Star wars day at sea

F_abian

Earning My Ears
I absolutely love star wars. My family and I are going on the February sailing on the fantasy and it includes star wars day at sea. If you've done a star wars day at sea sailing, what did you think about it? It is worth the extra price? did you cosplay? LET ME KNOW!:darth::chewy:

If you go into the Trip Reports subforum, there are some wonderfully detailed reviews with all kinds of great photos.

I did it in April. It wasn't that much more money than the regular western caribbean. We did dress up and yes it was definitely worth it.

We thought it was definitely worth it. And it starts the night before in the atrium so don’t miss that! My whole family loves Star Wars and we thought it was a great experience. We didn’t wear costumes but all had Star Wars T-shirts. There were a lot of really cool costumes though. We enjoyed the drawing classes where we learned to draw BB8 (there were others too) and did the Porg scavenger hunt. The dinner menu was clever. We couldn’t schedule another cruise until next May... would have loved to do another SWDAS but just couldn’t make it work.

We were on one of the first SWDAS sailings when they announced it. I think they have gotten better at it - back then it was a disorganized hot mess.

We were disappointed that it was only one day of the cruise. However, it was cool to see Disney people in dress walking around. I was stopped and questioned by a pair of imperials about rebel activity on the ship. Back then, as I mentioned DCL was new to it so there were a lot of things that people missed out on (like the jedi training that not all the kids got to do). I do not know if they have sorted that out. The meet and greets were also a mess that I think they have cleaned up a bit since then.

We paid almost an extra $1000 for 2 people for the privilege of having one day at sea. It was not in my opinion worth that cost. However, if you can get it for about the same price as a regular cruise or even just a touch more, it was fun for a star wars fan.

We did the SWDAS last March, and are doing it again this coming February. It. Was. Amazing! I don't know who geeked out more, my 3 sons, or DH, lol. The Star Wars-themed activities are not only on the Star Wars day - if you keep them all for that day, you will run out of time. So schedule the meet and greets with the Star Wars characters on the day that is NOT the SWDAS, same with the Jedi thing for kids if you can. That way, you can keep the Star Wars stuff for the main day. Lots of the kids club activities repeated, so you didn't have to target them all on one day. My kids dressed up as Stormtroopers for their photo with Vader at 8 am on another day, and then again for dinner on SWDAS. Lots of people dressed throughout the cruise, but mostly on the day itself. WE loved it, and I was outvoted this year - I wanted to do another Christmas-themed one, but my family voted me off the island lol.

We thought it was definitely worth it. And it starts the night before in the atrium so don’t miss that! My whole family loves Star Wars and we thought it was a great experience. We didn’t wear costumes but all had Star Wars T-shirts. There were a lot of really cool costumes though. We enjoyed the drawing classes where we learned to draw BB8 (there were others too) and did the Porg scavenger hunt. The dinner menu was clever. We couldn’t schedule another cruise until next May... would have loved to do another SWDAS but just couldn’t make it work.

What's the Porg scavenger hunt? I haven't noticed that one in the reviews.

The Star Wars-themed activities are not only on the Star Wars day - if you keep them all for that day, you will run out of time. So schedule the meet and greets with the Star Wars characters on the day that is NOT the SWDAS

I couldn't believe that all the scheduled meet & greets were sold out except for SWDAS when my activities window opened (Silver CC) for our January cruise, so apparently this is everyone's strategy. I don't remember there being so many activities that we were unable to do everything 2 years ago, unless a lot more has been added.

Last edited:
On our booking day, I could not get access between midnight and 3 am as the reservation linked to us was trying to book activities and taking their sweet time about it. Now that I know linked reservations muddle up the activities booking, THAT will never happen again, lol. So we ended up with NO jedi training slots left by 3 am of the silver booking window. Once we got on the ship, the first thing we did was line up at guest services, and they were able to slot my 3 sons into a session. BUT MAN WAS THIS MOMMA STRESSING OUT FROM BOOKING WINDOW TO GETTING ON THE BOAT!!! That was the ONE THING my kids wanted to do. We randomly booked the other events in times that looked convenient to us, but we didn't focus as much on the day, as what it wouldn't interfere with otherwise - like our snorkeling trip, or breakfast with Disney Jr, stuff like that. Oh, and for some reason, we didn't want characters back to back as we didn't know if the line for one would finish in time for the other - but lines were quick. Actually, for Darth Vader we were first, lol, my kids were EAGER! And for Chewbacca, my 4 year old got scared and chickened out so I had to hold him (the 4 year old, not Chewbacca). But any slot is good for the characters, we just loved wandering around on star wars day to meet the other characters that were dressed and walking around. Bring something shiny to trade with the Jawas :-)

And the Porg Scavenger Hunt was amusing. They give you a map with locations where Porgs have been reported to have caused damage. You have to find that "damage" at those locations, which will reveal a letter written in I forget which language (so you have to translate). Find all the spots, and you have your location spelled out. Some of those spots were hard to find, or behind people taking photo sessions, lol. We got a good workout! It was also linked to the 10 pm show too...

A few days ago I booked our activities for our Jan. 12 cruise(we're silver) All of the character meetings were all booked up except for ones on the morning of the SW day. The Jedi training was only being offered on the SW day, there were several times to choose from for both the character meetings and the Jedi training. I also went on a SW cruise in 2017, we aren't really fans so we didn't do anything related to SW then, my dh did go to the movie. We also have a cruise booked for Jan. 2020, which will probably be a SW cruise also. I did book the Jedi thing for my dd and a couple of the character meets. I doubt if we will do any other of the SW activities. I only booked some things on this cruise because I figured we should at least do a couple of things.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!