SSR studio switching to sleeping 5 from 4

The sofa bed in the 1 beds will have a chaise, not clear yet if someone could sleep on this such as a child. They really do need to find a way to put that 5th sleep surface in a 1 bed. If they'd been motivated to do so, they could have made that retained seat on that sofa bed another single bed for kids.
Not sure why the studios cannot have a single Murphy as they do at BWV and BCV? Not to do so will be a mistake simply because it will not encourage families of 5, or 4 where the kids don't like to share, to book SSR and thus not increase SSRs popularity like they need to do following the refurb.
Also looks like they are going to significantly upgrade the main building and Turf Club.

Absolutely agree on the studio at least. It would change a lot for SSR appeal IMO.

We absolutely would stay at SSR if they had a bed for a 5th person. Not because we have 5 people but because we have 1 boy, 1 girl. We ended up buying at AKL because it has the extra bed.

The sofa bed in the 1 beds will have a chaise, not clear yet if someone could sleep on this such as a child. They really do need to find a way to put that 5th sleep surface in a 1 bed. If they'd been motivated to do so, they could have made that retained seat on that sofa bed another single bed for kids.
Not sure why the studios cannot have a single Murphy as they do at BWV and BCV? Not to do so will be a mistake simply because it will not encourage families of 5, or 4 where the kids don't like to share, to book SSR and thus not increase SSRs popularity like they need to do following the refurb.
Also looks like they are going to significantly upgrade the main building and Turf Club.
I don't think they care that SSR will not attract families of 5 to stay in the studios. They added the extra studio bed at BWV, BCV and BRV to shift more of the operational cost to the DVC owners from the resorts they are connected to. There's no incentive to do that at SSR. As far as DVC is concerned, those SSR owners with 5 or more people just need to purchase more points.

They can’t have it sleep 5 because it impedes the egress required for fire code. Also, studios were never intended for 5, that was the 1 BR breakpoint. As PP said doing it at the EPCOT resorts was a cost sharing. I am a fan of 4, not 5 in studios given additional wear and tear.

They can’t have it sleep 5 because it impedes the egress required for fire code. Also, studios were never intended for 5, that was the 1 BR breakpoint. As PP said doing it at the EPCOT resorts was a cost sharing. I am a fan of 4, not 5 in studios given additional wear and tear.
I’m not sure it impedes any more than BWV, BCV and BRV’s do and they were not intended for 5 either. SSR studios are 355 sq feet BWV is 359 and BCV and BRV are 356 sq feet. BWV, BCV and BRV all sleep five with the small fold down bed. The fold down beds do not take up much more room then the dresser/TV stand does. The rooms are very similar and it appears the fold down bed should fit. I personally think DVC has stepped up their game with the SSR refurb. Some people want more color, but I’m happy with what I see. I wasn’t a fan of the green they had in SSR. CCV rooms are 338 sq feet. AKV are 365 or 366 sq feet for Jambo or Kidani, not the value rooms. What is the occupancy rating for the SSR buildings? I think occupancy is the limiting factor.

Last edited:
Early pics do show the small fold down Murphy bed in the 1 bedrooms.View attachment 426978
With this picture, can we assume that SSR 1 bds are going to 5 occupancy? That is my family (of 5s) only reservation about making the offer on our (pending) SSR resale transaction? If the refurb will sleep us in a 1 bed we will be super psyched (well, that and we pass ROFR!)

With this picture, can we assume that SSR 1 bds are going to 5 occupancy? That is my family (of 5s) only reservation about making the offer on our (pending) SSR resale transaction? If the refurb will sleep us in a 1 bed we will be super psyched (well, that and we pass ROFR!)
SSR was always 5 occupancy for a 1BR. The key was that they didn't offers BEDS for 5. It was BYOB for #5.

I was relying on the point chart for occupancy. We have 3 school age kids not pack n play age.View attachment 427033
SSR 1BRs allow 5 when booked on points by a member. But you have to bring the bed. A lot of rental agencies won't book the sleeps-5-BUT 1BRs for 5 for renters, because most people expect that Disney will provide beds up to room occupancy. But as a timeshare, not so much. Gets into the expectation issue that some have around "deluxe hotel!" vs. "timeshare unit."

1 beds for SSR are supposedly going to 5 sleep surfaces, with both the large Murphy sofabed AND the pull down Murphy under the TV. This will make SSR 1 beds very popular and will be a much needed and requested upgrade.
I suspect the studios will also have the pull down murphy but I’ve seen no definite confirmation yet. A photo appeared to show a drawer system under the TV instead so they may not, but it could be faux with the Murphy behind,

Last edited:
Can I just say that as an SSR owning family of 5 that we are super excited and loving the 1 bd refurb!

I just spent over $100 usd on an air mattress and fitted sheet so that DH could visit us in our BWV 1 bd.... then had to leave the thing there because of weight constraints 😒.

Can I just say that as an SSR owning family of 5 that we are super excited and loving the 1 bd refurb!

I just spent over $100 usd on an air mattress and fitted sheet so that DH could visit us in our BWV 1 bd.... then had to leave the thing there because of weight constraints 😒.

Right there with you 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 - hubby always says we’re not packing a bed and bedding (even though we drive and don’t fly) - haven’t stayed at our home resort SSR in 10 years!

Building one almost finished, a friend of mine there now, interiors being finished, TVs and all furniture in etc. Super quick. My friend v impressed. Only 1 beds appear to have small under TV murphy, not studios. So appears to be an attempt to make 1 beds more desirable over studios and worth 2x the points maybe?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!