Star Wars Dark Side 2017 - Registration?

Lmichele

Mouseketeer
Newbie here - so, registration opens on August 9 at noon (ET). How quick does the 10k sell out? This would be my first Disney run and I really don't want to miss out ... just need to know if I have to be at my computer right at noon. Thanx.

Newbie here - so, registration opens on August 9 at noon (ET). How quick does the 10k sell out? This would be my first Disney run and I really don't want to miss out ... just need to know if I have to be at my computer right at noon. Thanx.

Being at your computer a little before noon on registration day is almost always the best plan. It's hard to tell when these things are going to sell out, so better safe than sorry. In addition, the 10k is one of the fastest sellers for just about all the race weekends.

... just need to know if I have to be at my computer right at noon. Thanx.
Yes, you do. The 10Ks are popular, and most of the bibs are allocated to the challenge runners. Make sure you make an Active.com account and be ready right at noon, or a few minutes ahead of time.

I'm a newbie too & considering doing this.

As an AP holder I get an earlier registration date...do they only allot so many spots for that? If that sells out can I try again on the general public date?

I did create a profile on the Active.com website. Is that where I go to sign up or will there be other links thru runDisney?

Last edited:

I'm a newbie too & considering doing this.

As an AP holder I get an earlier registration date...do they only allot so many spots for that? If that sells out can I try again on the general public date?

I did create a profile on the Active.com website. Is that where I go to sign up or will there be other links thru runDisney?

Roughly 5-10% of the slots are available during early registration. If you don't get one, you'll need to try again during general registration a week later.

Thanks! I'll be sure to be ready. I already have an Active.com account from other races I've done. DH wants to do the half ... so I'm guessing I should sign myself up first then DH? Since the 10 is the most popular.

My sister (and probably me as well) would like to try to get in for the 10K, since the dates fall during the week of our Spring Break next year. We will definitely plan to be ready at computers before registration opens. Although a part of me is concerned that the dates are not set in stone. I know that the recent event guides (i.e. Tink) still list Dark Side weekend as April 20-23, 2017, but the runDisney website is still not updated to these dates (it still lists 2016 and says info for 2017 is coming soon). All the other events seem to be updated within only a couple days upon completion of one year's weekend (Tink is already updated to 2017 dates). So I'm worried the dates are going to change, due to them maybe realizing that holding the race the week after Easter and in late April may not be the best idea, due to Spring Break crowds and weather getting warmer. After the last minute changing of Wine and Dine details after the website listed it as a night race for months, I wouldn't put anything past them at this point. I guess we'll see come August when registration is supposed to open. I just really hope it doesn't change, especially for my sister's sake, since she's been planning on trying to do this for a few months now and has already had difficulty getting into other events. And being a teacher, this was her shot to do one without taking personal days from work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter