Stalking Fatigue- anyone else?

I don't mind a split stay, if fact we usually plan for it, but not for this trip . We have taken trips with DS and family or with DD and family. First trip with both kids and all the grandkids. But it also might be the last trip with everyone. Old grandkids, getting harder to pull out of school, too hot in summer for the old people (us lol), business trips, etc. Just busy life. So I really really hope we get those last days so we can all be at BLT together.,

Stalking paid off for me this morning! I've been trying to move my March Kidani Savanna over to Jambo. Just looking for Savanna availability and lo and behold all 3 nights were available in a value studio. Um, yes I'll have that instead.

Stalking paid off for me this morning! I've been trying to move my March Kidani Savanna over to Jambo. Just looking for Savanna availability and lo and behold all 3 nights were available in a value studio. Um, yes I'll have that instead.

Woohoo! Congrats!🎉🎈🎊

Congrats!
Enjoy!

I hear you about fatigue but I've been extremely lucky with it this year, so it has paid off for us. We've lucked into VGC for 2 nights in Aug (could have had a 3rd night but decided to visit San Diego instead) and BLT in Oct. For BLT we started at SSR, modified to OKW, then CCV and finally BLT showed up. Both cases were well within the 7 month window but we were looking for 2 bedrooms, I realize other room types would be harder.
I didn't use a waitlist as for VGC we were open for dates and we were open to multiple options for Oct (BLT, BWV and BCV were our top 3). I got in habit of checking in the morning and during lunch. As it wasn't make or break (especially for Oct trip where we had a backup), it wasn't too stressful.
I do the same thing for a cabana on Castaway Cay for an upcoming cruise.... now that appears to be a lost cause!
We are hoping for Aulani for the summer of 2020, so we'll see how that one goes.
Hang in there and good luck!

I was just able yesterday to change 3 nights at the end of March to a Value studio...I was shocked it showed up. I am not usually one to stay at AKV, but it was such a point saver that I decided to try it!!

Another win for "stalking"! We had some unexpected points added back to our account and needed to use them by Dec 1. With my wife being a teacher, we were pretty limited in when we'd be able to make it happen. As you can imagine, there was nothing at all, not even 1 night, available given F&W and the Holidays. Well after a few weeks of relentless "stalking" and constant refreshing, we got 4 nights in a Studio at SSR over Veterans Day weekend! Now we push our luck and hope that 1 of our waitlists at BWV or BLT comes through, but even if they don't we couldn't be happier right now!

Another win for "stalking"! We had some unexpected points added back to our account and needed to use them by Dec 1. With my wife being a teacher, we were pretty limited in when we'd be able to make it happen. As you can imagine, there was nothing at all, not even 1 night, available given F&W and the Holidays. Well after a few weeks of relentless "stalking" and constant refreshing, we got 4 nights in a Studio at SSR over Veterans Day weekend! Now we push our luck and hope that 1 of our waitlists at BWV or BLT comes through, but even if they don't we couldn't be happier right now!

Woohoo! Things do change and you never know! Good luck! I love the ability to stalk. I’ve gotten some good rooms this way!

Woohoo! Things do change and you never know! Good luck! I love the ability to stalk. I’ve gotten some good rooms this way!

100%. We've pieced together some great trips a night or 2 at a time. They may have looked crazy at first all broken up, but they've always come together and we wouldn't have been able to do it via regular waitlist. I try telling friends to give it a shot this way all the time, but I understand that it can be intimidating to look and see the nights all broken and scattered.

100%. We've pieced together some great trips a night or 2 at a time. They may have looked crazy at first all broken up, but they've always come together and we wouldn't have been able to do it via regular waitlist. I try telling friends to give it a shot this way all the time, but I understand that it can be intimidating to look and see the nights all broken and scattered.

I agree! I can't tell you how many times I have adjusted my end of March trip in the past month to slowly get myself to the resort I wanted to be at, Copper Creek in a studio. Just yesterday, about the 5th time I checked, all of a sudden, 4 of my 5 nights were available!! So, I grabbed them!! Now, I have 5 months left to hope I can get night 5!!!

I want to join the "I got the rooms by stalking " group. But alas........ 😢😢

I've had a one day and two day waitlist for the first week in Dec for a 2 bedroom lake view at BLT since almost 11 months. I check at least 6 times a day.

I even check for other views or lockoff villas....nothing.

I've had a one day and two day waitlist for the first week in Dec for a 2 bedroom lake view at BLT since almost 11 months. I check at least 6 times a day.

Hope something comes your way soon!

Don't give up hope! This trip had nothing at all for us for a while. Then we had 1 night at BLT, 1 at WL, 1 at AK, and 1 at SS. Then 2 at AK and 1 at SS. Then it was 1 at AK and 3 at SS. Then finally all 4 at SS! It was a weird route to get there, but it worked out for us luckily! Our benefit was that we weren't as picky on resorts as we usually are. We just wanted anything that opened so that we didn't lose the points. Now we'll hold out hope that we luck out and grab a BW or BLT waitlist. Good luck, keep trying and let us know how it goes!

Fingers crossed for you. Keep checking as much as you can stand!

Don't give up hope! This trip had nothing at all for us for a while. Then we had 1 night at BLT, 1 at WL, 1 at AK, and 1 at SS. Then 2 at AK and 1 at SS. Then it was 1 at AK and 3 at SS. Then finally all 4 at SS! It was a weird route to get there, but it worked out for us luckily! Our benefit was that we weren't as picky on resorts as we usually are. We just wanted anything that opened so that we didn't lose the points. Now we'll hold out hope that we luck out and grab a BW or BLT waitlist. Good luck, keep trying and let us know how it goes!

We usually aren't that picky just for us, but this is for all the grandkids trip. We have a studio for DS and family and 5 days in a 2 bedroom for DD and family and us. It would just be so great to be at the same resort for everyone through the whole trip.

Stalking paid off before the waitlists could! I had a 2-night reservation (AKV Value studio), but ended up getting invited to a wedding, so was going to arrive 5 days earlier. Initially I was worried I'd have to make a 4-way split stay (not ideal) or pay cash (also not ideal). Was excited to get it down to 3 (Kidani-Sav, Jambo-Standard, Jambo-Value), with some pieced together days and waitlists to hopefully get it down to 2. I set up waitlists, but I continued to stalk and check the site, and was able to get the nights I needed before they even came thru on the waitlist! And I was able to eventually get it down to a single stay - woohoo. I lost the cheaper value studio room, but I think the extra points will make up for the convenience of not having to pack up again!

Stalking paid off before the waitlists could! I had a 2-night reservation (AKV Value studio), but ended up getting invited to a wedding, so was going to arrive 5 days earlier. Initially I was worried I'd have to make a 4-way split stay (not ideal) or pay cash (also not ideal). Was excited to get it down to 3 (Kidani-Sav, Jambo-Standard, Jambo-Value), with some pieced together days and waitlists to hopefully get it down to 2. I set up waitlists, but I continued to stalk and check the site, and was able to get the nights I needed before they even came thru on the waitlist! And I was able to eventually get it down to a single stay - woohoo. I lost the cheaper value studio room, but I think the extra points will make up for the convenience of not having to pack up again!

Awesome! Congrats!

Did you call MS first to verify that your waitlists didnt match before you cancelled them?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!