SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

I actually just downgraded from a preferred to standard 1-bedroom, saved about $70/night. We are requesting to be near the Paddock pool anyway! :) So excited!

Is there a place to change your clothes if you arrive early and your villa isn't ready yet?

So, my only "request" really is to be able to get the room as soon as possible. I'm not sure if that is really worth noting or not. Online checkin makes me pick another request before I can designate early room is more important than other requests. I put near carriage house just to put something. What would you do? We have a regular studio for one night and will be arriving around 10 AM. Renting the points. Oh, and I would love to be near Disney Springs walk or boat. Thanks!

If they give you a place near Carriage House that will take care of near a boat. Boat dock is behind Carriage House.

My family and I will be staying at SSR for the first time in Dec ( we own at a different DVC). My husband golfs and is really excited about SSR. Is the driving range within walking distance to the main resort area? Thanks!

Hi all, we love SSR, stayed 12 nights through Disney in June 2018 in a 1 bed. Really loved the access to DS etc, and proximity to pool, bus and parking. Quick question - do you expect many rooms to be closed due to renovation next year at any given time? Just wondering whether there is likely to be any vacancies May / June 2020 from Disney direct?

Thanks

Hi all, we love SSR, stayed 12 nights through Disney in June 2018 in a 1 bed. Really loved the access to DS etc, and proximity to pool, bus and parking. Quick question - do you expect many rooms to be closed due to renovation next year at any given time? Just wondering whether there is likely to be any vacancies May / June 2020 from Disney direct?

Thanks
Disney owns roughly 3% of every resort. Will the renovation effect rooms, it will but May/June is usually not a big DVC time. I just checked the 60 day availability and SSR has lots of available 1 and 2 bedrooms still for almost all of May and June. No studios though.

Heading to SSR in a week. So sorry to hear renovations have not yet been done. Last time we were there (2016) the room was really in dire need of update. That being said, I still look forward to SSR. We requested Congress Park so fingers crossed that comes to pass!

Heading to SSR in a week. So sorry to hear renovations have not yet been done. Last time we were there (2016) the room was really in dire need of update. That being said, I still look forward to SSR. We requested Congress Park so fingers crossed that comes to pass!
Our last trip was early 2018, and the couch was so bad we could not sit on it. The room was pretty shabby. My DH only likes to stay at SSR (we are in a high rise in New Orleans so he likes the landscaping, etc.)

So we skipped this year. We were going 3 times a year (Flower and Garden, F&W, and Christmas). But I just sold my OKW, and BLT contracts so we will most likely only going once a year now. We've always gotten Congress Park when we asked for it so I hope you get it too. I love being so close to DS.

does anyone know if after the renovations if the one bedrooms will be able to accommodate 5 guests instead of only 4 like many other dvc resorts?

does anyone know if after the renovations if the one bedrooms will be able to accommodate 5 guests instead of only 4 like many other dvc resorts?

Nothing in the refurb photos indicated that would be changing. The layout is virtually identical to VWL, BCV and BWV and they did not add a 5th sleeping spot to those either.

Nothing in the refurb photos indicated that would be changing. The layout is virtually identical to VWL, BCV and BWV and they did not add a 5th sleeping spot to those either.

They didn’t add a sleeping spot, but do allow a fifth guest to be listed if you provide the bedding.

We just extended our July trip by 3 nights and are staying here in 2BR preferred before 5 nights at Grand Floridian villas. I'm so excited! My mom always says this is her favorite. We haven't been back since 2017 since with my toddler we've been staying on the monorail. We love the pools and ability to go to Disney Springs so easily!

My family and I will be staying at SSR for the first time in Dec ( we own at a different DVC). My husband golfs and is really excited about SSR. Is the driving range within walking distance to the main resort area? Thanks!

Yes. My husband loves SSR over all other DVC resorts for the golf. The club house is out the back door behind Turf Club restaurant (which is great by the way) and down stairs. We generally request a room in the Grandstand building near the pool which put us closer to the club house so he can walk back and forth. They will keep his clubs at the club house so he doesn't have to carry them back and forth each day. We have almost always gotten our building request. Check out the Sunrise 9 and Sunset 9 rates. They are quite reasonable and include food and drinks. Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter