I need to see it again to really soak it all in. Enjoy your showings, everyone!

Just got back also! I need to process lol.

Saw it this evening. Won't spoil it for you, but it had the audience cheering, laughing and in rapturous applause. One guy screamed at the tension at one point. There were plenty of laughs too! AMAZING movie! If you can see it in 3-D too, go for it!

Saw it this evening. Won't spoil it for you, but it had the audience cheering, laughing and in rapturous applause. One guy screamed at the tension at one point. There were plenty of laughs too! AMAZING movie! If you can see it in 3-D too, go for it!

Domo, aren't you at WDW? Did you see it at Disney Springs or do the fan event?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter