Spur-of-the-Moment Trip

Synonymous

I know all about it, see?
Today, my wife called me at work and said "I don't want to wait until February (our scheduled trip). I want to go to Disney World now." I had one of those moments where rational thought escapes me (not uncommon). Two hours later I had plane tickets and two nights in a VWL studio for 9/28-9/30.

Boy, I love DVC. And this gives me an excuse to buy APs, since we can use them for our February trip, as well.

Assuming a price increase by February, I won't be paying any more for admission for these two trips than I would have for just the Unlimited Magic Pass (or whatever the heck they'll call it by then) for the Feb. trip. The only real cost is airfare ($300.00 for 3 of us!) and spending money.

Boy, I love DVC.

DW and DD have no idea yet that I've done this. Heh heh.

Excuse me, I have to go walk around, grinning like an idiot, for awhile.

Could you slip some of that spontaneous attitude to my DH? I would LOVE a surprise like that! Unfortunately, I am the one who gets to do all those things at our house, so the surprise is always for him!:p

I was just thinking the same thing all this week. I would LOVE to go "home"; unfortunately, I cannot. But how I want to!

I'd love to stay a week at OKW and a week at BWV and enjoy all of my favorite things! And eat in all of my favorite restaurants!
And just laze around and enjoy the magic!
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

All I can say is, Good for you! Go, enjoy yourselves and make some new memories while you're at it!

I just cancelled a trip to Europe that I have been planning for the past year (very sad), but found cheap air ($91.00) round trip from MHT to MCO! That, combined with unused travel vouchers, annual passes that don't expire until Dec., and DVC. . . looks like a quick get-a-way for me. I'll go to Epcot and pretend I'm in Europe!

Sysnonymous, Way to Go! What a great surprise! Make many more happy memories for your family. I'll be making my own in two weeks!!

Hey Tom...wife and I will also be at VWL the same weekend. I am looking forward to the reduced crowd...but sad for the circumstance that has caused it. I love those spur of the moment type trips. We live about an hour west of Disney and have had many trips that occurred due to some kind of spontaneous thought.... or stress.... lol. Oh well...see ya there.

OKW members since 4/92

That's the spirit we need right now! We have a trip coming up in two weeks (to Arizona) and don't expect to change our plans. I had a wait list come through today for next June, I'm glad it came through but not for the reasons that it did. I'm sure it's a sign of the times :( but I hope it won't last for long. We all need our DVC.

I want my DVC!

Thank you for the kind wishes, everyone. It looks like this may be a good time to go- I read that many of the 100 Years events will be running and they will be unveiling the new icon at MGM.

Thanks again

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter