Stalking Fatigue- anyone else?

Update decided to drop the waitlist for BCV arrival night add on because of course I was stalking and a BLT standard studio came available. My daughter has always wanted to stay there. We have only been to visit my parents when they were staying a night at Bay Lake. Not doing any parks the first three days so we will be able to enjoy the hotel before we switch over. We will now be moving, but at least she will be thrilled when she comes home from school today. Maybe it will be one we really end up enjoying. I dreaded staying at Boardwalk and now I own BWV because it was amazing! Good luck to everyone stalking!

That's awesome! Hope your daughter enjoys the good news :goodvibes

I tried it once and it was more pain than i cared for. I just book a room at 11 months, if i want to change, get on the waitlist at 7 months and see what happens.

I switched to just checking once a day in the morning and today I found my WL came through! Someone must have changed plans for Thanksgiving because my WL was for BWV 1 BR G/P for T'giving day and the day after. No more split stay for this trip. I was a little nervous about how the ADRs were going to work with us moving on T'giving. No more worries. :)

I switched to just checking once a day in the morning and today I found my WL came through! Someone must have changed plans for Thanksgiving because my WL was for BWV 1 BR G/P for T'giving day and the day after. No more split stay for this trip. I was a little nervous about how the ADRs were going to work with us moving on T'giving. No more worries. :)

Nice not to have to look anymore, great news!

Congrats! I have been stalking and I mean STALKING one night, September 13 for a two bedroom Standard View at GFVs for almost two months. I have 9 nights in a 2 bedroom standard view and the last night, September 13 I have in a 2 bedroom standard lock off...gggrrrrr.. I can make two people happy getting a one bedroom and a studio, if someone just reschedules or moves their one night on September 13 for me LOL

Even when I went to book, the full two weeks were there but was always missing September 13 and I was VERY surprised when I saw the lock-off open and I grabbed it, even though I had a WL for it. I still have a WL for the 2 bedroom not lock off but stalking has always worked for me.

I wish us all luck!

Congrats! I have been stalking and I mean STALKING one night, September 13 for a two bedroom Standard View at GFVs for almost two months. I have 9 nights in a 2 bedroom standard view and the last night, September 13 I have in a 2 bedroom standard lock off...gggrrrrr.. I can make two people happy getting a one bedroom and a studio, if someone just reschedules or moves their one night on September 13 for me LOL

Even when I went to book, the full two weeks were there but was always missing September 13 and I was VERY surprised when I saw the lock-off open and I grabbed it, even though I had a WL for it. I still have a WL for the 2 bedroom not lock off but stalking has always worked for me.

I wish us all luck!

Thanks! You may still see some movement as you get closer to Sept. It seems like you should be able to get that WL filled (if not grabbed by stalking). Good luck!!

Thanks! You may still see some movement as you get closer to Sept. It seems like you should be able to get that WL filled (if not grabbed by stalking). Good luck!!

Thank you. I have not lost hope. I successfully stalked 8 nights, piecing together a BLT LV Studio during Marathon Weekend last January. I initially had the 8 nights at SSR but saw four open up at BLT, started as a split stay and for about 2 months, pieced together our full trip. I did think, though, that this one day, September 13 would end up becoming available sooner but I will continue the stalk and also hope my WL comes through. I have the room booked but hope to get the non lock off so we don't have to move for our last night.

A success story. First booking for this December started up last Monday 13th. Got my 4 nights at BWV to go with 2 at CC. But... I got confused about which banked / borrowed points would be applied. Short story I delayed and lost one those 4 nights in the middle boo boo arg.

Fast forward to today and ...I’m not exaggerating...after 20+ times per day checking. I got my middle night back to avoid moving twice. That’s only 12 days of stalking but I’m tired.

So yay...but bummed that my waitlist didn’t auto pick it up...

I wish us all luck!

Aww man...just 1 night...I'm hoping for you! pixiedust:

A success story. First booking for this December started up last Monday 13th. Got my 4 nights at BWV to go with 2 at CC. But... I got confused about which banked / borrowed points would be applied. Short story I delayed and lost one those 4 nights in the middle boo boo arg.

Fast forward to today and ...I’m not exaggerating...after 20+ times per day checking. I got my middle night back to avoid moving twice. That’s only 12 days of stalking but I’m tired.

So yay...but bummed that my waitlist didn’t auto pick it up...

Awesome! :banana:I also had some success and picked up another night yesterday- woo-hoo! I almost blank out when I see "1 night" lol...I'm so used to seeing "no rooms are available". 2 more nights to complete our trip! I can't wait to report that I got all the nights we need. Of course, by then, I'll probably be fired from my job, since I spend the day refreshing and refreshing the availability page, instead of working, lol...

I am finally stalking fatigued. Adding DM to our reservation has us needing a 2bd Dec 30-Jan 1 ~sigh~

The rest of our reservation is a 2bd at BCV & I have Dec 31 at BCV in 2 separate 1 bds. I really don’t want to change rooms 3x over NYE on my mother’s first trip. I just need 2 nights in a 2bd. I’d even take 2 1bds at BCV on the 30th, even though it’s a serious waste of points.

I’m seriously considering renting out the 2 NYE reservations at BCV & getting us an AoA suite. So over the whole stalking thing.

I am finally stalking fatigued. Adding DM to our reservation has us needing a 2bd Dec 30-Jan 1 ~sigh~

The rest of our reservation is a 2bd at BCV & I have Dec 31 at BCV in 2 separate 1 bds. I really don’t want to change rooms 3x over NYE on my mother’s first trip. I just need 2 nights in a 2bd. I’d even take 2 1bds at BCV on the 30th, even though it’s a serious waste of points.

I’m seriously considering renting out the 2 NYE reservations at BCV & getting us an AoA suite. So over the whole stalking thing.

So frustrating. :badpc: Sorry. It gets old, for sure (stalking that is). Best of luck.

It does get old - I’m currently stalking to change my studio reservation at Saratoga Nov 8 to 10 to a 2 bedroom anywhere as my group of girlfriends going for Food & Wine has grown because of word of mouth. (Little annoyed at this).

I have only one waitlist in (for a standard 2 bedroom Saratoga as I figure that is our safest bet to get as a WL) since I have a waitlist active for my husband and I to change view types for Marathon Weekend.

I’d finally had enough & cancelled our CCV & BCV Dec 30-1. I booked us a Cars suite at AoA for $612/night (I was NOT paying for the little that was left for cash on a room that could sleep 6 at a deluxe - those prices are insane).

I took the 165 points those 2 nights freed up & booked a 1 bd at CCV Aug 1-7 for my boys’ birthday instead of the studio we had at SSR. We <3 1bds even when just us 4.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!