Stalking Fatigue- anyone else?

Hi! I'm here to keep you company. Still waiting for September 13, 2019, dedicated standard 2 bedroom at GFVs to complete our 10 night stay and it is our last night.
I have 2 bedroom standard in lock off and can make two families happy if they give me the dedicated two bedroom I would be able to give back LOL

Been obsessively stalking since April and continually stalk for 8 hours a day at work with Chrome Auto Refresh.
I do as much as I can at home too, but still waiting :(
Hoping closer to 31 days we will both get some pixie dust.

Good luck to us!

If only someone that needed that particular room was reading this! What a weight off it will be to have that last night fulfilled for you. Maybe Friday the 13th will be good luck!

I am just starting my stalking journey, haha. Well, I check Costco rental car rates 2X a day too, for a couple different trips, so now I will check DVC too. My daughter wants a birthday trip to WDW, Feb 15. I have 13th, 14th and 15th now in a studio. That's the good news.

The bad news is, It is a triple split 3 night stay, CC, BLT, and SS. Only SS is available, and of course it is weekend before Presidents day. I have more hope to get the 13th vs. the 15th, but I have WL for BLT on the 13th and 15th. I would be happy with WL BR or CC for all 3 days, but her preference is BLT for all 3. I grabbed what I could.

Realistically I am hoping to just get 2 nights in the same resort. But, February is far off and one night WL are easier to get, of course.

I am just starting my stalking journey, haha. Well, I check Costco rental car rates 2X a day too, for a couple different trips, so now I will check DVC too. My daughter wants a birthday trip to WDW, Feb 15. I have 13th, 14th and 15th now in a studio. That's the good news.

The bad news is, It is a triple split 3 night stay, CC, BLT, and SS. Only SS is available, and of course it is weekend before Presidents day. I have more hope to get the 13th vs. the 15th, but I have WL for BLT on the 13th and 15th. I would be happy with WL BR or CC for all 3 days, but her preference is BLT for all 3. I grabbed what I could.

Realistically I am hoping to just get 2 nights in the same resort. But, February is far off and one night WL are easier to get, of course.

Hi. Why don't you at least book the room all at one resort if you can and then WL the others?
As of now, SSR, standard studio is open from February 1-20.

Good luck!

If only someone that needed that particular room was reading this! What a weight off it will be to have that last night fulfilled for you. Maybe Friday the 13th will be good luck!
Thank you! I know!!! I am going away August 8 for 8 nights and I WISH I could be done with the stalking prior to leaving since it would be nice not have to do this on flippin vacation!!! I

OMG my BLT 1bdr lake view for October wait list got filled today!! Been stalking few times per day. Don't give up:cool1:

Congratulations! I am not giving up! I unhealthy stalk for a full continuous 8 hours a day Monday-Friday and as much as I can weekday evenings and all day on weekends when I can. Poor me LOL

Stalking success story. December reservation had 4 nights studio booked OKW with 5th night waitlisted. While checking for 5th night a 6th night date was available so I took it leaving me with the one night still wait listed between. Decided to check again after I finished completing the 6th night reservation and surprise 5th night was available and I took it. A quick call to member services and all 3 reservations were combined into one. Added bonus the 5 night trip became 6 😉

Thanks all for sharing your stories! I just got my points after buying resale and have been lucky to put together some dates for the week before Christmas. Now I am stalking to try to limit the hotel changes to 1 instead of 2. It's nice to know I'm not alone in my stalking!

Stalking success story. December reservation had 4 nights studio booked OKW with 5th night waitlisted. While checking for 5th night a 6th night date was available so I took it leaving me with the one night still wait listed between. Decided to check again after I finished completing the 6th night reservation and surprise 5th night was available and I took it. A quick call to member services and all 3 reservations were combined into one. Added bonus the 5 night trip became 6 😉
Wonderful news! Especially that you made your trip longer, that is always a positive LOL

Thanks all for sharing your stories! I just got my points after buying resale and have been lucky to put together some dates for the week before Christmas. Now I am stalking to try to limit the hotel changes to 1 instead of 2. It's nice to know I'm not alone in my stalking!
No, you will never be alone LOL
Good luck, although I hope I'm not here too much longer and can give a success story too :(

No, you will never be alone LOL
Good luck, although I hope I'm not here too much longer and can give a success story too :(

I hope you can find it soon! I’ve only been at it a few days and can already see how crazy it can make me!

Stalking success story: Added a night to my September trip months ago. Spending nine nights in a Boardwalk view studio, only thing available for the extra night was a pool/garden studio. WL standard and Boardwalk views. Standard came through on the WL a couple of months ago. Then I continued to occasionally stalk for Boardwalk view (never expecting to find it because BWV + F&W = o_O). I randomly checked availability this morning and there was a night in the Boardwalk view studio available! Member Services is combining my two reservations as we speak!

Stalking success story: Added a night to my September trip months ago. Spending nine nights in a Boardwalk view studio, only thing available for the extra night was a pool/garden studio. WL standard and Boardwalk views. Standard came through on the WL a couple of months ago. Then I continued to occasionally stalk for Boardwalk view (never expecting to find it because BWV + F&W = o_O). I randomly checked availability this morning and there was a night in the Boardwalk view studio available! Member Services is combining my two reservations as we speak!

Congratulations! I'm still stalking my dedicated 2 bedroom standard view at GFVs for September 13 (I have a lock off for the last of my 10 nights booked now).

I also found, by mistake LOL, a BWV studio GV room for September 10 and booked it for SW at MGM. Using it so I can walk over to MGM at 4:15 am for SW.

Congrats again!

I hope you can find it soon! I’ve only been at it a few days and can already see how crazy it can make me!

Yes, it gets you cra-cra. Wait until you have dreams about stalking and moving the mouse and clicking to look. It has happened to quite a few of us on here. Hoping this misery ends soon. I leave for another vacation on August 9 and would love to be done with this nonsense LOL

I have been stalking too...I have first night at OKW HH then following 7 nights at OKW Standard. It will likely get filled in the next 6 months, but I still stalk... With the new system "enhancements" does the waitlist still disappear from Dashboard when it matches? I have literally NEVER received an email when a match happened.

Is this a support group? I thought I had our December dates set, but BCV studios unexpectedly opened up for the last 2 days. A third date appeared so I grabbed it. Now we have SSR one night, CCV one night, and BCV 3 nights. Hoping I can at least switch that SSR night for CCV to only move once but now that I've snagged 3 BCV nights I've got the fever to stay there the whole trip.

Is this a support group? I thought I had our December dates set, but BCV studios unexpectedly opened up for the last 2 days. A third date appeared so I grabbed it. Now we have SSR one night, CCV one night, and BCV 3 nights. Hoping I can at least switch that SSR night for CCV to only move once but now that I've snagged 3 BCV nights I've got the fever to stay there the whole trip.

Haha, a support group for sure! :rotfl2:

I have been stalking too...I have first night at OKW HH then following 7 nights at OKW Standard. It will likely get filled in the next 6 months, but I still stalk... With the new system "enhancements" does the waitlist still disappear from Dashboard when it matches? I have literally NEVER received an email when a match happened.

I'm not certain, but I've heard from others that the WL stays on your dashboard until a CM finalizes the WL match.

I bet we are stalking some of the same BCV dates! I saw quite a few days open up yesterday too, but of course not the last day that I needed!

Decided late in the game to add a day, Nov 1. I have waitlisted SSR and OKW and I was able to get a ridiculously priced back-up reservation at the Contemporary. I stalk at least three times a day but I think we may be stuck at the Contemporary given the date.

I'm not the OP, but I'm for this thread being a support group LOL Although I like the members, I am hating being a part of this group LOL

I'm not certain, but I've heard from others that the WL stays on your dashboard until a CM finalizes the WL match.
Yes, you are correct. Once matched, a CM has to physically finalize.

Decided late in the game to add a day, Nov 1. I have waitlisted SSR and OKW and I was able to get a ridiculously priced back-up reservation at the Contemporary. I stalk at least three times a day but I think we may be stuck at the Contemporary given the date.
I would stalk as much as you can and put on your phone so you can do it when you are in line, waiting somewhere, etc. November 1 is a while away so you have hope. I'm still hopeful as it comes closer to my 31 day mark but not quite as optimistic as I once was for my one night stay that I have been unhealthy stalking since April but I'm keeping the faith! LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter