Stalking Fatigue- anyone else?

Thanks for the heads up. So, if I don't get an email and the WL is still showing on the dashboard, calling in periodically might be the only way to know for sure if it matched? Before all of the online changes, the WL would just disappear which indicated a match had likely happened and MS could confirm. Perhaps this has changed then?

Yes, I believe that's correct. Your dashboard is no longer an indicator of a WL match (in that the WL disappears from the dashboard). Others can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe I read that this is a fairly recent change. So unless you receive an email from MS confirming the WL was matched and/or call MS and they confirm the match, I don't believe the dashboard will give you any information other than your WL is probably still "active" (or if pixie dust has its way, they are working on finalizing your WL and they just haven't cleared it from your dashboard! I like this possibility much better, haha).

Yes, I believe that's correct. Your dashboard is no longer an indicator of a WL match (in that the WL disappears from the dashboard). Others can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe I read that this is a fairly recent change. So unless you receive an email from MS confirming the WL was matched and/or call MS and they confirm the match, I don't believe the dashboard will give you any information other than your WL is probably still "active" (or if pixie dust has its way, they are working on finalizing your WL and they just haven't cleared it from your dashboard! I like this possibility much better, haha).
Thank you! I guess I’ll be stalking MS now too😜

I ended up booking a 1 bedroom and wait listing the others and while i was calling this morning to complain I was sitting
at my computer BCV had my days
but by the time I cancelled the 1 br to free my points it was gone and my wait list didn't grab it either
I edited my post above after the call -she told me when it did not let me use my 2020 points I should have borrowed the 2021
points and then had them fix it - Didn't realize they would do that I thought they would turn into 2020 points and screw my account for next year -
Live and learn ----- Now I fear my stalking Fatigue has turned into a crazy time consuming obsession !
Next time just modify your existing reservation instead of canceling to free up the points. Unless it was multiple reservations you’re adding a step by canceling first. If you modify your existing reservation then the points are available immediately anyway. I wouldn’t borrow points as it would then be up to the CM to return the points for you. The official DVC rules are borrowing is final, not a situation I would want to be put in.

For others of you that have had stalking success, can you share the circumstances under which your stalking was successful?

I closed on my Bay Lake Tower DVC membership 8-months from the January marathon. Not surprisingly, I couldn’t book a solid week.

I cobbled together 6 of the 7 days, one at a time over a 3-week period. I made a waitlist for the final missing day (a Saturday).

A Saturday studio popped up at the Poly and I was going to settle for a split stay. I needed a few more points than I owned and called in to purchase one-time-use points.

The service agent mentioned off hand that my waitlist had been fulfilled and asked if the new Poly booking should replace that.

I obviously took the waitlist to complete my BLT stay. However, I wonder what would have happened if I didn’t call. I was not notified that my waitlist was successful and it didn’t show up online. Maybe it would have gone to the next person if I had not been on the phone and lucky.

I have a love/hate relationship with stalking, but honestly think it’s necessary. I had 21 points in holding and was looking to change a studio at CCV to a 1 bd to use them up, just 1 night Aug 31 post cruise.

Had a WL set up and just this morning snagged the night I wanted. Just out of curiosity I checked the night again & it was still showing available, so at least TWO rooms were released into inventory and my WL didn’t pick it up...

I have a love/hate relationship with stalking, but honestly think it’s necessary. I had 21 points in holding and was looking to change a studio at CCV to a 1 bd to use them up, just 1 night Aug 31 post cruise.

Had a WL set up and just this morning snagged the night I wanted. Just out of curiosity I checked the night again & it was still showing available, so at least TWO rooms were released into inventory and my WL didn’t pick it up...

Wow, but SOO great for you! Enjoy your cruise and your stay at CCV! Still have my auto refresh going all day at work and check all night while home. Leaving next week for vacation and would LOVE to be done with this!!!

Congrats again!

Wow, that's super frustrating that the WL didn't pick up the night for you. The 'set-it and forget-it' clearly fails in some instances. I wish I knew why. I'm glad your stalking paid off in any event.

Wow, but SOO great for you! Enjoy your cruise and your stay at CCV! Still have my auto refresh going all day at work and check all night while home. Leaving next week for vacation and would LOVE to be done with this!!!

Congrats again!
Every time I stalk I check for your VGF 2bd dedicated. Still no luck 😕

Every time I stalk I check for your VGF 2bd dedicated. Still no luck 😕

awww, THANK YOU SO SO MUCH. Remember we were doing that in December for each other? Do you still have my cell LOL If so, PLEASE text me if it's at night and I don't see (or even during day). At work my autofresh is on and on the side of my screen I watch it ALL. FLIPPIN.DAY!

Last edited:
Next time just modify your existing reservation instead of canceling to free up the points. Unless it was multiple reservations you’re adding a step by canceling first. If you modify your existing reservation then the points are available immediately anyway. I wouldn’t borrow points as it would then be up to the CM to return the points for you. The official DVC rules are borrowing is final, not a situation I would want to be put in.
I figured that modify thing out now ,I just haven't had to try s.......o hard in the past - so wasn't aware
but as far as them felling me I should have borrowed the 2021 points ,and they would have fixed it -
the next person might say tough luck

MODIFY DONT CANCEL RESERVATIONS
WAIT LIST ONLY CHECKS A FEW TIMES A DAY - So still check whenever possible 7 -8 am is best
MODIFYING MY WAIT LIST PUTS ME FURTHER DOWN THE LIST even if it is less or easier days

The service agent mentioned off hand that my waitlist had been fulfilled and asked if the new Poly booking should replace that.

I obviously took the waitlist to complete my BLT stay. However, I wonder what would have happened if I didn’t call. I was not notified that my waitlist was successful and it didn’t show up online. Maybe it would have gone to the next person if I had not been on the phone and lucky.

There can be a SIGNIFICANT delay in when a waitlist matches and a CM physically books the reservation. I tested this theory about a year ago when the WL still would disappear from the Dashboard indicating it had been matched. I finally gave up after 3 weeks and called to have the WL that matched, booked.

Now that the WL doesn't disappear from the Dashboard I have probably cancelled many without calling first to see if it had matched. I found this out by calling about a June 2019 visit to try to move around a reservation when CM advised the WL had matched for that trip and just as recently as last week for a June 2020 reservation.

The Thursday before the Friday (Friday, September 13) that I need just became available. Maybe someone is putting back days slowly LOL and my Friday will also appear?? Hoping for a miracle and pixie dust LOL

awww, THANK YOU SO SO MUCH. Remember we were doing that in January for each other? Do you still have my cell LOL If so, PLEASE text me if it's at night and I don't see (or even during day). At work my autofresh is on and on the side of my screen I watch it ALL. FLIPPIN.DAY!
I do still have it & remember vividly the December spent stalking 😂

Hey guys , So my ultimate goal has been BCV studio but the BWV pool studio has been the most likely to get
I have a 1 bedroom booked BWV as a back-up and wait listed the others
So I saw most of my days i needed at the BWV studio with 1 day missing on the 1st of March ,
so I called to buy a few 1 x use year points so I could book the days that where there without canceling anything
and figured i would just wait list the 1 day so brain fart - I wouldn't be able to continue to book the 2nd - 5th today because I am in the 7 month window
well anywho during that call when she was smack in the middle of the unfortunately talk to remind me of me that -----My wait list for BWV studio came threw !!

And wait for it - A few minutes after the call ,I was checking out how my points balance ended up
and when I refreshed the screen the BCV studio was available for my days - the wait list didn't grab it
but since I had just cancelled the 1br BWV click click and it was mine !
Yahoo !! :dance3:
Bad luck - Dumb moves - Not always the brightest Member service person and a Flawed booking system
But there is still some Disney Magic trickling threw the cracks !
So My Feb plan is complete !
Feb 20-28 BLT lake View studio
Feb 29 -march 4th BCV studio
March 5-10 Fort Wilderness

I do still have it & remember vividly the December spent stalking 😂

LOL okay, please if you see it, no matter what time of day it is, please text me! Thank you :)

Hey guys , So my ultimate goal has been BCV studio but the BWV pool studio has been the most likely to get
I have a 1 bedroom booked BWV as a back-up and wait listed the others
So I saw most of my days i needed at the BWV studio with 1 day missing on the 1st of March ,
so I called to buy a few 1 x use year points so I could book the days that where there without canceling anything
and figured i would just wait list the 1 day so brain fart - I wouldn't be able to continue to book the 2nd - 5th today because I am in the 7 month window
well anywho during that call when she was smack in the middle of the unfortunately talk to remind me of me that -----My wait list for BWV studio came threw !!

And wait for it - A few minutes after the call ,I was checking out how my points balance ended up
and when I refreshed the screen the BCV studio was available for my days - the wait list didn't grab it
but since I had just cancelled the 1br BWV click click and it was mine !
Yahoo !! :dance3:
Bad luck - Dumb moves - Not always the brightest Member service person and a Flawed booking system
But there is still some Disney Magic trickling threw the cracks !
So My Feb plan is complete !
Feb 20-28 BLT lake View studio
Feb 29 -march 4th BCV studio
March 5-10 Fort Wilderness
Wow! Congratulations!!! That is wonderful
I'm so desperate, after reading your post, I'm on hold waiting for MS to answer just to ask if they can check my WL LOL

Update:
......no luck for me :(

I
Update:
......no luck for me :(
I am sorry ,
Just keep trying if you dont see it 1st off in the morning it seems to be a big shift around noon (my time Central Standard )
Not sure where you are from .
Not sure why but noticed it a few times this week and my WL went threw around then and immediately after I found my other stay .

Semi stalking win...I did have to move my dates from what I had waitlisted, but managed to get 4 nights in a BCV studio and 3 nights in a BLT studio for the week before Christmas. I was trying to do BLT first, but saw 3 nights together at the end of my trip I had to grab it. I grabbed the BCV nights one at a time. Super excited, I did not think that I would be able to get exactly what I wanted when I got my points 2 weeks ago!

Good for you !
Hey you got your trip covered , and you can always WL and keep an eye out
I almost always do a split stay between BLT and BCV - Love not doing buses
:)

Guys, one of my WLs fulfilled!!! :cheer2: I am so happy right now! I woke up feeling particularly lucky today 🍀...haha...so I started a chat with MS and asked if either of my waitlists had been fulfilled, and she said YES, and to call MS to confirm! Can't lie, my eyes were a little misty, lol. I called MS and asked the CM, "out of curiosity, when did my WL actually match?" She said this morning at 7:55am. I was stalking all this morning, so I'm glad to report that the WL actually worked (this time, ha). So I have one more night to stalk/waitlist and my week will be complete. Good luck to you all that are stalking/waitlisting, keep the faith! :grouphug:

Little by little, I am trying to piece together a studio for four nights at Kidani in December for DS & DGD. They at least have a room for each night ( the Saturday was actually lost at one time) , but they are moving twice and are at SSR one night.
This stay was first asked of us on Monday .... so I am thrilled they have a place each night!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!