SSR questions

bbn1122

DIS Veteran
DH and I will be a SSR in 2 weeks. Is the boat running to DS?
We are booked in a standard 1 bedroom, what are the chances of getting a preferred villa?

What is a good Standard location? I have only stayed in Congress Park.

One last question, how busy has SSR been, Monday- Friday?

thanks 👍🏻😎

I can only answer that I enjoy the Grandstand area, building 81 and 85 are close to the Carriage House, the boat dock and the walkway to the Westside of DS.

DH and I will be a SSR in 2 weeks. Is the boat running to DS?
We are booked in a standard 1 bedroom, what are the chances of getting a preferred villa?

What is a good Standard location? I have only stayed in Congress Park.

One last question, how busy has SSR been, Monday- Friday?

thanks 👍🏻😎
If you want preferred, you need to book preferred.

If you want preferred, you need to book preferred.

Thanks for your response. The last time I stayed at the SSR I don’t recall in 2016 there being Standard and Preferred. When I booked in May I picked standard because I want to use remaining points to stay at Rivera.

My inquiry was because I was curious with construction and if the resort was not booked solid would I possibly get upgraded.

It’s all good though, a trip to WDW and some time away is what is important!

Thanks again.

The Friendship Boats resume service Nov 1 at the Epcot resorts. Possibly or rather hopefully, the others may follow suit.

If you want to be closer to DS, you could request the Paddock section and try to get a section that is on the end by Congress Park. We were staying at the Paddock once and got a room at the end of the section by Congress Park and it was awesome!! We were closer to the Congress Park bus stop that some of the Congress Park buildings.

We love the Paddock, building 8. It's actually the closest building to the carousel bus stop (the second stop on the route). I know it had just closed for refurbishment when we were there the end of September, so it may not be available. I don't know how long it takes them to complete the refurbs.

The Friendship Boats resume service Nov 1 at the Epcot resorts. Possibly or rather hopefully, the others may follow suit.
Did they have to add a temperature and security screening at DHS for the boats, or do guests need to walk around to the open ones?
(At Epcot they use the existing IG screening)

Disney Springs boat service would need temp checks at the dock or just use the dock that’s on the East side SSR walking path bridge.

I suppose there’s a chance of a preferred villa. 2 weeks ago, they assigned us a rennovated Springs studio on our Standard studio reservation. The only online request we chose was “near pool” (kinda thinking Paddock).

We were in the building farthest from Congress Park, so we drove to the Congress Park parking area and walked from there.
Our room was on the side of the building, closer to the main area, which meant no view and hearing the busses drive by ... but I rather enjoyed experiencing a rennovated room at standard points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter