SSR Renovations

Has anyone seen real pictures from a studio yet?
I've looked around and haven't seen any yet. I'm very curious to see if they figured out a way to put the little pull down bed in the studios. It has been rumored that the studios would not have that little pull down.

I've looked around and haven't seen any yet. I'm very curious to see if they figured out a way to put the little pull down bed in the studios. It has been rumored that the studios would not have that little pull down.
Hoping for the pull down in studios, too!

I wou
Hoping for the pull down in studios, too!
Noticed that 1-BR in old SSR has max occ of only 4. Anyone know if the update ups that to 5? I assume so based in Murphy bed.

I just stayed at SSR for the first time a few weeks ago. I love the look of these new rooms as compared to what we stayed in. I will stay here again with the upgraded rooms.
Yes! I agree! We just returned as well and our room was definitely well loved (worn!) These new updates appear to match the serene understated beauty of this resort DH and I love so much!

Just returned from 3 nights at SSR in Congress Park. Villas are in MAJOR need of renovation. Lots of minor problems and inconveniences in our unit, but they were closing that building the day we checked out so no need to report anything. Lots of renovations going on in the first two buildings nearest Disney Springs; we were staying in the next closest building so I imagine Congress Park will be entirely closed off soon.

FYI. For anyone who really loved the old decor, if you know any castmembers who can get you in, Cast Connections had the old SSR furniture for sale. They had horseshoe lamps from the bedroom, house lamps from living room, aqua living room chairs, yellow bedroom chairs, aqua cushioned bedroom benches. That was the end of July and I'm sure there will be more to come.

FYI. For anyone who really loved the old decor, if you know any castmembers who can get you in, Cast Connections had the old SSR furniture for sale. They had horseshoe lamps from the bedroom, house lamps from living room, aqua living room chairs, yellow bedroom chairs, aqua cushioned bedroom benches. That was the end of July and I'm sure there will be more to come.
I NEED the horse pillows that were on the old couch. I can haul them back to SSR each time we go! I also loved the horse lamps but not sure what I'd do with them...

I NEED the horse pillows that were on the old couch. I can haul them back to SSR each time we go! I also loved the horse lamps but not sure what I'd do with them...
I didn't see the horse pillows (I would've bought that too!) but they did have the horseshoe lamps.

Is Congress Park the area near the walkway to Disney Springs? I called DVC today and that area was recommended to me. Could it possibly be done by mid-September? I can't imagine them recommending an area that would be under construction.

Yes Congress Park is area closest to DS. They only work on a couple of buildings at a time, so it is possible that you could end up in an a room that has not been refurbished yet.

At least they left the little short drawers in the bathroom vanity. But the shelves are the same short shelves they put in OKW. Not deep enough for anything.

Update- first building almost finished believe it or not. All lit up on a night, many rooms fully kitted out, even TVs switched on. From through window observations it would appear that studios do not have under TV murphys, unless this looks extremely like a real chest of drawers, but 1 beds do have under TV murphys.

Update- first building almost finished believe it or not. All lit up on a night, many rooms fully kitted out, even TVs switched on. From through window observations it would appear that studios do not have under TV murphys, unless this looks extremely like a real chest of drawers, but 1 beds do have under TV murphys.
I did a search on another forum last night and saw some pictures of a 99% finished studio. I didn't want to re-post them, because they were taken by peeking in the windows. (Which seems a little sketchy and I don't want to circulate unfinished room photos.)

I agree with what you said above. It appears the studio only has only the big Couch/Murphy, not the little TV/Murphy. (I don't think that chest of drawers is a disquise.)

Just to add an little observation of my own:

The studio is those photos was decorated differently than the recently surfaced 1BR photos. It has more color, different headboard, different style art above the bed, etc. Actually, the studio looks just like the pictures that surfaced back in December, from the 2018 Condo Association Meeting. (Whereas the 1BR is totally different than those early concept photos.)

This is NOT the new studio, but from what i saw it looks just like this:

I did a search on another forum last night and saw some pictures of a 99% finished studio. I didn't want to re-post them, because they were taken by peeking in the windows. (Which seems a little sketchy and I don't want to circulate unfinished room photos.)

I agree with what you said above. It appears the studio only has only the big Couch/Murphy, not the little TV/Murphy. (I don't think that chest of drawers is a disquise.)

Just to add an little observation of my own:

The studio is those photos was decorated differently than the recently surfaced 1BR photos. It has more color, different headboard, different style art above the bed, etc. Actually, the studio looks just like the pictures that surfaced back in December, from the 2018 Condo Association Meeting. (Whereas the 1BR is totally different than those early concept photos.)

This is NOT the new studio, but from what i saw it looks just like this:
View attachment 428155

This picture isn’t correct color wise. Go over to the Dibb U.K. forum DVC section to see some photos taken through the window yesterday.

This picture isn’t correct color wise. Go over to the Dibb U.K. forum DVC section to see some photos taken through the window yesterday.
Those are the same photos/forum I was referencing.

And yes, you are correct, that picture isn’t correct color wise, it’s not the same green. (That’s why I prefaced by saying “This is NOT the new studio”) The early concept photo was a bright green whereas the new photos show a more muted sage green on an accent wall behind the bed.

I was speaking more towards the general concept looks like that picture, as opposed to this in the 1BR:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!