Stalking Fatigue- anyone else?

I have a waitlist and I've been stalking a 2 bedroom at AK Kidani for Mid-November. I had a 1 bedroom reservation, but we really wanted a 2. The weekend of our arrival I happened to catch via stalking and reserved the 2 bedroom. I added a second WL for the Monday - Saturday. I just now went on and found 4 more consecutive days (it had been holding at 3 days) so I cancelled my 1 bedroom and booked Tuesday - Saturday from stalking. So now I have a reservation for a 1 BR for Monday and a WL for a 2 bedroom for Monday. I am going to keep stalking, but I figured it's not going to hurt to have the WL as well, right? I would have kept the 1 BR but my mother just informed me she was going to try to come stay for a bit while we are there, so I now Need a second bedroom.

I stalk randomly. Whenever I think about it or my kids have taken over the TV....there is no method to my madness!

Good luck!

i had waitlisted May 26 for studio CL AKVJambo. It was in the middle of my stay. i cancelled the 25th club studio and when I did that the 26 miraculously appeared. picked them all back up. Now, i have 4 CONSECUTIVE nights in CL studio. now waitlisting a value studio for one night. I may just buy a few points from member services to book a SV studio. good luck everyone. BTW, i stalked everyday to book a value studio for my daughter. I think someone was walking their reservation and they finally reached the dates they wanted and i was able to book 5 nights for my daughter. so far, waitlist has not worked for me but stalking has.

Found myself in a pattern of borrowing for our next trip so due to availability I booked a 1 BR at BCV pre-cruise for two nights. A standard studio opened up for PVB for those dates but it would put the points I get back into holding with no way to use them in time.
On the plus side it will be our first BCV stay and another resort to check off the list, and I'm sure we'll enjoy the extra room especially since our post cruise room is a studio.

I have been stalking for a few weeks multiple times a day all day and night. I’m not even looking for highly sought after resorts or dates but, nada on WL or stalking. I just need one night to bridge a Saturday to Monday 8 night stay at OKW studio.

December 5-8 we had a AKL Kidani 2 bedroom but with a savanna view on the first and last nights and a standard on the middle night. Our waitlist for the savanna view JUST came through when we called to add the dining plan. We called rather than book online because we were hoping not to have three separate transactions for the dining plan (would have had three with MS anyway). MS said, well you have a filled wait list... We had not received a phone call nor email advising of the filled waitlist as it only became open this morning. Our SIL will be so happy not to have to change rooms and my DH is thrilled he is done with stalking, stalking and more stalking. Whooo Hooo!

December 5-8 we had a AKL Kidani 2 bedroom but with a savanna view on the first and last nights and a standard on the middle night. Our waitlist for the savanna view JUST came through when we called to add the dining plan. We called rather than book online because we were hoping not to have three separate transactions for the dining plan (would have had three with MS anyway). MS said, well you have a filled wait list... We had not received a phone call nor email advising of the filled waitlist as it only became open this morning. Our SIL will be so happy not to have to change rooms and my DH is thrilled he is done with stalking, stalking and more stalking. Whooo Hooo!

Awesome news! :cool1:

I’ve been trying to cobble together a stay a Riviera that spans both Presidents Weekend and the Princess Half. I was doing fine with a preferred view studio up until 3 days ago when the Friday before race weekend disappeared. The next day, Saturday was gone. Yesterday, both Friday and Saturday opened up and I grabbed them. Today, I managed to get the Sunday to complete race weekend!

FYI.... A bunch of availability JUST opened up at Kidani for October, November, and December.
I read a post from someone saying one of the days they were stalking at another resort came open today, so I went and checked and I got my final day at Kidani!! There really is A Lot that has opened up there for those months, I wonder why? Thank you all for the help and the updates on your stalking as it has helped me get mine!! Woo!!!!

I read a post from someone saying one of the days they were stalking at another resort came open today, so I went and checked and I got my final day at Kidani!! There really is A Lot that has opened up there for those months, I wonder why? Thank you all for the help and the updates on your stalking as it has helped me get mine!! Woo!!!!

So happy for you! Seems to correlate to the free dining released today?

I have a 3 way split stay at Kidani, BLT, and Poly Dec 30th- Jan7th. I've been stalking to swap out a lake view studio for a theme park at BLT for Jan 1st. I was shocked to see the AK availability. I couldn't resist adding a day onto the beginning of our vacation! Now we are staying Dec 29th- Jan 7th. This will be our longest Disney vacation yet! SO EXCITED!!!!

Now back to stalking for Jan 1st (not going to happen but a girl can wish!).

Stalking and on a waitlist for a CCV Cabin Jan. 1 - one night. It’s available to book online for cash. Are those rooms ever released for DVC bookings if they don’t sell out?
Thanks!

Stalking and on a waitlist for a CCV Cabin Jan. 1 - one night. It’s available to book online for cash. Are those rooms ever released for DVC bookings if they don’t sell out?
Thanks!

I've wondered the same thing and through my research it seemed like the answer was no.... But with all of these AKV rooms available all of a sudden I still have hope that this would be possible. I've only been a member since 2018 so maybe someone with more experience will answer?

So happy for you! Seems to correlate to the free dining released today?

I have a 3 way split stay at Kidani, BLT, and Poly Dec 30th- Jan7th. I've been stalking to swap out a lake view studio for a theme park at BLT for Jan 1st. I was shocked to see the AK availability. I couldn't resist adding a day onto the beginning of our vacation! Now we are staying Dec 29th- Jan 7th. This will be our longest Disney vacation yet! SO EXCITED!!!!

Now back to stalking for Jan 1st (not going to happen but a girl can wish!).
Maybe? I didn't realize they did that. And of course the November week is the week we are going. Maybe the opening dates for RIse of Resistance will hold some people off this year. All I know is that it HAS to be better than being there at Christmas! I did that 2 years ago and I was NOT prepared for the crowds. Hence me doing my research this time. LOL!
That is AWESOME! Plenty of time to fit in whatever you want to do AND have time to relax! Have a Fantastic trip!!

FYI.... A bunch of availability JUST opened up at Kidani for October, November, and December.

A MILLION thanks for pointing this out!! I was able to get my missing night at Kidani (1-bedroom Std View) for January and now my running buddies and I won't have to move rooms twice in 5 days!! :jumping1:

Now if my one missing day at Boardwalk Villas for February would open up.....

Thanks tons for the notification! It doesn’t appear my waitlist picked it up. At least not showing yet...
and yes I missed it.
:sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter