Stalking Fatigue- anyone else?

Had both a stalking win and a waitlist win in the same day yesterday. Hav been stalking for 2 different trips, December and February. I have a February use year so 2 different sets of waitlists. Have really been stalking as we get closer to 30 days from December. Was able to switch the night I had at the beach club to the poly in December yesterday morning! Had a waitlist in place for just the single day that had not picked up so I grabbed it and canceled the waitlist. A couple days prior I had seen multiple times where the days surrounding my waitlist for February opened up but not my day. Contacted MS through chat to check on them and no dice. I decided to call in to member services to put in my room requests for the December room something I would normally do through chat because I wanted to have them check my waitlist. Sure enough when I asked my waitlist had come through but just wasn’t processed yet. This leads me to believe the cast members through the chat feature don’t have access to this information and just still see the waitlist active on the dashboard like we do as users. I could be wrong and maybe I was just really lucky on the same day but doesn’t seem like it to me. For reference I had been checking minimum 20 times a day so what I would consider heavy stalking.

Had both a stalking win and a waitlist win in the same day yesterday. Hav been stalking for 2 different trips, December and February. I have a February use year so 2 different sets of waitlists. Have really been stalking as we get closer to 30 days from December. Was able to switch the night I had at the beach club to the poly in December yesterday morning! Had a waitlist in place for just the single day that had not picked up so I grabbed it and canceled the waitlist. A couple days prior I had seen multiple times where the days surrounding my waitlist for February opened up but not my day. Contacted MS through chat to check on them and no dice. I decided to call in to member services to put in my room requests for the December room something I would normally do through chat because I wanted to have them check my waitlist. Sure enough when I asked my waitlist had come through but just wasn’t processed yet. This leads me to believe the cast members through the chat feature don’t have access to this information and just still see the waitlist active on the dashboard like we do as users. I could be wrong and maybe I was just really lucky on the same day but doesn’t seem like it to me. For reference I had been checking minimum 20 times a day so what I would consider heavy stalking.
I think you are right about the chat feature. I think they have access to some stuff but not all. I asked about our last waitlist over chat, and the CM said it looks like it might have come through but you have to call in. So I called in and it was a yes.

I think you are right about the chat feature. I think they have access to some stuff but not all. I asked about our last waitlist over chat, and the CM said it looks like it might have come through but you have to call in. So I called in and it was a yes.
I’ve gotten different answers during different chats. Most have told me they still see x number of waitlists still active, a couple have told me no and then the last one I spoke to told me straight out he couldn’t see that and I had to call. I know even when trying to have like reservation merges through chat it was something that they had to put a note on for someone else to finalize. I actually prefer the chat for its ease but it seems like they have very limited abilities which I don’t really understand.

STALKING WORKED AGAIN!!
I just snagged a reservation online, via stalking, that perfectly matched my waitlist: specific resort, specific unit type, specific date.

I now have a 5 night stay at Beach Club Villas in May over the Epcot Moonlight Magic event. Yippie!!

Yeah, After your post, I went and checked and was able to get my trip switched back to the week of the 3rd at SSRso I can be there for MM and hopefully get tickets.

When I tried last week, the 3rd and 4th was not available. Woohoo! Love stalking!

My daughter is dancing at DL in Feb and of course we got the dates 5 months out. Stalking paid off! I now have one night in a 1BR and just yesterday, one in a studio, which is not ideal.... but Im thrilled to have gotten both nights... at VGC none the less! I’m still hoping a studio pops up for the first night, but I’ll live if it doesn’t.

I just got a waitlist match conf email (never saw it show up in the RAT with very heavy stalking) for CCV studio for 2 days of this December and now have the full week like we wanted (and the WL now cancelled those nights at BRV studio I had). It being almost 31 days out, I didn't think this was going to happen (and had to do the split at 31 days if it didnt) and a split stay was for sure. This was a spare of the moment trip without the extended family I have been piecing together for the last 80 days or so...so going spare of the moment can happen, its just more work. Glad everyone here got what they were looking for.

Why can't I get to join the happy dance club? We are three weeks out. Still looking and waiting.

Why can't I get to join the happy dance club? We are three weeks out. Still looking and waiting.
If your only looking for a few days, its possible, although less of a chance after 31 days. I have seen CCV studios pop up here and there at the 1,2 & 3 day mark (since I was stalking them), so I would imagine it can happen for the other room types as well (minus Studio Values, thats most likely no chance). So just hope for some cancellations and make sure you got a waitlist if possible.

I’m so confused by this process. I think when you have a WL set up so that it replaces another reservation, it takes longer because a CM has to match it. I wonder if it’s truly automatic without that step. If we need something replaced, I wonder if that’s what’s causing the issues with the room showing up in the RAT.

For anyone who had success with stalking and when you had a WL, was the WL to replace an existing reservation?

Just random pondering a from someone so sick of trying to get a room match via WL and stalking.

I’m so confused by this process. I think when you have a WL set up so that it replaces another reservation, it takes longer because a CM has to match it. I wonder if it’s truly automatic without that step. If we need something replaced, I wonder if that’s what’s causing the issues with the room showing up in the RAT.

For anyone who had success with stalking and when you had a WL, was the WL to replace an existing reservation?

Just random pondering a from someone so sick of trying to get a room match via WL and stalking.
I recently had a waitlist matched for a 3-night weekend in a standard view studio at BWV during F&W. It replaced the same dates in a garden/pool view. I had been stalking for two weeks and the wait list beat stalking...even with it replacing an existing reservation.

I’ve only ever had one WL match because I’m so impatient that I usually cancel them after a few days to maybe a week or so. We’re going on over 2 weeks now, and I’m dying. I don’t know why it bugs me so much.

I did call into MS to have them add some notes to my WLs, and none have matched. Oh well. Honestly, my current “backup reservation” was one I got after some stalking and is pretty great (BCV during MM at EP), so it’ll be fine. It’s my Type-A personality that I cannot seem to turn off.

Disney frequently update their site but they never published release notes to let us know what exactly got changed, on the other hand, if stalking could beat WL, then it means their system has a glaring hole and they could amend it with any of those releases, so no mention experience from last year, even experience from last month may not mean much...

I have been stalking for a BWV one-bedroom for two weeks, no success, also based on what I have read about recently, I have the feel that the WL has vastly improved, and now became a lot more 'sensitive'. From technology implementation perspective, considering the duration of the WL, the creation time of the WL, how soon the trip is coming up, and how the waitlist is setup, etc., the algorithm matching cancelled rooms to a particular WL can be very tricky, but on the other hand, it is very easy to check if the room/date falls into any one of the WLs, then hold it from releasing to the inventory, and then the matching logic could kick in, loop through and do whatever...leisurely..., and accordingly, stalking? no more chance!

Disney frequently update their site but they never published release notes to let us know what exactly got changed, on the other hand, if stalking could beat WL, then it means their system has a glaring hole and they could amend it with any of those releases, so no mention experience from last year, even experience from last month may not mean much...

I have been stalking for a BWV one-bedroom for two weeks, no success, also based on what I have read about recently, I have the feel that the WL has vastly improved, and now became a lot more 'sensitive'. From technology implementation perspective, considering the duration of the WL, the creation time of the WL, how soon the trip is coming up, and how the waitlist is setup, etc., the algorithm matching cancelled rooms to a particular WL can be very tricky, but on the other hand, it is very easy to check if the room/date falls into any one of the WLs, then hold it from releasing to the inventory, and then the matching logic could kick in, loop through and do whatever...leisurely..., and accordingly, stalking? no more chance!

Hmmm...I have also been stalking for a standard 1BR at BWV for 2 weeks. I have one of the two nights I need which I grabbed by stalking because the 2 nights didn’t come through via WL as one night became available but not the other. Then, I canceled my 2-night WL and made a new WL for the single for night just over 2 weeks ago. I wonder if we're stalking the same night in June. 🤣 I’m trying for June 30th BTW.

Hmmm...I have also been stalking for a standard 1BR at BWV for 2 weeks. I have one of the two nights I need which I grabbed by stalking because the 2 nights didn’t come through via WL as one night became available but not the other. Then, I canceled my 2-night WL and made a new WL for the single for night just over 2 weeks ago. I wonder if we're stalking the same night in June. 🤣 I’m trying for June 30th BTW.
Haha, cool! Now i actually felt encouraged to continuing stalking...was about to give up!!

Not the same day...i was checking a boardwalk view one-bedroom for 6/15...was able to grab two bedroom for the two previous days (shocking! shocking!!), but for that day, could only get a board-walk studio...

The computer will match the wait list. But a CM has to go in and process it and no one knows the timeframe, I wish they has a way to say it was matched.

I actually went on to stalk the other day and it was at the same exact time a CM was processing mine as I saw the waitlist but no reservation. I then saw all my points back and realized it must hsve filled. Sure enough, I refreshed and it was there.

I have had it take months for a waitlist to fill, and some just a few weeks. I am waiting on one more for March..think it’s a long shot..only been a week...one night is there, but not the other.

Haha, cool! Now i actually felt encouraged to continuing stalking...was about to give up!!

Not the same day...i was checking a boardwalk view one-bedroom for 6/15...was able to grab two bedroom for the two previous days (shocking! shocking!!), but for that day, could only get a board-walk studio...

I have a WL for a standard 2BR going too for those same dates. I highly doubt that one will come through, but you never know.

Can MS see where you are on the WL? I know things change all the time.

Wouldn’t it be wonderful if we could see:

1) What number we are on the WL
2) If our WL has matched but is waiting to be processed by a CM

I may start providing this feedback in those surveys I always get.

Can MS see where you are on the WL? I know things change all the time.

Wouldn’t it be wonderful if we could see:

1) What number we are on the WL
2) If our WL has matched but is waiting to be processed by a CM

I may start providing this feedback in those surveys I always get.

No, I don’t think the can, The problem is that with the way they fill, where you are may not mean you will get the room next,

Say I am on there for 5 nights, but you are on for one, Even if I am way ahead of you, if only the one night shows up, you get it, They don’t hold the rooms until all nights are there to go “in order”

No, I don’t think the can, The problem is that with the way they fill, where you are may not mean you will get the room next,

Say I am on there for 5 nights, but you are on for one, Even if I am way ahead of you, if only the one night shows up, you get it, They don’t hold the rooms until all nights are there to go “in order”

That makes sense. I do wish we could see if it matched. I know it used to disappear from your dashboard when it matched. Those were the days...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!