SSR Non-DVC Owner Review

DeluxePrincess

DIS Veteran
We were at SSR in a 1 bedroom villa from December 22-27. We were originally booked at AOA, but received an upgrade due to overbooking. I've read some mixed reviews from DVC owners about this resort, so I wasn't exactly sure if I made the right choice for my family. I'm happy to say that we absolutely loved SSR!

I requested Congress Park and that is where we were placed. We were in room 2425 on the 4th floor, facing Downtown Disney and the quiet pool. We walked over to Downtown Disney quite a bit. That alone made SSR an awesome place to stay!

Housekeeping was wonderful. Room was always made up before we returned for our afternoon break. The room was spotless and showed no wear and tear. We loved having the full sized fridge. We bought a bunch of Mickey ice cream bars from the food court area and were able to enjoy them whenever we wanted. Did I mention the jacuzzi tub? After hours of walking in the parks, I looked forward to those nightly baths ( and a few afternoon ones too). We made use of the washer and dryer. The dryer took a bit longer than expected, but it didn't hinder our plans at all.

The reviews that made me apprehensive of SSR mention how sprawling the place is. We had a car so we never felt we were too far away from anything. However, DH and DD walked over to Carriage House from Congress Park a few times and they didn't think the walk was far at all. We rode the boat back from DTD one night and walk from the boat dock was pretty quick.

The bus service to and from MK was fantastic! We took the bus to MK instead of driving. We never waited more than 10 minutes. We always saw numerous theme park buses around the resort during the day.

We loved that SSR is so peaceful! We visited the Grand Floridian and the Contemporary one afternoon and both DH and I commented on how chaotic those resorts felt for the holidays in comparison to SSR. SSR is so laid back and relaxing. What a great place to come back to after the busy parks!

I am now very jealous of all of you SSR DVC owners! I would have no problem spending my Disney vacations at this lovely resort. Now, I just gotta talk DH into buying DVC. ;):)

Thanks for the positive review. We are staying at Saratoga in a one bedroom in March a first for us. Now I am looking forward to trying a new resort.

Thanks for taking the time to post such a positive review. Congrats on the sweet upgrade!!

We don't own at SSR (we have BLT and BCV) but we really love it there. In fact we will be there Jan 9-14. Requested Congress Park, love the view of DTD and the easy walk over.

Now that you've had a "taste" maybe you can get your DH to consider it.

Good Luck!!

We've been owners at SSR for the last 5 years and we LOVE it! We've stayed at BWV and have a stay at BCV this spring due to SWW and honestly...I will be happy to go back home to SSR in Oct and Dec! Glad to you enjoyed your stay! If you're thinking of DVC....call and ask for Todd Bearden! He's the world's BEST DVC guide!!

If you're thinking of DVC....call and ask for Todd Bearden! He's the world's BEST DVC guide!!

Thanks for the tip. Still working my magic on DH! We might take advantage of the WDW Spring discounts and where does he request to stay? SSR! Its funny because we have stayed at all of the deluxe resorts except Polynesian and Yacht Club and SSR is all he can think of. I'm letting him know how DVC would be so much more economical in the long run if SSR becomes our new fave. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter