Star Tours will remain in DHS and Disneyland

I'm guessing DHS being a park in major upheaval has a lot to do with it. I'd rather they request changing the things that need it. Tower is not one of those things. :teeth:

Yeah, I know what you mean. Perhaps there is a way to appease everyone. Perhaps a Pixar haunted hotel/ghost story is a future possibility.

Yeah, I know what you mean. Perhaps there is a way to appease everyone. Perhaps a Pixar haunted hotel/ghost story is a future possibility.

You can't appease everyone, but if people want Pixar, make new attractions, or take unpopular ones. Heck, taking star Tours would be fine with me.

I predict Star Tours will stay for about a year or so after SW:GE opens...on each coast.

I have a wild theory that the DHS one will be replaced by a Big Hero 6 attraction. Why? They just added a DVC kiosk right outside with a "little Tokyo" theme. A small hint of what's to come? It's not like they haven't done that before (Monster's Inc themed archway next to Toy Story Mania)

My biggest question is if Galaxy's Edge's content going to appease fans of the original trilogy enough. Are Darth and Boba Fett going to be around at all? And I wonder what they'll do with all those awesome droids in the queue?

My biggest question is if Galaxy's Edge's content going to appease fans of the original trilogy enough. Are Darth and Boba Fett going to be around at all? And I wonder what they'll do with all those awesome droids in the queue?
Darth Vader has been noted as visiting Batuu before in Star Wars literature. There will be references sure. We don’t know for sure whether they will be meetable in the land.

From an immersion/theming standpoint, I am very disappointed. As has been said before, having Star Tours be an alternative "entrance" to SWGE (you take a tour ship and it lands on Batuu) would have been amazing .. integrate the "shuttle" from the hotel into Star Tours and make it a stop or something. But to just have it as a non-canonical ride mere yards from the entrance to a massive immersive experience just seems like a bad move.

That would be like there being a Harry Potter ride outside of Hogsmeade or Diagon Alley at Universal. It just doesn't make sense.

From a ride standpoint -- that ride is fun .. and can continue to entertain guests. DHS just can't take shutting down another major ride after going so long with so few rides to begin with. They will need the crowd eater. Plus -- they probably don't want massive construction walls on the way to the Grand Avenue entrance.

Here is hoping that SWGE expands into muppets courtyard some year!

I would gather Launch Bay will stay open for years as well.

Again per @rteetz this should not be new news, we have said for quite a while that almost all the insiders have said Star Tours will stay for at least a year or two after SW:GE opens.

I will say a few insiders did state that after that there are options - one being retooled to a new IP, another being totally razed for a new ride or area. I think some of this will depend on a few things:
1) how long the huge glut takes to thin out for SW:GE
2) if when they expand SW:GE
3) What happens with plans for Indy, and if they expand that IP to be a new mini-land
4) If they retheme the whole area, and maybe expand into Muppets.

I would hate to see the whole thing torn down, as I do think you could retheme it to a really good IP.

If there was to be a re-skin, I'd love to see Lilo and Stitch go in. Get Stitch to be pilot animatronic, go go break out another experiment, encounter a bunch of them, accidentally fly through Hawaii, etc...

I am very glad that Great Escape is dead, but I still love Stitch, and would like to see him represented with a good ride!

The reason that people will continue to talk about "Tower of Terror" is that it has no megablockbuster IP attached to it.

The reason some say ToT needs an overhaul is because it doesn't (didn't) fit the theme of the park as a whole; especially with RnRC next to it. But, now with the separate lands being added, the original theme of HS is an afterthought and IMHO that argument is moot.

To that, Disney does quite well with entertainment not built from a specific Disney IP. Space Mountain, Everest and BTMRR to name a couple. Heck, one could argue Splash Mountain doesn't have an IP attached to it because, for all intents and purposes, so few are even aware of the movie associated with it; much less have actually seen it.

The reason many say ToT needs an overhaul is because it doesn't (didn't) fit the theme of the park as a whole; especially with RnRC next to it. But, now with the separate lands being added, the original theme of HS is an afterthought and IMHO that argument is moot.

To that, Disney does quite well with entertainment not built from a specific Disney IP. Space Mountain, Everest and BTMRR to name a couple. Heck, one could argue Splash Mountain doesn't have an IP attached to it because, for all intents and purposes, so few are even aware of the movie associated with it; much less have actually seen it.

I agree, but some people would say though that "Tower" still fits the overall theme of the front of the park. Which is still reminiscent of old Hollywood. You're absolutely right about Aerosmith though. I don't think it ever fit the original theme let alone the new "In the movie" theme.

The reason some say ToT needs an overhaul is because it doesn't (didn't) fit the theme of the park as a whole; especially with RnRC next to it. But, now with the separate lands being added, the original theme of HS is an afterthought and IMHO that argument is moot.

ToT fits fine into Sunset Boulevard area. The problem always has been the RnRC -- neither old Hollywood or movie-related.

But DHS will be a mish-mash of theming for a while now .. especially with Star Wars scattered (for the unknown future) in 3 separate locations.

ToT fits fine into Sunset Boulevard area. The problem always has been the RnRC -- neither old Hollywood or movie-related.

But DHS will be a mish-mash of theming for a while now .. especially with Star Wars scattered (for the unknown future) in 3 separate locations.

I don't have a problem with ToT fitting in to the theme of the park; never have. But I have seen people say it didn't fit the theme of the rest of the park.
I do agree RnRC doesn't necessarily fit the theme; especially when parked right next to ToT.

But like I said above, none of this matters anymore. The original theme of the park is no longer and HS is at this point a hodge podge of various IP with remnants of the original "movie making" magic. And I'm completely fine with that.

I don't have a problem with ToT fitting in to the theme of the park; never have. But I have seen people say it didn't fit the theme of the rest of the park.
I do agree RnRC doesn't necessarily fit the theme; especially when parked right next to ToT.

But like I said above, none of this matters anymore. The original theme of the park is no longer and HS is at this point a hodge podge of various IP with remnants of the original "movie making" magic. And I'm completely fine with that.
Exactly . I see the park like Islands of Adventure now .. with several separate themed areas - with OLD HOLLYWOOD being one of those themed areas .. the problem is the other areas .. that arent really a themed area.

Animation Courtyard/Launch Bay -- (If it wasnt for the Launch Bay.. this could be a themed great Disney Junior area -- as it already half is with the M&Gs, the dance party and Little Mermaid.
Rock n Roller Coaster/Lightning McQueen Racing Academy
The old studio buildings (Sci-Fi Dine In and ABC Commissary) .. Id even include the Hyperion and Soundstage theatre.
Indiana Jones/Star Tours

Muppets Courtyard is a themed area -- just not a Muppets themed one .. it is the Grand Avenue area with two Muppets themed attractions.

It may be a while (or never) where DHS is a cohesive theme like MK or AK.

I'm wondering how much the new Twilight Zone show's success could help or hurt TOT staying as it is. The only thing I ever hope it becomes if it had to change(which I hope not) is to make it part of the Society of Explorers.

Back to Star Wars, do we know if there is expansion room for a third attraction in the land?

Back to Star Wars, do we know if there is expansion room for a third attraction in the land?

It looks like there is possible expansion space in the back and right of SWL. I'm not sure what they are currently using this space for. Right now the land has some random green warehouse buildings residing on it.

star-wars-galaxys-edge-update-february-2019-2-aerial-3.jpg

It looks like there is possible expansion space in the back and right of SWL. I'm not sure what they are currently using this space for. Right now the land has some random green warehouse buildings residing on it.

star-wars-galaxys-edge-update-february-2019-2-aerial-3.jpg
Expansion would be first in the berm area on the left. Those backstage buildings aren’t random and necessary.

The pathways look too narrow in Galaxy's Edge. It looks like the lands you would see in Disneyland, like in New Orleans Square. Hopefully they didn't make ours small just because they wanted to build an exact duplicate of Cali's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter