Stalking Fatigue- anyone else?

Does anyone have an idea of how long it takes after a WL has matched for it to show up on your DVC dashboard? Would it take days? I've noticed several people mentioned calling and being surprised that their WL had matched. Maybe I'm lucky and just don't know it? I have not bothered calling MS.

Your dashboard will be no indicator of a match, unfortunately. I believe that method of confirmation has changed. So until you get an email or verbal confirmation from MS, the dashboard won't be a helpful indicator of a match. Try the chat feature, rather than calling, to see if your WL has matched. It's a much faster response (even though I often don't like the response- "sorry, the system is still searching for a match" or "your waitlist is still active" or, what they really want to say, "lady, you're nuts, stop bothering us about waitlists" lolll)

Does anyone have an idea of how long it takes after a WL has matched for it to show up on your DVC dashboard? Would it take days? I've noticed several people mentioned calling and being surprised that their WL had matched. Maybe I'm lucky and just don't know it? I have not bothered calling MS.

I actually discovered today that I had a matched waitlist when I called in to add magical express to a reservation. I asked the cast member on the phone this question, and he said normally someone gets to it within 24 hours of matching, though he thought it may take longer on the weekend. Based on experience from the past few years, however, I'm not sure I believe him.

Your dashboard will be no indicator of a match, unfortunately. I believe that method of confirmation has changed. So until you get an email or verbal confirmation from MS, the dashboard won't be a helpful indicator of a match. Try the chat feature, rather than calling, to see if your WL has matched. It's a much faster response (even though I often don't like the response- "sorry, the system is still searching for a match" or "your waitlist is still active" or, what they really want to say, "lady, you're nuts, stop bothering us about waitlists" lolll)

Thank you! I have never used the chat function but will definitely give it a try. Trying to think of proper wording.

"Good morning, can you please tell me if my waitlist for 2/16/19 has gone through? "
"Ahem, excuse me, can you check on my waitlist?"
"For the LOVE, tell me I got that 1BR SV at Kidani in February!" (<<<most likely) 😄

Shoot! I missed it. Thank you though! I was able to get 2 nights at Kidani in a SV 1BR, so just need the night of the 16th to open up. Fingers crossed!
15th and 16th both currently available in a standard poly studio! I know you likely won’t see this again in time but worth the shot!

How often have you checked in with the chat feature? Just wondering how long until they turn that functionality off on my account. ;-) Soon, when people ask about hobbies, I'll include stalking the RAT.

How often have you checked in with the chat feature? Just wondering how long until they turn that functionality off on my account. ;-) Soon, when people ask about hobbies, I'll include stalking the RAT.

Well, I try to check in via chat once a week (ok, occasionally, twice a week if I'm feeling particularly desperate that week, haha!)

I just tried calling to see if I was one of those lucky people who just happen to have the WL filled AT THAT MOMENT. No go, I'm not even sure she checked my account. But she did give me a 4 min (in o n e l o n g breath) lesson on wait list and holding points, Such as if I booked a one bedroom but really wanted a studio. I'm trying to go from 2 bedroom SSR to 2 bedroom BLT, no mention at all of downsizing, that's why I'm not sure she even looked at my account. I've been on the wait list since the 7 month window. We are now at just over 2 months window. I have them set at 7 days before.

15th and 16th both currently available in a standard poly studio! I know you likely won’t see this again in time but worth the shot!
I just snagged it! It had disappeared by the time I saw your post yesterday afternoon, but checked again this morning and was able to book it! Yay! I've waitlisted the night of 2/14, so fingers crossed! It seems like the 14th has been more available than the 16th, so hoping that we can get lucky. Thanks!

I just snagged it! It had disappeared by the time I saw your post yesterday afternoon, but checked again this morning and was able to book it! Yay! I've waitlisted the night of 2/14, so fingers crossed! It seems like the 14th has been more available than the 16th, so hoping that we can get lucky. Thanks!

Yahoo! Congrats! Hope you get the 14th :D

Wow, you've got stalking magic! pixiedust: Can you keep your eye out for BRV studio 12/3/19, lol :D

That’s great! Saw it pop open a couple times and was thinking of your post. Happy it worked out! If my miracle waitlist for the 2/14 and 2-15 come through for animal kingdom club level there will be a poly standard coming into inventory lol. If not we might be neighbors!

That’s great! Saw it pop open a couple times and was thinking of your post. Happy it worked out! If my miracle waitlist for the 2/14 and 2-15 come through for animal kingdom club level there will be a poly standard coming into inventory lol. If not we might be neighbors!
I released a 1BR SV at Kidani this morning for those dates. Not club level unfortunately...

Hi everyone! Just a reminder that we do not allow the posting of availability since it changes so often. This would include posting what might be seen while stalking the website for oneself. We also don’t allow posting of cancellations for the same reasons. Posts of this nature will be deleted.

Thank you all for understanding!

Leaving tomorrow, moved from leaving today. Still unhealthy stalking September 13 GFV dedicated standard two bedroom (have a lock off the last night) still have some hope it may come through. September 12 available hopefully it will be available, Ill see it or my WL picks it up and I wont have to move. Still needing the luck!

Just wanted to come back with an update that I stalked up until the day before I had to check out for my dedicated two bedroom at GFVs on September 13 and also checked with the GFV concierge whenever they weren't busy but it was a no go. We had to move on our last night. Checking in/out was seamless and easy and we did have fridge items but bell services were quick picking up and bringing back to us. I personally wouldn't want to do a split stay and have to unpack, pack and unpack again but that's just me. We left the room at 11 am, went to MK, heading out about 3:15 pm and got a text on our way out our room was ready (down the hall from where we were originally). It was fine, it would have been better on our first night, not last but it was pretty easy as you all say.

Back to planning for next year and good luck to all those that are still looking.

Love the thread, hate the club!

Last edited:
Just wanted to come back with an update that I stalked up until the day before I had to check out for my dedicated two bedroom at GFVs on September 13 and also checked with the GFV concierge whenever they weren't busy but it was a no go. We had to move on our last night. Checking in/out was seamless and easy and we did have fridge items but bell services were quick picking up and bringing back to us. I personally wouldn't want to do a split stay and have to unpack, pack and unpack again but that's just me. We left the room at 11 am, went to MK, heading out about 3:15 pm and got a text on our way out our room was ready (down the hall from where we were originally). It was fine, it would have been better on our first night, not last but it was pretty easy as you all say.

Back to planning for next year and good luck to all those that are still looking.

Love the thread, hate the club!

Welcome back! I feel the same way about split stays; it's just not for us. We like to unpack, settle in, and stay put. But I'm glad to hear the move (of you and your things) was seamless.

Thanks for your continued support of the "club" that everyone loves to hate, lol! :grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!