• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Standard AKV

Boardwalk Gal

Lean not on your own understanding.
Anyone stayed in Standard AKV lately?? We will be staying there in Nov Jambo House area. Can anyone tell me about the location and view?? I know there still alot of construction going on. My DH is relutance to stay there because of it and is on waiting list for WLV. But i would very much like to stay there since I was very lucky to get this reservation considering this is not my home resort.

We were at AKV at the end of August (22nd-27th) in a 1BR savanna view. Although I cannot speak to what you will get with a standard view (I'm pretty sure it's a view of the pool which is a beautiful area), at the time we were there we did not hear any construction noise whatsoever. We were there for 5 nights and thought the villa & the entire resort were fabulous. Off in the distance you could see a crane where they were presumably doing Kidani construction.

Maybe someone that's been more recently will know if the construction has stepped up.

We were there Sept. 9 - 15 in a Savanna view, so I can't address the issue of the standard view, however, I can tell you that we did not see or hear any construction noise. The lobby has black draping inside the area leading to the 5th and 6th floor in some places, and from our balcony we could see a crane in the distance. That is all. We spent 2 days at the pool area and ate in Mara and Boma and never saw or heard anything else from construction. If I had not known it was under construction, I would not have noticed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter