• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

SSR suggestion.....????

mlacreta

Mouseketeer
I am about to book our first trip to SSR for about 2 weeks in sept. 2006. I have 4 kids who will be 7,7,4,and 1 at time of trip. Does anyone who's stayed there have any recomendations on if we should request a specific location for a two bedrm villa. close to main building for convienience...further from it so kids don't hear noise at night....etc..any info would be great! Thanks so much!!

SSR is a very quiet resort regardless of location. Some of the quietest rooms we have ever stayed in.

The Springs is the closest to the main pool and main building.

Sammie said:
SSR is a very quiet resort regardless of location. Some of the quietest rooms we have ever stayed in.

Sammie, do you think the outside corridors account for the quiet rooms? At the resort hotels, it seems like voices and childrens' laughter echo through the hallways, almost like a slight amplification. I noticed this at the Poly.
Could this explain OKW and SSR as "quiet resorts"?
I know the Values and Mods have outside corridors, but most of the noise complaints are plumbing noises and loud (if not passionate) neighbors.

Just book your villa for now. You can always call MS later to request specific locations. The more you read these boards, the more you may change your mind. We booked SSR 10 months ago and I only made a specific request 10 days ago. Room requests are not even looked at until 3-4 days before your arrival.

I would book a room in the Springs. It is the closest to the main area (with an awesome pool!). It is still across a street so there shouldn't be much noise. I'd request a water view and your balcony will be facing once of the many lakes/fountains. It's a gorgeous place!! One the the most elegant resorts at WDW.

KLEONARD said:
Sammie said:

Sammie, do you think the outside corridors account for the quiet rooms? At the resort hotels, it seems like voices and childrens' laughter echo through the hallways, almost like a slight amplification. I noticed this at the Poly.
Could this explain OKW and SSR as "quiet resorts"?
I know the Values and Mods have outside corridors, but most of the noise complaints are plumbing noises and loud (if not passionate) neighbors.

I know that the rooms being quiet was a major consideration in construction design due to the proximity to Pleasure Island and previous guests complaints when this area was the Disney Institute. Special glass was used in all the windows and doors and other sound proofing methods.

I do agree that voices seem to get caught in the hallways. Also at OKW and SSR due to the placement of the units you do not have to walk past as many doors to get to your own unit. Unlike BW or BC where if you have a unit at the end of the hall you pass many of your neighbors doorways on your way to your room.

We truly never knew we had any neighbors and the resort was sold out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter