Star Wars Battlefront II PS4

disneyleslie

DIS Veteran
Hi there,

Does anyone know of any deals coming up on Star War Battlefront II for Ps4? Maybe black friday?

Thanks so much,
Leslie

I think Meijer has $10 gift card with purchase (still retail of $60 for game though). That’s all I’ve been able to find. Given it was just released I’m not surprised no deals.

I obviously can't stop you but you and others may want to hold off on buying it. Despite costing as much as a normal video game, players are forced to either put in hundreds of hours of playing or spend hundreds of dollars on randomized "loot boxes" in the hopes of, for example, being able to play as Darth Vader. Belgium is currently investigating the practice as a form of pushing gambling on minors and personally I'm boycotting games published by EA. Right now the loot boxes are off under media pressure but EA has said only that they are going to re-evaluate them and then they will be going back in. Until it's certain that your money buys a complete game and not a skinner box, I would avoid the game.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...as-promoting-gambling/?utm_term=.16a80067ea2f

I obviously can't stop you but you and others may want to hold off on buying it. Despite costing as much as a normal video game, players are forced to either put in hundreds of hours of playing or spend hundreds of dollars on randomized "loot boxes" in the hopes of, for example, being able to play as Darth Vader. Belgium is currently investigating the practice as a form of pushing gambling on minors and personally I'm boycotting games published by EA. Right now the loot boxes are off under media pressure but EA has said only that they are going to re-evaluate them and then they will be going back in. Until it's certain that your money buys a complete game and not a skinner box, I would avoid the game.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...as-promoting-gambling/?utm_term=.16a80067ea2f
I completely agree with Fyrefly here! I felt so burned by buying the first Battlefront --- I am also boycotting games by EA. I'm so sick of them giving me an incomplete game.

I completely agree with Fyrefly here! I felt so burned by buying the first Battlefront --- I am also boycotting games by EA. I'm so sick of them giving me an incomplete game.
Also agree. OP, don't buy this game. Do research on it. EA has been destroying games left and right.

No deals that I have found. Best buy is offering a free Darth Maul funko pop with the purchase of BFII on black friday which you could use as a second gift for someone.

If you want to wait closer to the holiday then you may be able to snag it on discount a few weeks before.

Also... I wouldn't say the game is garbage. It has a lot of fun aspects to it but EA did try to squeeze out extra in game purchases which they have temp rolled back. If its for your DS or DD and they really want it, I would absolutely get it for them.

I agree with the majority of previous posters here- please do your research on this game before buying it. It is currently the subject of a lot of controversy and may end up either being a waste of your money or end up costing you significantly more than the sticker price in in game purchases. Obviously in the end it's up to you, but just something to think about before you purchase. I know several people who crossed it off their lists or have decided against buying it for their kids after reading the reviews and such. Good luck!

I asked DH about the comments here about having to buy everything (or so people claim) and he wants this game. He doesn't think it's a big deal. He has played Call of Duty since it first came out and said that game has had similar things in it for probably 5 years. He's successfully play COD and not had to buy anything. Battlefield does the same thing and he hasn't bought the weapons or uniforms there either.

Yeah buying could give you an advantage but others have just as much fun playing without buying.

I asked DH about the comments here about having to buy everything (or so people claim) and he wants this game. He doesn't think it's a big deal. He has played Call of Duty since it first came out and said that game has had similar things in it for probably 5 years. He's successfully play COD and not had to buy anything. Battlefield does the same thing and he hasn't bought the weapons or uniforms there either.

Yeah buying could give you an advantage but others have just as much fun playing without buying.

My DH has a similar opinion. He plays Call of Duty and Skyrim/Elder Scrolls and they have buy in components too, additional purchases are optional. He still wants the game.

My DS said the same thing - lots of games have in game purchases available, but you don't need to pay to play.
However, he does NOT want the game. He said from what he read, it is mostly online multiplayer. It doesn't have the offline games he was hoping for - galactic conquest and instant action

My DH has a similar opinion. He plays Call of Duty and Skyrim/Elder Scrolls and they have buy in components too, additional purchases are optional. He still wants the game.

My DS said the same thing - lots of games have in game purchases available, but you don't need to pay to play.
However, he does NOT want the game. He said from what he read, it is mostly online multiplayer. It doesn't have the offline games he was hoping for - galactic conquest and instant action

The difference between all the other games and Battlefront II is that the other games hide only cosmetic items in what you purchase. BF2 hides certain abilities that give the player who put money in an advantage over all other players basically making the game not fun unless you pay extra. You can play the game without paying, but expect to die a lot and feel frustrated which is why this game has been getting so much controversy compared to other games.

The developer/publisher (whoever decided this) also locked Darth Vader, Luke Skywalker and most of the other popular characters behind paywalls, so do not expect to play as the main characters of the game until you put in 40+ hours per character. I have the game as I bought it used at Gamestop (as revenue goes only to GS), and it's an okay game. I got through the full story in only 3 and a half hours, so if you are mainly interested in the single player definitely wait till it goes on sale or you can find it used.

The difference between all the other games and Battlefront II is that the other games hide only cosmetic items in what you purchase. BF2 hides certain abilities that give the player who put money in an advantage over all other players basically making the game not fun unless you pay extra. You can play the game without paying, but expect to die a lot and feel frustrated which is why this game has been getting so much controversy compared to other games.

The developer/publisher (whoever decided this) also locked Darth Vader, Luke Skywalker and most of the other popular characters behind paywalls, so do not expect to play as the main characters of the game until you put in 40+ hours per character. I have the game as I bought it used at Gamestop (as revenue goes only to GS), and it's an okay game. I got through the full story in only 3 and a half hours, so if you are mainly interested in the single player definitely wait till it goes on sale or you can find it used.

Exactly. What's going on in this game is very different from what we've seen in the past.

Disney stepped in and the micro transactions are temporarily gone until EA can figure out a new way to handle them.

I was talking to my DS17 about this game and he just laughed at me when I brought up the stuff on this thread. He says he doesn't buy anything with real money but with "points/rewards" he's earned. You all were making me a little worried.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!