Stalking Fatigue- anyone else?

I’ve only ever had one WL match because I’m so impatient that I usually cancel them after a few days to maybe a week or so. We’re going on over 2 weeks now, and I’m dying. I don’t know why it bugs me so much.

I did call into MS to have them add some notes to my WLs, and none have matched. Oh well. Honestly, my current “backup reservation” was one I got after some stalking and is pretty great (BCV during MM at EP), so it’ll be fine. It’s my Type-A personality that I cannot seem to turn off.

I’m currently sitting at 3 weeks on multiple wait lists for different rooms and dates, and I’m debating cancelling them because I’ve convinced myself they won’t come through (see previous post where I state how impatient I am). I’ve been stalking for about a month and a half. There’s no rhyme or reason to when people cancel, and when rooms open up. Some days, I see a ton of movement over my dates, but not the right rooms open for me. Pretty consistently, there was always a lot of movement on the weekends, especially Saturdays. Not this weekend. I thought for sure people would be reactionary about all the coronavirus stuff that came out this week and cancel Disney trips at least for the next several months, but that doesn’t seem to be the case. In fact, there was less movement this week than any other week since I’ve been watching rooms. I feel like trying to predict when rooms will open up is as useless as trying to figure out whether or not DVD will exercise ROFR on a resale contract!

Last edited:
I just had a WL fill on Friday for two nights in a SV 1 bedroom at BLT for March 29 & 30th. I had it in place about 2 weeks,

I actually think it matched a few days earlier as there was one of my nights available when I put it in and that night disappeared on Monday. My hope was that is was because my WL had filled. Since I got the room, I am thinking it did!

So, don’t give up hope yet!

I just had a WL fill on Friday for two nights in a SV 1 bedroom at BLT for March 29 & 30th. I had it in place about 2 weeks,

I actually think it matched a few days earlier as there was one of my nights available when I put it in and that night disappeared on Monday. My hope was that is was because my WL had filled. Since I got the room, I am thinking it did!

So, don’t give up hope yet!

I see you are trying to introduce me to the virtue known as patience. Sigh.

I am wondering if there is anything to what people say about a good bit of movement about a month out from travel dates when a lot of people cancel before the points would go into holding. I'm trying to move over to BLT for the MM night at MK. The annoying thing is that I own there and could've booked during the home resort window if I'd known we would be going then, but that's life for you. 🤦‍♀️ I have the WLs set to expire 7 days out. I also have 2 WLs using a different membership for CCV for the same night. I'll have to keep ya'll posted for anecdotal evidence of what happens with the WLs.

The other WL I have is for a standard 2BR at BWV for 2 nights in June during a MM night at EP. I already have a 1BR at BCV booked by stalking. I don't have a ton of hope that this WL will come through. In fact, I honestly think it's a long shot but figured I had to try.

Thanks for the encouragement. I will fight my inner impatience...for now... :rotfl2:

I see you are trying to introduce me to the virtue known as patience. Sigh.

I am wondering if there is anything to what people say about a good bit of movement about a month out from travel dates when a lot of people cancel before the points would go into holding. I'm trying to move over to BLT for the MM night at MK. The annoying thing is that I own there and could've booked during the home resort window if I'd known we would be going then, but that's life for you. 🤦‍♀️ I have the WLs set to expire 7 days out. I also have 2 WLs using a different membership for CCV for the same night. I'll have to keep ya'll posted for anecdotal evidence of what happens with the WLs.

The other WL I have is for a standard 2BR at BWV for 2 nights in June during a MM night at EP. I already have a 1BR at BCV booked by stalking. I don't have a ton of hope that this WL will come through. In fact, I honestly think it's a long shot but figured I had to try.

Thanks for the encouragement. I will fight my inner impatience...for now... :rotfl2:

Those MM nights might be tough ones. Hard part of BWV will be it has to open a studio to get the 2 bedroom.

But keep stalking and I’ll keep hoping too!

Those MM nights might be tough ones. Hard part of BWV will be it has to open a studio to get the 2 bedroom.

But keep stalking and I’ll keep hoping too!

There aren’t any 1BRs in the standard category at BWV for either night I’m after either, so I’d need a studio AND a 1BR to become available. I’m not going to hold my breath on that WL. I’m just happy I was able to grab BCV for 2 nights including the MM night at EP.

Annoyingly, a CCV studio did become available earlier this week, but I didn’t have it wait listed and wasn’t quick enough to grab it. I got the text alert at 4am or something. Needless to say, I was sleeping, and it was gone by 5:30am. I decided to put in the WLs for CCV later that day. Maybe one of those will come through. You never know.

Definitely feeling the impatience and fatigue! At least 3 times now I've seen the night after our 1 night waitlist come available and no matches.

Definitely feeling the impatience and fatigue! At least 3 times now I've seen the night after our 1 night waitlist come available and no matches.

I feel you. The nights both before and after for mine have come available, but not my 1 night. Oh well. I have resigned myself to the fact that it won’t come available. I have another one booked, so I’ll just have to deal with it. 🙄

I feel you. The nights both before and after for mine have come available, but not my 1 night. Oh well. I have resigned myself to the fact that it won’t come available. I have another one booked, so I’ll just have to deal with it. 🙄
Same, this is on us, since we planned the trip less than 40 days out. While obviously hoping it comes through so we don't have to move, we're just happy to be there one more time on our annual passes! And our move is at the same resort, just to a different category so not a huge deal.

I've had much better luck w stalking than WL. I'll add my request to the WL, but continue the stalking, if I really want to fill my request. I've filled too many requests myself to ever fully trust the WL.

So...I had 2 WLs going for the same night. One was for the regular studio at CCV and the other was for the walk-in shower studio at CCV. At 4am a few nights ago, I got a text that one studio had become available. I was sleeping. I got a follow up text an hour later that it was gone. You can imagine my surprise when I had a WL for that room. I called MS, and my wait list was still active and hadn’t matched. :mad:

The next night, I apparently got 2 texts in the middle of the night. One that the regular studio was available and another that the walk-in studio was available. The regular studio was gone within the hour according to a follow up text, but the walk-in was available for 2 hours. Again, I dared to sleep, so I missed both texts. Today, I called MS to see if my WLs has matched. Nope. It’s beyond frustrating. I had WLs for rooms that have shown as available in the RAT multiple times now, but my WLs aren’t matching. It’s for a MM night in April which is a trip that probably won’t happen anyway because the parks may still be closed, but I’m still pretty annoyed about the WL system right now.

So...I had 2 WLs going for the same night. One was for the regular studio at CCV and the other was for the walk-in shower studio at CCV. At 4am a few nights ago, I got a text that one studio had become available. I was sleeping. I got a follow up text an hour later that it was gone. You can imagine my surprise when I had a WL for that room. I called MS, and my wait list was still active and hadn’t matched. :mad:

The next night, I apparently got 2 texts in the middle of the night. One that the regular studio was available and another that the walk-in studio was available. The regular studio was gone within the hour according to a follow up text, but the walk-in was available for 2 hours. Again, I dared to sleep, so I missed both texts. Today, I called MS to see if my WLs has matched. Nope. It’s beyond frustrating. I had WLs for rooms that have shown as available in the RAT multiple times now, but my WLs aren’t matching. It’s for a MM night in April which is a trip that probably won’t happen anyway because the parks may still be closed, but I’m still pretty annoyed about the WL system right now.

Im confused? How are you getting text a room matching what you want is available? Are you on some kind of system that checks for you? MS doesn't do that do they????

Im confused? How are you getting text a room matching what you want is available? Are you on some kind of system that checks for you? MS doesn't do that do they????

It’s a private, paid service that can’t be listed here as it’s part of our boards filter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!