Star Wars 5k and early morning EMH?

DisneyLove2015

Mouseketeer
My son and I are running the dark side 5k in April. Rundisney website shows the start time as 5:30, but I have no idea how many corrals are used and how spaced out they are. MK has EMH that morning from 8-9. Would it be feasible to finish the 5k and head to MK to hopefully make some or all of the EMH? My husband will have our 3 year old there so we wanted to meet them if possible. Not opposed to grabbing a cab or Uber if needed to get there.

Trying to plan a few park days with us running the 5k and my husband running the half isn't as easy as planning a normal trip!

My son and I are running the dark side 5k in April. Rundisney website shows the start time as 5:30, but I have no idea how many corrals are used and how spaced out they are. MK has EMH that morning from 8-9. Would it be feasible to finish the 5k and head to MK to hopefully make some or all of the EMH? My husband will have our 3 year old there so we wanted to meet them if possible. Not opposed to grabbing a cab or Uber if needed to get there.

Trying to plan a few park days with us running the 5k and my husband running the half isn't as easy as planning a normal trip!
If you plan on going back to the resort and showering you might be cutting is close. The 5K's have 6 corrals A-F. Each corrals goes off about 5ish minutes apart. If you plan on heading to MK right after the race you should be fine.

Would it be feasible to finish the 5k and head to MK to hopefully make some or all of the EMH? My husband will have our 3 year old there so we wanted to meet them if possible. Not opposed to grabbing a cab or Uber if needed to get there.

That would be cutting it tight to make it there for 8am. I just did it this past April, my coral C started just about 6am. Once you are done the race, take a finisher picture, grab your snacks, find your bus and wait for it to leave you might make it back to your resort around 7:30am. I was at BWV so pretty close to Epcot and was back at the resort around 7:30, I was able to shower and be at my conference for 8:45am at the swan and dolphin.

I don't believe there are park buses from the race so you would have to get to the closest hotel to MK so one of the monorail resort buses. If everything went smoothly (and you don't care if you shower) you could make it to MK for a little after 8am. If you are going back to your resort, showering then taking a bus to MK, maybe you could make it there before 9am.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!