Stalking Fatigue- anyone else?

PeterPanFan123

What if I fall? Oh,but my darling,what if you fly?
I am grateful that I have been able to grab 4 nights (non-consecutive) out of the 7 that I need by stalking...but I think I'm now afflicted with stalking fatigue...lol. I'm going on almost 3 1/2 months of nearly all-day stalking. For those of you that are in a similar situation, I completely sympathize and am with you! For others of you that have had stalking success, can you share the circumstances under which your stalking was successful? Did you have more luck just after 8am when online MS opens, and others were changing their reservations, and freeing up days? Or just after 9am when MS opens? Or did you do better stalking midday? Evening? Or...just plain luck?! Thanks in advance, from an exhausted stalker :badpc:

I have been stalking for studios in October for the days before and after our cruise on the fantasy. Nothing available. Anytime I have looked. I finally put in a waitlist for the poly. Came thru in less than a week. Decided to put in another waitlist for the poly for the other weekend. Came thru in less than a week.

I have given up stalking for this trip. Availability NEVER fluctuated. And that is odd because I have gotten some really nice reservations in the past just by stalking.

Wow, that is great news, I'm so glad the WL worked for you! We have never done a Disney cruise, but it's on our wish list! I was so close to getting the nights we needed through a fellow Disboards member that was kind enough to coordinate dropping her dates, in hopes of me picking them up as soon as she dropped them. I got a lesson in how quick WL works/is supposed to work...as soon as I clicked to reserve the dates she dropped, I got a pop-up window saying they were unavailable...so back to stalking I go!

Yep - I am trying to complete a week at BWV for Thanksgiving week. We are moving from BWV 1br to BLT studio on Thanksgiving Day and would like to just stay put or at least get a bigger studio at the Poly. But, nobody is moving around much that week so far that I can tell on the RAT. I have my two waitlists submitted, but no luck there yet. We are good either way, but would like to have a 1br or a bigger Studio (with me, DW and 2 DDs). I check in once in a while to see if a waitlist has filled or if I can catch anything open, but like you I am getting fatigued. I think we may just let it go...

Yep - I am trying to complete a week at BWV for Thanksgiving week. We are moving from BWV 1br to BLT studio on Thanksgiving Day and would like to just stay put or at least get a bigger studio at the Poly. But, nobody is moving around much that week so far that I can tell on the RAT. I have my two waitlists submitted, but no luck there yet. We are good either way, but would like to have a 1br or a bigger Studio (with me, DW and 2 DDs). I check in once in a while to see if a waitlist has filled or if I can catch anything open, but like you I am getting fatigued. I think we may just let it go...
Oh, I wish you luck...sounds like us...we are both traveling around the same time and it's slim pickings

I waitlist what I hope for and only check availability for other options periodically. And that's in part because I have a curiosity about availability. Honestly, if I were having to stalk as much as you say, well, I wouldn't.

For a tip - I think movement can happen at any time but more happens in the last 2 months, especially right around 31 days out.

I waitlist what I hope for and only check availability for other options periodically. And that's in part because I have a curiosity about availability. Honestly, if I were having to stalk as much as you say, well, I wouldn't.

For a tip - I think movement can happen at any time but more happens in the last 2 months, especially right around 31 days out.

Thanks for the tip!

Ugh, same here. I'm stalking a couple times per day hoping to find day 2 of a 4 night stay at BC at the end of August. The worst part is that my missing night coincides with a MM event, so I'm not confident that anyone is going to give up their night.

Ugh, same here. I'm stalking a couple times per day hoping to find day 2 of a 4 night stay at BC at the end of August. The worst part is that my missing night coincides with a MM event, so I'm not confident that anyone is going to give up their night.

I hope that someone changes their plans and you get your night!

I have a split say booked BCV four nights BWV three nights. We have decided to go a day early due to significantly cheaper flight prices and are currently booked that night at OKW. I have a waitlist for June 27 for BCV but I am constantly stalking. I can’t help it lol. I’m of course hoping for BCV studio to come through but unlikely so maybe Boulder Ridge or Copper Creek will open as we have never stayed there and I wouldn’t mind trying it for a night even though I don’t want to move so much.

I have a split say booked BCV four nights BWV three nights. We have decided to go a day early due to significantly cheaper flight prices and are currently booked that night at OKW. I have a waitlist for June 27 for BCV but I am constantly stalking. I can’t help it lol. I’m of course hoping for BCV studio to come through but unlikely so maybe Boulder Ridge or Copper Creek will open as we have never stayed there and I wouldn’t mind trying it for a night even though I don’t want to move so much.

Haha, I'm the same way...even though I'm pretty tired of constantly looking, I feel compelled to look all the time :surfweb:. I guess in some ways, the constant stalking has paid off, since it got us 4 nights that we wouldn't have gotten through WL. On the other hand, I just want to finalize our plans and start focusing on looking forward to our trip! I wish you luck! Let us know how you end up making out!

I stalked recently right at 8am and had luck after 15 minutes. I checked for days that I had waitlisted even though the waitlist should automatically be honored before offering to the general public. Not true! I could not believe my eyes...there it was, the days I had waitlisted. I checked to see if my waitlist was fulfilled...nope! So I jumped on the reservation myself! Glad I did it because right after that, nothing was available. Lesson learned to check for myself and do it myself. I will still waitlist in case it happens when I’m offline, but will not put all my faith in the system. You want something done right...you have to do it yourself, LOL!

I stalked recently right at 8am and had luck after 15 minutes. I checked for days that I had waitlisted even though the waitlist should automatically be honored before offering to the general public. Not true! I could not believe my eyes...there it was, the days I had waitlisted. I checked to see if my waitlist was fulfilled...nope! So I jumped on the reservation myself! Glad I did it because right after that, nothing was available. Lesson learned to check for myself and do it myself. I will still waitlist in case it happens when I’m offline, but will not put all my faith in the system. You want something done right...you have to do it yourself, LOL!

You must've been so happy to see your days, and to be able to grab them! I recently had 2 different MS reps tell me with certainty that the WL runs 24/7 and there is no way I could ever grab a day(s) before the WL. Which is good- in theory- if that's how it should work, but that doesn't always seem to be the case. I'm glad for you, in any event, that you fulfilled your days!

I've been stalking/waitlisting for 3 separate nights for a standard studio at BWV since 6 months out. I have not had luck stalking but the WL has picked up two of the three nights for me. Now I'm just hoping to have my last night WL filled. I'm at 36 days out right now and our last night is currently at a value studio at AKV-Jambo so it's not horrible if we have to move. I'll still be stalking up to the last day as I have noticed that there are crazy fluctuations in availability for BWV standard studios right up to the next check-in day!

Been stalking a week now for single night 1br in dec to make a split stay 3/3 or 2/4. No luck yet but it’s.....fun ? Trying ? Here’s hoping

How exactly did you check? Called in? Because that’s the only way now to know if it’s definitely not filled.

I've been stalking/waitlisting for 3 separate nights for a standard studio at BWV since 6 months out. I have not had luck stalking but the WL has picked up two of the three nights for me. Now I'm just hoping to have my last night WL filled. I'm at 36 days out right now and our last night is currently at a value studio at AKV-Jambo so it's not horrible if we have to move. I'll still be stalking up to the last day as I have noticed that there are crazy fluctuations in availability for BWV standard studios right up to the next check-in day!

Great news that the WL got almost everything you wanted! Good luck on getting your last night!

Update decided to drop the waitlist for BCV arrival night add on because of course I was stalking and a BLT standard studio came available. My daughter has always wanted to stay there. We have only been to visit my parents when they were staying a night at Bay Lake. Not doing any parks the first three days so we will be able to enjoy the hotel before we switch over. We will now be moving, but at least she will be thrilled when she comes home from school today. Maybe it will be one we really end up enjoying. I dreaded staying at Boardwalk and now I own BWV because it was amazing! Good luck to everyone stalking!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!