Stalking Fatigue- anyone else?

Did you coordinate in public? (Could other members see your plan)? I’m only asking because I did something similar with a 1 br value at AK and I was able to scoop it up immediately.

I think sometimes WL will scoop up a reservation immediately and other times it doesn't (just based on my own experience of WL and stalking). I've had success with both methods. Anything is possible... I snagged two nights at VGF in December last year 2 months out! It happened to be for the exact two days I had booked elsewhere.

Did you coordinate in public? (Could other members see your plan)? I’m only asking because I did something similar with a 1 br value at AK and I was able to scoop it up immediately.

Oh, that's great that it worked out for you! :) We actually exchanged PMs...she was really nice...I was very grateful that she was willing to coordinate, but unfortunately (but fortunate for whomever got the days!) the waitlist scooped them up. My screen went really wonky, like it was going to let me grab them, but then when I went to book them, they were gone. I was so bummed. So I ended up just continuing my stalking. I've done ok, thankfully, considering it's a busy time of year for DVC (beginning of December)...just one more day to go! :surfweb:

After stalking to get SSR for Veterans Day (sunday-tuesday) I was pleased to just have a DVC room. I kept my waitlist for AKV Jambo (even though EVERYONE said it wasn't likely to come through, I should pick Kidani, or a bigger resort...). I'd actually forgotten about it altogether, as we have a bigger trip coming up in 12 days.

Last night, 91 days out, I got my Jambo house waitlist! Two nights on a long weekend! I'm amazed!

T
After stalking to get SSR for Veterans Day (sunday-tuesday) I was pleased to just have a DVC room. I kept my waitlist for AKV Jambo (even though EVERYONE said it wasn't likely to come through, I should pick Kidani, or a bigger resort...). I'd actually forgotten about it altogether, as we have a bigger trip coming up in 12 days.

Last night, 91 days out, I got my Jambo house waitlist! Two nights on a long weekend! I'm amazed!
That is awesome. I am still staking and waiting. I actually decided to crunch some point numbers and added a one bedroom as a possibility for my missing night after I saw two pop-up as available this weekend. I should have grabbed one when I had the chance. Nov 1st is a tough date to get.

Last edited:

My stalking succeeded over waitlist. I had a studio at BLT for Dec 14 (lake view) and Dec 15 (standard). Had waitlisted the 15th for lakeview because I thought for sure standard would be really hard. Anyways checked today on a whim and DEC 15th was there. Scooped it up and there is still one available. So now don’t have to change rooms yay!!

My stalking succeeded over waitlist. I had a studio at BLT for Dec 14 (lake view) and Dec 15 (standard). Had waitlisted the 15th for lakeview because I thought for sure standard would be really hard. Anyways checked today on a whim and DEC 15th was there. Scooped it up and there is still one available. So now don’t have to change rooms yay!!

Great news! 🥳

Wow, the 14th is what I am looking for, at Kidani! Good for you!

I have a BWV garden studio Feb 29 - march 5th
I am going to cancel soon -I thought I would post first and see if anybody
was looking for it -we can try and coordinate when i cancel
Dont know if that would work or allowed on boards ...anyway let me know

I was stalking, but noticed a sudden opening up at Kidani for studio for our dates for our family. So, I called and now have the four nights, Savannah studio, just what I wanted for them. This is for December and I began trying for this only 2-3 weeks ago!!

Isn't it comforting after that constant stalking disappointment ,when everything falls into place !
Congratulations ! :flower1:

Congrats to all that have had their success this past week. I was away at our TS in HHI but still stalked the entire week (but not as good as I can do with refresh at work) but still looking for a dedicated two bedroom at GFVs for our last night, September 13 (we have a lock off for our last night).

I am 15 days out. At what point do I need to call to check availability instead of stalking continually at work and home.

Thanks.

So excited! Have been stalking for weeks for nights in Oct at AKL Kidani Savanna view room. Just got the 1st - 3 nights of our stay there and wait-listed the rest. Have the last 3 nights at SSR and totally fine with staying there, just would prefer not to move. Really wanted our grown DD to stay at AKL with us this trip.

Congrats to all that have had their success this past week. I was away at our TS in HHI but still stalked the entire week (but not as good as I can do with refresh at work) but still looking for a dedicated two bedroom at GFVs for our last night, September 13 (we have a lock off for our last night).

I am 15 days out. At what point do I need to call to check availability instead of stalking continually at work and home.

Thanks.

Ugh...I was hoping that you would've gotten that night by now 😔 Really hope it comes through for you.

Thanks.
I’ve never called to check availability. I think you’ll have just as much luck checking online (plus less of a headache). 🤞🏻 for you!

Ugh...I was hoping that you would've gotten that night by now 😔 Really hope it comes through for you.
Thank you so much! Still holding a little hope, can't give up but so depressing LOL

I’ve never called to check availability. I think you’ll have just as much luck checking online (plus less of a headache). 🤞🏻 for you!
Thank you. I will keep checking online even during my vacation OMG :(

Thank you both for being there for me during this trying time LOL

Thanks.

Any good news yet?

Any good news yet?

Nope :( but thanks for asking :)

I do automatic refresh at work, 8 hours a day, 5 days a week and then unhealthy check at home and did so last week during vacation at HHI. It's first thing I do in the morning and last at night. Keeping the faith and send me some pixie dust please LOL
12 days to go!

Nope :( but thanks for asking :)

I do automatic refresh at work, 8 hours a day, 5 days a week and then unhealthy check at home and did so last week during vacation at HHI. It's first thing I do in the morning and last at night. Keeping the faith and send me some pixie dust please LOL
12 days to go!

That's a bummer to hear. Very frustrating. I'm sure you have, but have you tried the chat feature to check if WL came through? I find it so much easier (and faster) than calling to check. And if nothing else, they give me (maybe false?) hope.

So, was hoping to get some advice via stalking/waitlist/give up. I'm still new to DVC and actually haven't had a chance to stay on my own points before! Normally I plan trips far in advance, however, I just found out I'm invited to my friends' wedding two days before my trip was originally planned (in Orlando), so now I'm rearranging things. This is the last week of February, including Mardi Gras.

Previous plan - arrive Thursday, stay Thurs/Fri in AKV Jambo Value Studio, grabbed at the 11 month mark. Leave Saturday morning on cruise.
New plan - arrive Saturday/Sunday, whole week in Orlando, including wedding on Tuesday. Still do cruise leaving Saturday morning.

Trying to decide what to do about the hotel though. The ideal would be if I could modify my existing reservation up by a few days, but I know that is very doubtful considering how in-demand those rooms types are. Should I even attempt a waitlist on the rooms? And if so, should I do it day-by-day backwards from Wednesday night. I'm ok doing a split stay, but would prefer just 1 move, not multiple.

Added complication - the new weekend I would arrive is Princess Half-Marathon. So no DVC studio availability for Saturday anywhere. I could piece together nights for Sunday - Thursday, but it would involve 4 different rooms between 2 different resorts and just be a PITA!

Anyways, that's a lot of word vomit, so if you have any tips or thoughts, I'd appreciate it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!