SS benefits more good news!

tacomaranch

Tacoma Ranch home of wild mustangs! We are all on
I just found out that not only will I get benefits for the rest of my life but more important, DS will also get a check for about half of my benefits each month.

That is so important because now I can just go out and buy what he needs for ABA without fighting the state for supplies. It is a huge relief as I was getting tired of the constant fight each month to just get by.

I just wanted to share good news.

congrats! both my kids get a portion of my payment as well. i just wish the program was still set up the way it worked when i was a kid (dad had retired)-we got checks so long as we were ft attending school until age 22 (which greatly helped out with tuition). oh, well-at least they get it until they turn 19 (both mine meet the criteria age wise to get it to 19 since they won't grad. high school by 18).

just make sure to send in those forms you will get periodically to report how you spent the money (i would love to know if anyone ever reports to them 'yes i invested the money in mutual funds, stocks and securities':rotfl: ).

Is this because the kids are disabled as well? I never got anything extra for my son (I was on it when he was newborn until he was 3.5-- when I got married and was told our income was too high).

Is this because the kids are disabled as well? I never got anything extra for my son (I was on it when he was newborn until he was 3.5-- when I got married and was told our income was too high).

no, it's because (at least for me) i had enough work quarters to qualify for social security disability vs. ssi. it operates the same way as if i had not become disabled and had retired as a senior. so i don't have to worry about dh's income or how much money we have in savings-and if god forbid, something happened to me-my allotment would then go in portion to dh as well as increase the allotments to my kids.

honestly, i was surprised i had enough work quarters but i guess all those jobs i had from age 16 on, low pay-part time or whatever worked in my advantage in this regard.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter