Stalking Fatigue- anyone else?

I'm so exhausted from it. I was in Italy when our home booking window opened on a Sunday so I wasnt able to do it that day. I went to book a 2 BR standard on the Tuesday 2 of my 6 nights were unavailable. I WL both nights separately and have been stalking since April and nothing has moved at all.

I stalk because I have three upcoming stays, only single days before cruises. Unfortunately, we can only have two waitlists.:(

Sounds like me. I was thinking of adding a late October cruise, but won’t book unless I can get Friday November 1 for that night. I know, probably the hardest day to get the whole year. I’ve tried every level room. Been stalking about a month now.

I managed to get everything I've wanted through stalking. Most recently I moved from a 1-bdrm standard at kidani to a 1-bdrm savanna at jambo to a 1-bdrm savanna at kidani. I've in the past wrangled BWV and BLT at four months out for Dec trips, usually getting 2-4 nights in a block then hunting down the extra 1-2 with stalking. I enjoy it.

I may be singing a different song this year when I'm trying to stalk some larger reservations for a bigger group!

I’d finally had enough & cancelled our CCV & BCV Dec 30-1. I booked us a Cars suite at AoA for $612/night (I was NOT paying for the little that was left for cash on a room that could sleep 6 at a deluxe - those prices are insane).

I took the 165 points those 2 nights freed up & booked a 1 bd at CCV Aug 1-7 for my boys’ birthday instead of the studio we had at SSR. We <3 1bds even when just us 4.

Havent been on this thread in a while and just saw you gave up! I get it, I wouldnt want to move three times either, especially since its your moms first trip. But, I was hoping we could keep encouraging each other with our stalking but you are done, lucky you and you have another trip you were able to plan! Fabulous!

Im still sadly waiting for September 13 in a dedicated two bedroom at GFVs, instead of my last night in a lock off. Im doing my auto refresh all day at work and constantly checking at home. Still hopeful. Hope it ends soon though lol

Last edited:

I’d finally had enough & cancelled our CCV & BCV Dec 30-1. I booked us a Cars suite at AoA for $612/night (I was NOT paying for the little that was left for cash on a room that could sleep 6 at a deluxe - those prices are insane).

I took the 165 points those 2 nights freed up & booked a 1 bd at CCV Aug 1-7 for my boys’ birthday instead of the studio we had at SSR. We <3 1bds even when just us 4.

I don't blame you. It must feel nice to have your plans in place and to leave stalking behind! And now you have 2 trips! Perfect!

Havent been on this thread in a while and just saw you gave up! I get it, I wouldnt want to move three times either, especially since its your moms first trip. But, I was hoping we could keep encouraging each other with our stalking but you are done, lucky you and you have another trip you were able to plan! Fabulous!

Im still sadly waiting for September 13 in a dedicated two bedroom at GFVs, i stead of my last night in a lock off. Im doing my auto refresh all day at work and constantly checking at home. Still hopeful. Hope it ends soon though lol
I was thinking of you when I wrote the above. Still looking for a VGF 2 bd? You have way more perseverance than me :worship:

I don't blame you. It must feel nice to have your plans in place and to leave stalking behind! And now you have 2 trips! Perfect!
It does feel great! That’s the only limitation to DVC - any little change & you have to put in a lot of effort to get what you want.

Now that I think about it, it reminds me of the free dining hunt I used to participate in :sad2:

I managed to get everything I've wanted through stalking. Most recently I moved from a 1-bdrm standard at kidani to a 1-bdrm savanna at jambo to a 1-bdrm savanna at kidani. I've in the past wrangled BWV and BLT at four months out for Dec trips, usually getting 2-4 nights in a block then hunting down the extra 1-2 with stalking. I enjoy it.

I may be singing a different song this year when I'm trying to stalk some larger reservations for a bigger group!

Congrats! I manage to get my ressies by stalking vs WL too. Good luck to us!

I'm still on a mission. Overall, I've been stalking since February. Crazy, right? No? I knew you all would understand, lol. I managed to get 5 nights by stalking. Still need 2 nights. I'm going to have two, permanently pointed index and middle fingers from clicking on my mouse day :rotfl2:

It does feel great! That’s the only limitation to DVC - any little change & you have to put in a lot of effort to get what you want.

Now that I think about it, it reminds me of the free dining hunt I used to participate in :sad2:

Omg! This is so me! Before DVC, we were part of the free dining frenzy, as well. So funny...

I was thinking of you when I wrote the above. Still looking for a VGF 2 bd? You have way more perseverance than me :worship:

If someone would just switch plans I could make two families happy with a studio and a one bedroom and just take the dedicated lol. So annoying and SO DONE with it but I am not giving up!

I'm still on a mission. Overall, I've been stalking since February. Crazy, right? No? I knew you all would understand, lol. I managed to get 5 nights by stalking. Still need 2 nights. I'm going to have two, permanently pointed index and middle fingers from clicking on my mouse day :rotfl2:

Just wait. Madame, others and I have had stalking dreams. REALLY.

Let us know when you start dreaming you are clicking your mouse and searching for those one or two dates. Unfortunately, it will happen lol

We're fairly new to DVC so this stalking thing is new to me as well. I had no idea! But, honestly, I'm a bit inspired. Booked the wrong dates for Thanksgiving (11/21-11/24). :( I've waitlisted OKW and SSR. Didn't realize stalking could actually pan out so I'm ready to give that a try! To add to the pressure--I'd like to know something for sure by the end of August--my daughter is going then and we'll upgrade her tickets to an AP if we go at Thanksgiving. No point in upgrading if we won't be able to go. I'm sure I'll be joining the "fatigued" group shortly. But for now...thanks for the inspiration! :yay:

We're fairly new to DVC so this stalking thing is new to me as well. I had no idea! But, honestly, I'm a bit inspired. Booked the wrong dates for Thanksgiving (11/21-11/24). :( I've waitlisted OKW and SSR. Didn't realize stalking could actually pan out so I'm ready to give that a try! To add to the pressure--I'd like to know something for sure by the end of August--my daughter is going then and we'll upgrade her tickets to an AP if we go at Thanksgiving. No point in upgrading if we won't be able to go. I'm sure I'll be joining the "fatigued" group shortly. But for now...thanks for the inspiration! :yay:

Welcome to the booked the wrong dates team, lol! We're a team of 2, haha...I did the exact same thing, which led me on this stalking crusade. I made a mistake as to when Thanksgiving falls this year. Don't lose hope. I haven't. I'm getting there piece by piece. I wish you luck, I hope something comes through for you! pixiedust:

I’ve been stalking at what is probably an unhealthy rate for the past two weeks for a 1 bedroom at Kidani (standard or savanna, I’ll take either at this point) for Jan 10 but there’s been no movement at all!! I have waitlists for both views and I’ve got that night booked at Jambo but it’s night 3 in a 5 night stay and I really don’t want to have to move twice in 5 nights (I’ve already got my other nights booked at Kidani). So I stalk, and I stalk, and I stalk some more.....

What is strange to me is that a 1 bedroom at Jambo for Jan 10 has popped up on the RAT on at least two occasions in the past few days but nothing for Kidani, I’d have figured Kidani would pop up more since it’s so much larger....

It took me awhile to get January 10th. I was waitlisted for copper creek walk-in in shower room, but one day it was on the RAT and didn’t fill my waitlist, but I grabbed it. I’m guessing that’s another race weekend. I’m cruising on January 11th, so needed a place to lay my head. Good luck

It took me awhile to get January 10th. I was waitlisted for copper creek walk-in in shower room, but one day it was on the RAT and didn’t fill my waitlist, but I grabbed it. I’m guessing that’s another race weekend. I’m cruising on January 11th, so needed a place to lay my head. Good luck

Thanks!! That weekend is the WDW Marathon weekend, so I definitely expected it to be crowded. The RunDisney weekends are always busy, Marathon weekend even more so.

If nothing changes and we have to jump to Jambo in the middle of our stay it's not the worst thing in the world, at least Jambo is close to Kidani so we won't have to haul our stuff all the way across WDW to another resort. We just REALLY want the 2nd bathroom that you get in the Kidani 1 bedrooms, the extra shower will come in handy since we're 3 women running 48.6 miles in 4 days (yes, we're crazy, but that's another thread topic :ccat:).

Heigh Ho, Heigh Ho, it's off to stalk I go.....

Thanks!! That weekend is the WDW Marathon weekend, so I definitely expected it to be crowded. The RunDisney weekends are always busy, Marathon weekend even more so.

If nothing changes and we have to jump to Jambo in the middle of our stay it's not the worst thing in the world, at least Jambo is close to Kidani so we won't have to haul our stuff all the way across WDW to another resort. We just REALLY want the 2nd bathroom that you get in the Kidani 1 bedrooms, the extra shower will come in handy since we're 3 women running 48.6 miles in 4 days (yes, we're crazy, but that's another thread topic :ccat:).

Heigh Ho, Heigh Ho, it's off to stalk I go.....

Good luck!

Welcome to the booked the wrong dates team, lol! We're a team of 2, haha...I did the exact same thing, which led me on this stalking crusade. I made a mistake as to when Thanksgiving falls this year. Don't lose hope. I haven't. I'm getting there piece by piece. I wish you luck, I hope something comes through for you! pixiedust:

It falls so late, doesn't it!

Oh my gosh, you guys!! Shortly after I went through the thread last night, I stalked again and TWO nights (of my 3 were available at one resort!! Woo hoo!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!