Standard Pop Room vs Little Mermaid

We checked out of Pop this morning . It was our first stay ever on site. We were in 80s building 10 refurbed standard room. We quickly learned to cut through other buildings and the parking lot and it was not too far to and from busses. We loved the rooms and the beds were very comfortable. As PP said, food was meh (so we only ate there once). We ate at AoA once too and didn’t find it much better.

No one in my family liked Pop. I really didn't like the decor, the food at the food court was meh (we ate one meal there and then we cross the bridge to AoA after) and the beds were awful. But that was before the refurbishment. My kids wanted to go back to AoA or CSR. Luckily we stayed at Pop only 4 nights.
The food is still terrible.

LM rooms are a very long walk from the main building.

We never found the walk to LM to be terrible. Even my baby was walking it instead of staying in her stroller most of the time because she liked walking through The Lion King section and they were running from one character statue to the other. Our walk at Pop and ASMu might have been shorter BUT a lot more boring than the one to go to our LM room.

We just did a split stay, refurbed standard room at Pop for 5, then 1 night in a LM room. At Pop, Building 7, 3rd floor. 3 minute walk exactly from our door to the MK bus stop.

Everything about the new Pop rooms is better than the LM rooms. The LM is in need of some serious updating in comparison. Unless the pool is very important, or a the LM themed room, stay at Pop. Enjoy the extra storage, the queen size beds, the giant TV, and all the USB ports. Then walk across the bridge and enjoy the unique theming of AOA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!