SSR studio switching to sleeping 5 from 4

AKL/V is busses only too. I don’t think RIV will have buses to Epcot and HS when the Skyliner is active. To get to Epcot from the Grand Floridian your supposed to get to the TTC by boat to Poly, walk or Monorail around the Lagoon, get off and wait for an Epcot line monorail. I hear it takes about an hour. I’ll find out for sure in a month. I’ll take a short bus ride from SSR and OKW any day.
Like I said, it’s an observation. OKW and SSR rely completely on bus transportation to get to the theme parks. What you just outlined is that VGF has multiple modes of transportation to Epcot that do not require a bus ride. And for people who dislike the buses, that’s not a bad thing. I’ll take a 15 minute walk from VGF to the TTC to catch the Epcot monorail any time over standing on a moving bus with a stroller wheel digging into my ankle.

Yes I believe it was for the monorail but that costs too much.

Originally monorail correct, but I think they’ll use the easement to put in Skyliner pilons if they extend it which I suspect they will. Already supposed insiders have indicated it or another form of transport could go to DS.

I never found it a problem either, but it is a common complaint whether we agree with it or not.
Exactly. Regardless of whether or not that complaint is justified, it is not as broadly desirable as the other DVC properties. My hope is that, if they can satisfy a major SSR/OKW gripe such as that, it will spread the love across the properties a little more. Who knows... maybe... just maybe, help get you that 7 month booking you always seem to miss out on.

Originally monorail correct, but I think they’ll use the easement to put in Skyliner pilons if they extend it which I suspect they will. Already supposed insiders have indicated it or another form of transport could go to DS.

What is the exact text in the POS? I wouldn't be happy if they add the Skyliner to DS and make us SSR owners pay for its maintenance.

What is the exact text in the POS? I wouldn't be happy if they add the Skyliner to DS and make us SSR owners pay for its maintenance.
Sorry Z I don’t know the exact wording I’d like to, I’ll try to dig it out, but I saw a report from someone who bought direct recently and he said the guide was stressing this easement. They never mentioned it to me when I bought a direct add on in 2016.

I just added on ar SSR in June. No one mentioned anything about an easement. I know it is there but I think this is used as a sales tactic to make things look just a little better.

Building one almost finished, a friend of mine there now, interiors being finished, TVs and all furniture in etc. Super quick. My friend v impressed. Only 1 beds appear to have small under TV murphy, not studios. So appears to be an attempt to make 1 beds more desirable over studios and worth 2x the points maybe?

A bunch of preferred rooms just became available for fall 2019... hoping these are the refurbs since I just booked 4 days over Halloween/wind&dine weekend

A bunch of preferred rooms just became available for fall 2019... hoping these are the refurbs since I just booked 4 days over Halloween/wind&dine weekend
I doubt they will be allocated to specific rooms. There are just more preferred rooms now, so even though you booked after (likely) the refurb rooms were just put on the pool of preferred rooms. May be worth live chatting with member services and asking for one.

Bump.

Any word on why the points charts are still showing that 1BRs sleep 4? My understanding was that the refurb is complete and they now all sleep 5.
Not all buildings have been refurbished yet, but 4 was for cash stays 5 for DVC point stays you supply bed an linens. It should change by early summer when they finish the last few buildings. Last I heard there are 3 that have to be refurbished, with 3 currently closed getting worked on at a time.

Not all buildings have been refurbished yet, but 4 was for cash stays 5 for DVC point stays you supply bed an linens. It should change by early summer when they finish the last few buildings. Last I heard there are 3 that have to be refurbished, with 3 currently closed getting worked on at a time.
So in theory if I booked for 5 using points, they'd let me do it but I wouldn't be guaranteed one of the rooms with the 5th sleeper?

So in theory if I booked for 5 using points, they'd let me do it but I wouldn't be guaranteed one of the rooms with the 5th sleeper?

I would hope with SSR inching towards done rather than not and occupancy there nearly never at 100% that the person doing room placements would automatically look at the 5 people in the reservation and make sure you’d get a room that would sleep that many. That’s what I’m hoping for our stay in early May anyway....

I would hope with SSR inching towards done rather than not and occupancy there nearly never at 100% that the person doing room placements would automatically look at the 5 people in the reservation and make sure you’d get a room that would sleep that many. That’s what I’m hoping for our stay in early May anyway....
It’s probably done by computer and with Disney IT, I wouldn’t trust it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts